PDA

View Full Version : Travel Bookings

KeithD
2nd December 2007, 10:38
Now being honest, the reason why I am asking is to put up the relevant ads on the site so I can make a few quid to help with the costs, they pay a massive £5 regardless of how much each flight costs :rolleyes:

But as it costs a few hundred a year to run this site, every little helps.

kimmi
2nd December 2007, 13:03
My fiance always use the Expedia even with hotel bookings..:)

andypaul
2nd December 2007, 13:29
A footie site i go to does the same and they also have for example an amazon link, they did also have a link where for anyone who linked though to the google pack thingy though the site the owner got 2 dollars i think it was. Like your self no one minded as he was running out of his pocket. He was not even in the IT/web industry had a normal 9-5 job so meant it took him time to sort bits ou around his regular comittments.

aromulus
2nd December 2007, 21:02
I shop around a lot, and the last couple of times I went directly to Qatar and SIA respectively.
Don't use the big booking companies at all.
I prefer SIA, but as I am married I am looking after the pennies now, so it will have to be Qatar again....
Which incidentally they have flights from Manchester now at £407 return inclusive. at the moment....
http://www.worldwideflights.com/cheapflightsp2/

gingxrick
11th December 2007, 10:32
I use KLM as I'm a member and get air miles.

KeithD
11th December 2007, 10:47
I use KLM as I'm a member and get air miles.

Air Miles.....got thousand's of them.....had two tickets to Florida already, and still got plenty left.....Belfast here I come :D

mach
11th December 2007, 13:38
Air Miles.....got thousand's of them.....had two tickets to Florida already, and still got plenty left.....Belfast here I come :D

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

peterj1961
11th December 2007, 14:09
qatar airline direct, holiday genie, wefly.co.uk, myqatar, to name a few

andypaul
11th December 2007, 14:25
The Wife Giving about 320 hours notice normal rings up the trycycle driver who they normally use we let him have a quic kip and feed him up with what ever in the tupperware on the day (if its dried fish i pop out for half an hour)

We then set off and arrive 320 hour ish later alittle tired and sometimes we stop off at a jolibee along the way.

Im not sure if he is on the net yet i think his in-trycycle iphone is still on order and waiting for smart and globe to battle it out who gets the rights for phill and i doubt he give you 500 pesos per booking:omg: possibly he will buy you a sm:Erm:

He prefers jobs to and from laguna and nothing south of the visayas after 11 pm.

aromulus
11th December 2007, 20:41

You looking for Bigtom...???:Erm: :D :D

Wasn't he going to Phil just about this time of year???:Erm::Erm:

andypaul
11th December 2007, 21:08
You looking for Bigtom...???:Erm: :D :D

Wasn't he going to Phil just about this time of year???:Erm::Erm:

But Toms car with shiny hub caps is in belfast:D

Jay&Zobel
17th December 2007, 22:50
we use thomascook

KeithD
17th December 2007, 23:07
we use thomascook

Posh buggers.....we cook are own food :D

silver13
28th December 2007, 21:04
We shop around now, but have used either a local travel agent, not thomas cook or co-op etc as they have been too heavy on the old commission front, or we have also purchased flights direct from Emirates this can be cheaper than the travel agent if the ticket is for yourself, but almost impossible if it is for your fiancee and using a credit card on-line. Personally Keith I do not mind if there are a lot more adverts in here, as long as the site is free :-) Thanks for keeping this going Keith and Merry Christmas & A Prosperous New Year To All

rosstrtco
6th January 2008, 22:32
i dont think i can vote sorry but if it helps flying from norwich with klm is spot on no worries with strikes or long waiting times it cost,s abit more but it,s worth it, thats if you live out this way but i,ve tried many different ways and this is a good way to fly

chino
7th January 2008, 23:06
book direct with the airline

Shamrockdave2003
8th January 2008, 10:04
I use Dial a flight, they usually get me the best deal

SD

pennybarry
22nd January 2008, 03:29
I used TRAVELUTION, a travel agency owned by a British married to Filipina, they are friendly and gave me discount:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stuartfarm
22nd January 2008, 09:50
Hi Pennybarry,

Can you give me the first name of the owner of TRAVELUTION , so I call call him personally about booking flights to Manila then bringing back my wife so we're both on the same flights back to the UK together . This is very important for both of us.

