PDA

View Full Version : Sat Navs

stevewool
30th July 2015, 20:31
How long have you had a Sat Nav, is it new or second hand,
The one i have was a reconditioned one brought with 1 years guarantee and that was 6 years ago and it still is going strong, ok there are some new roads that are not on it but i do get by using this,
A few drivers have there own too, but how old or new i have no idea,

Today 1 driver was down around Bristol but he was lost, so i was trying to guide him because our vehicles all have trackers fitted, but he was adamant he was at the right post code, but according to us he was not, he was a few miles away, he would not have it even though he could not find the address where is Sat Nav sent him, he had to go the few miles where we said it was to get to the right address but he was still saying his Sat Nav was right,

So do they wear out?

Maybe Les who uses his for his work could answer this

les_taxi
30th July 2015, 20:52
Postcodes are sometimes misleading - a good postcode can take you right to the house. Another can take you to the wrong end of 2 mile lanes as it's not house specific.

As mentioned before, I used a Tomtom for many years but it's an outdated pile of junk now. I use google now on my phone. I just say "navigate to Matthew street Liverpool", for instance, and that's it. The traffic updates are fully functional too. In fact, today I had a job to Leeds - the customer gave me the hotel name- something like the Maddison so i said "navigate to Maddison Hotel Leeds.

It picked it up straight away - as I travelled towards it the route you follow changed from green to red indicating a delay ahead. As I turned the corner of this steep bank, I ground to a halt in the delay! It also indicates how many mins you will be delayed which is reasonably accurate.

You can also say navigate to nearest cash point, filling station.

Fantastic app and free :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
30th July 2015, 21:00
Thanks Les, I have just found out how to use my phone, so I will stay clear of what you use for now

grahamw48
30th July 2015, 21:54
I've had mine since 2008. It's now on my pushbike. :biggrin:

The lady hasn't spoken to me for 4 years and the touchscreen is a bit insensitive too. :cwm3:

stevewool
30th July 2015, 22:00
I've had mine since 2008. It's now on my pushbike. :biggrin:

The lady hasn't spoken to me for 4 years

That can be a blessing sometimes :biggrin:

grahamw48
30th July 2015, 22:10
Yeah...it must have been all the bad language I used to throw at her when I was dashing all over the place with my work. :cwm25:

Iani
30th July 2015, 22:17
My satnav once told me to turn right in Leeds.............if I had taken any notice, I'd have been driving into the canal. Some people aren't as "free thinking" and possibly would have driven into said canal

grahamw48
30th July 2015, 22:25
That's what I was always telling the woman on my satnav ! :Brick:

stevewool
30th July 2015, 22:43
:laugher::laugher::laugher::laugher:, and here is me thinking its just me who talks to the sat nav

Michael Parnham
31st July 2015, 06:40
I enjoy talking to Jane on my Tom Tom! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
31st July 2015, 11:37
I enjoy talking to *Jane on my Tom Tom! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Snag is ... :anerikke: ... it's a bit like banging your head against the proverbial brick wall :Brick: ... as *she - in common with the vast majority of her gender :biggrin: - will continue to maintain she's right! :xxparty-smiley-004:

Doc Alan
31st July 2015, 12:51
Snag is ... :anerikke: ... it's a bit like banging your head against the proverbial brick wall :Brick: ... as *she - in common with the vast majority of her gender :biggrin: - will continue to maintain she's right! :xxparty-smiley-004:

You mean a Sat Nag :biggrin:

Dedworth
31st July 2015, 12:59
:icon_lol: