PDA

View Full Version : Bus Lane Camera

stevewool
15th July 2015, 17:23
Waiting in the line of traffic today and the inside lane is for buses only, signs are there and the camera is too.
An instant £30 fine and how many cars go into the lane.
The car in front of me and another car can wizzing past me too, I had to smile thinking thats cost them a packet.
What makes it funny is I managed to get through the traffic lights as quick as they did but cheaper :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
15th July 2015, 17:59
My traffic cop brother-in-law always maintained that such law-breakers should also be given 3 points for careless driving...for not noticing the damned signs. :NoNo:

Ako Si Jamie
15th July 2015, 19:56
My traffic cop brother-in-law always maintained that such law-breakers should also be given 3 points for careless driving...for not noticing the damned signs. :NoNo:Those traffic cops aren't exactly perfect themselves. Seen plenty jump red lights without their sirens around 4am when they think nobody can see them. I was nearly knocked down at a zebra crossing too because one wasn't paying attention and that was in broad daylight.

grahamw48
15th July 2015, 20:31
Nobody is perfect, but I wouldn't accuse my brother-in-law of any wrong doings 'on the job' unless I had witnessed them. Neither would I tar everyone with the same brush, simply because of their occupation.

Ako Si Jamie
15th July 2015, 20:32
Waiting in the line of traffic today and the inside lane is for buses only, signs are there and the camera is too.
An instant £30 fine and how many cars go into the lane.
The car in front of me and another car can wizzing past me too, I had to smile thinking thats cost them a packet.
What makes it funny is I managed to get through the traffic lights as quick as they did but cheaper :xxgrinning--00xx3:Nobs.

The one's that annoy me the most are the lazy motorists who will park anywhere regardless; bus stops, loading bays, disabled spaces etc

I know of a business who has a car park designated for staff and customers only but every Tom, Dick and Harry parks there to do their business elsewhere. Some even have the cheek to park in the disabled space and they're not even disabled. :mad:

While we're on the topic of bad drivers, I saw one of your lot pull out in his lorry yesterday from the hard shoulder onto the motorway on a GRADIENT. People behind him are doing 70mph and he's trundling along at 10mph. :doh

Anyway, just seen a video of an argument between a bus driver and some motormouth about parking on a bus stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0kNVeYBFTQ

Michael Parnham
15th July 2015, 20:59
Don't know what a bus lane is, only heard of them! :Erm:

stevewool
15th July 2015, 21:15
Don't know what a bus lane is, only heard of them! :Erm:

The clue is in the name, Michael

Michael Parnham
15th July 2015, 21:25
The clue is in the name, Michael

The only city I drive to is Sheffield and there are none there, maybe the tram has something to do with the reason there are no visible bus lanes! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
15th July 2015, 21:25
Nobody is perfect, but I wouldn't accuse my brother-in-law of any wrong doings 'on the job' unless I had witnessed them. Neither would I tar everyone with the same brush, simply because of their occupation.Yup nobody is perfect but a copper should be setting an example and not breaking the law.

stevewool
15th July 2015, 21:39
The only city I drive to is Sheffield and there are none there, maybe the tram has something to do with the reason there are no visible bus lanes!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael nearly 300 drivers a day are caught in a bus lane on Eccleshall road Sheffield, so be careful

grahamw48
15th July 2015, 21:46
Yup nobody is perfect but a copper should be setting an example and not breaking the law.

OBVIOUSLY the above is true.

However, you don't want to let it go do you.

How would you like me implying such stuff about your relatives ? :NoNo:

You and I have fallen out until I receive an apology from you.

Ako Si Jamie
15th July 2015, 22:08
OBVIOUSLY the above is true.

However, you don't want to let it go do you.

How would you like me implying such stuff about your relatives ? :NoNo:

You and I have fallen out until I receive an apology from you.I'll apologize if I'm out of order but that comment wasn't directed at your relative.

stevewool
15th July 2015, 22:19
Nobs.

The one's that annoy me the most are the lazy motorists who will park anywhere regardless; bus stops, loading bays, disabled spaces etc

I know of a business who has a car park designated for staff and customers only but every Tom, Dick and Harry parks there to do their business elsewhere. Some even have the cheek to park in the disabled space and they're not even disabled. :mad:

While we're on the topic of bad drivers, I saw one of your lot pull out in his lorry yesterday from the hard shoulder onto the motorway on a GRADIENT. People behind him are doing 70mph and he's trundling along at 10mph. :doh

Anyway, just seen a video of an argument between a bus driver and some motormouth about parking on a bus stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0kNVeYBFTQ

Why could not the women who had parked wrong get in the drivers door and drive off, and the cock with the gob, well say no more

stevewool
15th July 2015, 22:24
I'll apologize if I'm out of order but that comment wasn't directed at your relative.

Come on boys its just chit chat between us all, i dont think it was pointed directly at the family, shake hands else i will give you both a ticket, silly me a red card i mean

Ako Si Jamie
15th July 2015, 22:53
Why could not the women who had parked wrong get in the drivers door and drive off, and the cock with the gob, well say no moreI think the bus was blocking it but he had every right to.

Michael Parnham
16th July 2015, 06:43
Michael nearly 300 drivers a day are caught in a bus lane on Eccleshall road Sheffield, so be careful

Do you know, I haven't been up Eccleshall Road for over twenty years and it doesn't seem more than a couple of years ago, that brings me to your time flying topic! :Erm::xxgrinning--00xx3:

georose
16th July 2015, 12:00
You're lucky as you only have £30 fine. my husband just a quick swerved in bus lane and got fine £65 and has to pay it within 14 days but we live in London. I told him to pay it asap just in case he forgot but he was so pissed off and keep leaving it till he got home 5 pm w/c is the 14 days of the ticket issued and try to pay it and it comes out £130. He get more angry and I hope he learn for his lesson "don't leave it too late" being stubborn is not the answer...