With the owner of TRAVELUTION being married to a filipina Im sure he'll understand the importance of this

adamsky11
1st February 2008, 03:01
http://www.crystaltravel.co.uk/holiday/default.aspx

try these currently the cheapest via kuwait airlines , its dry flights but heck that was good for me £435.00 inclusive
i last used http://www.southalltravel.com

mavid
1st February 2008, 16:41
Fiance flies with Emirates and always buys their ticket at Holiday Hypermart

Steer
15th March 2008, 21:42
Last few times i've used expedia, but next time i go i'm going direct with klm

wobblybob
16th March 2008, 13:15
I usually go either to myqatar or hongkongoasis.com, but lately have found the new features on last minute.com really good

alicat
17th March 2008, 10:49
i use lufhansa airline as im a member but sometimes i deal with last minute.com

KeithD
17th March 2008, 14:21
i use lufhansa airline ....

I used them twice, terrible :NoNo:

alicat
17th March 2008, 14:46

oh!really?mybe its not your lucky day.

andypaul
17th March 2008, 19:35

Did they drop you off over coventry?

KeithD
17th March 2008, 20:51
Did they drop you off over coventry?
This was the pilot

http://www.firstworldwar.com/features/graphics/hitler_fuhrer.jpg

KeithD
17th March 2008, 20:53
...and this was the pilot on our Japanese Airlines flight http://digilander.libero.it/lagunaricrespino/Kamikaze.JPG

andypaul
17th March 2008, 22:33
...and this was the pilot on our Japanese Airlines flight http://digilander.libero.it/lagunaricrespino/Kamikaze.JPG

Did you enjoy the landing?

KeithD
17th March 2008, 22:39
Did you enjoy the landing?
It was a big hit with all the passengers.....

andypaul
17th March 2008, 23:13
It was a big hit with all the passengers.....

Yeah i bet that went down well

aposhark
21st April 2008, 18:12
I used Dial-a-Flight for the last trip (Jan/Feb 2008 MAN-DOH-CEB rtn with Qatar Airways).

Eljohno
21st April 2008, 18:15
Dialaflight can be good but recently they advertised flights for £350 per adult but when my friend rang them the total came to £1800 for 2 adults & 1 infant...

aposhark
21st April 2008, 18:25
Qatar again....
Which incidentally they have flights from Manchester now at £407 return inclusive. at the moment....
http://www.worldwideflights.com/cheapflightsp2/

What dates did you use for that price? I couldn't see £407 :rolleyes::Help1:

Eljohno
21st April 2008, 18:59
It was probably a while ago as the prices seem to have gone up recently!!

gemini63
1st May 2008, 10:19
http://www.crystaltravel.co.uk/holiday/default.aspx

try these currently the cheapest via kuwait airlines , its dry flights but heck that was good for me £435.00 inclusive
i last used http://www.southalltravel.com

hi does this crystaltravel agency accept debit card on on line booking?

Darren
2nd May 2008, 11:13
I used Dial a flight last time I got a good deal with them, I've also used Cathy pacific these are excellent as many will already know but you have to hunt the bargain!

Darren
2nd May 2008, 11:35
One other point I forgot to mention, if you have decided to go one way or extended without upgrading your ticket I have used Addweal Travel 515 Pedro Gil Street Ermita Metro Manila
They have got me some real cheap flights to UK and Middle East before and they are very helpful.

CaptB
24th May 2008, 23:29
TNT, Parcelforce or Philippine Postal service. Although last time i sent myself in a box i ended up rerouted for 3months before sitting on a shelf in Ireland awaiting lost mail redirection to sender. Before finally ending up back where i started 5 months late and still needing to travel

Peanutz
25th May 2008, 10:30
I usually use expedia but this time I used dealchecker.co.uk. It compares cheap prices.

Eljohno
25th May 2008, 11:35
I think i will send over 3 Balikbayan boxes and thats how the 3 of us will make it to the Philippines. lol

Its funny looking over this thread and remembering how people used to get flights for about £400 and also people saying how good Oasis is oops

jimeve
25th May 2008, 13:00
I think i will send over 3 Balikbayan boxes and thats how the 3 of us will make it to the Philippines. lol

Its funny looking over this thread and remembering how people used to get flights for about £400 and also people saying how good Oasis is oops

Shame really about Oasis, nice flight, £ 150 To hong kong

Wonder why thy went burst :Erm:

A_flyer
25th May 2008, 13:10
Easy, they were loosing money at each flight...

Eljohno
25th May 2008, 13:31
Shame really about Oasis, nice flight, £ 150 To hong kong

It was because Rob kept stealing all the headphones :omg:

walesrob
18th July 2008, 20:08
It was because Rob kept stealing all the headphones :omg:

It wasn't me.....it was er....Pete! :Rasp: He told me :Cuckoo:

On a more serious note, BA are predicting fare rises on all their flights, so the age of cheap flights to Asia is long gone.

andypaul
18th July 2008, 21:13
With airlines likely to go bust merge or downsize etc it not looking good.

Less competion bigger prices

walesrob
18th July 2008, 21:22
With airlines likely to go bust merge or downsize etc it not looking good.

Less competion bigger prices

The Farnborough Airshow has just finished and although both Airbus and Boeing got big orders (Airbus being the winners - well done Yves!) it wasn't as bad as some had predicted, though most of the orders came from Gulf states.

Just done a quick look for a flight to Hong Kong in October, and there are still some good deals around - the best I found was for £390 LHR - HKG with Virgin.

andypaul
18th July 2008, 21:38
The Farnborough Airshow has just finished and although both Airbus and Boeing got big orders (Airbus being the winners - well done Yves!) it wasn't as bad as some had predicted, though most of the orders came from Gulf states.

Just done a quick look for a flight to Hong Kong in October, and there are still some good deals around - the best I found was for £390 LHR - HKG with Virgin.

Mr branson was the one i read was predicting a bit of a cull as all the fuel, credit crunch issues start to bulid up.

But as you say the gulf airlines look stronger and stronger

andy17
19th July 2008, 18:03
I only use any oneworld alliance member... since I travel on business to the US/China every 3 or 4 weeks I therefore have lots of BA miles so I'm tied to using them up on oneworld. Service is great through all the websites (they seem to use similar systems) and simple to use but not cheap if you don't have BA miles to use.

andy17
19th July 2008, 18:05
Just done a quick look for a flight to Hong Kong in October, and there are still some good deals around - the best I found was for £390 LHR - HKG with Virgin.[/QUOTE]

WOW, good price... I'll be there on October 9-22... cooler and much more pleasant for visitors!
:xxgrinning--00xx3:

eljean
2nd October 2008, 18:31
klm site...cheaper compare to travel booking agency.

RickyR
9th January 2009, 18:34
A clever little trick is to use www.greenbee.com/flights . It runs on the same engine as expedia, and the booking is actually through expedia, except all the prices are about 10 pounds cheaper then both expedia and opodo.

Next recommendation is to go through the process of booking the flight via expedia or greenbee and wait towards the end until it offers you the hotel booking, and can often be cheaper then just searching for Hotel + Flight, additionally since your booking a package you get the benefit of ATOL protection.

KLM are one of the easiest to fly to Manila with from the UK and vice versa in my opionion, and they have one of the best airmiles schemes. I often save the award miles until when I need a flight urgently and last minute when the prices is through the roof, and only pay the taxes and fees (about 300 return to manila). The silver and gold status offer a few good benefits and are both quite easy to get after a few long haul flights.

www.foundem.co.uk is good in that it searches a few different websites, as does www.travelsupermarket.com . So heres a few good things to help you along.

If you ever want to fly Business Class with BA, go through the whole booking process for the cheapest economy ticket until your near to the payment process, and it will offer you a price for upgrade to business, and more often then not this will work out a lot, lot cheaper then searching for a business class ticket outright.

Finally, if your really clever, find a good price, get a screen dump, then e-mail some travel agents and see if they can beat the quote. I have done this when i've found a good flight + hotel package on expedia/greenbee, and managed to get 50 pounds off the total price, plus an upgraded room.

Frances
10th January 2009, 15:52
My Phillip uses Opodo

tiN
26th February 2009, 11:48
Try the www.cheapticket.co.uk/manila

as they have an offer from £375 to up..

darren-b
5th March 2009, 18:25
If anyone is looking for cheap flights Virgin currently have got a sale on for flights to Hong Kong - think the lowest if £325. Paired up with some flights from Cebu Pacific could bring the cost to not much more than £400.

Bluebirdjones
5th March 2009, 21:16
Thanks for the info.
Another alternative route, which is usually one of the most expensive.

HK - London one way via Virgin is about £260

... but has anyone any info about why Cebu Pacific's flights
Davao - HK are being dis-continued after 30 March 2009 ?
and also
Davao - Singapore ?

Change of schedule ? loss-making ? route transferred to other carrier ?

Much appreciated.

keithAngel
6th March 2009, 11:02
Try the www.cheapticket.co.uk/manila (http://www.cheapticket.co.uk/manila)

as they have an offer from £375 to up..

Page wont load now ??

PeterB
6th March 2009, 14:18
... Cebu Pacific's flights
Davao - HK are being dis-continued after 30 March 2009 ?
and also
Davao - Singapore ?

Really? That is sad :bigcry: ... so soon after those routes were introduced, offering a reasonable alternative to SilkAir.

rutlandlad
8th June 2009, 20:40
Dial a Flight seems to be the most competative

darren-b
13th June 2009, 06:45
Singapore Airlines should be starting a sale today and are advertising fares to Manila from £319.

Flights must be booked by the end of the month and are available from Heathrow or Manchester for travel from 1st September to 9th December or 16th January to 31st March.

vbkelly
13th June 2009, 14:34
i got klm for £438.10 including tax going to PI

pennybarry
13th June 2009, 15:01
Got mine weeks ago for 478 £ British Airways with combination of Cathay Pacific.
Newcastle-Hongkong-Manila:BouncyHappy::cwm12::Hellooo::Rasp:

vbkelly
13th June 2009, 15:12
Got mine weeks ago for 478 £ British Airways with combination of Cathay Pacific.
Newcastle-Hongkong-Manila:BouncyHappy::cwm12::Hellooo::Rasp:

still good price ate penny for going home to pinas my hubby can't wait to enjoy the sun

pennybarry
13th June 2009, 15:19
still good price ate penny for going home to pinas my hubby can't wait to enjoy the sun

Thanks vbkelly!!See u there! I know your dates:D
Hubby can't go with me. He said just devote my time to my family. I told him I can book him but he turned me down:Brick: But then still happy as I can really enjoy being with family. He feels how homesick is his wifey:xxgrinning--00xx3:

vbkelly
13th June 2009, 15:29
Thanks vbkelly!!See u there! I know your dates:D
Hubby can't go with me. He said just devote my time to my family. I told him I can book him but he turned me down:Brick: But then still happy as I can really enjoy being with family. He feels how homesick is his wifey:xxgrinning--00xx3:

i don't wants to go home this year bcoz next year we have a double celebration family reunion and wedding but my hubby begging me like mad lol besides we just back from cuba and now couple of months we're going home to PI.