PDA

View Full Version : Harrogate wins award for 3rd year running

les_taxi
6th August 2015, 19:53
http://www.harrogateadvertiser.co.uk/news/local/harrogate-named-happiest-place-in-britain-1-7395122

Where is Joe? he was so looking forward to coming here after a week at his beloved Blackpool (otherwise known as a .... hole) :biggrin:

Dedworth
6th August 2015, 21:35
Joe's been missing in action since Labour's crushing defeat :icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
7th August 2015, 12:45
Harrogate has been chosen again as the happiest place to live in the UK for the third year running, lucky Les. C'mon Les tell us a little about the real Harrogate I'm sure it would be very interesting :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
7th August 2015, 13:41
Michael,
I've merged your post with the original posting from Les :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
7th August 2015, 13:49
Congrats to Les's posh home town. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I see it was featured on the new 'Traffic Cops' on beeb1 last night. :Jump:

I've been looking out for my (Police Sergeant) nephew on this series , which is about North Yorkshire Police. :smile:

My sister met his dad ...also a cop, when my brother-in-law was based in Harrogate.

Arthur Little
7th August 2015, 20:31
:smile: Les ... congratulations (again) to Harrogate. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
7th August 2015, 20:52
... for the third year running ...

Mmmhmm ... :yeahthat:'s a 'hat' trick' - a :xxsmilie_fussball: x3 term - which will suit a soccer fan like Les! :wink:

Michael Parnham
8th August 2015, 07:23
Congrats to Les's posh home town. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I see it was featured on the new 'Traffic Cops' on beeb1 last night. :Jump:

I've been looking out for my (Police Sergeant) nephew on this series , which is about North Yorkshire Police. :smile:

My sister met his dad ...also a cop, when my brother-in-law was based in Harrogate.

A little less of the posh Graham as York came fourth, good result also!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
8th August 2015, 16:00
How about Northampton :Cuckoo:

grahamw48
8th August 2015, 18:23
How about Northampton :Cuckoo:

I always have fond memories of Northampton. I used to have calls in the town when (in my 20s) I was area sales manager with a music company. ...including what was at that time a very impressive new Tesco at the Weston Favell shopping centre...also very new then.

Added to which, three of my favourite motorsport venues are nearby. Santa Pod drag race strip and Silverstone, both of which I've been visiting since 1970, as well as the more recently constructed Rockingham Speedway...the 'Indianapolis' of Europe. :smile:

Okay, Harrogate has the Harewood Hillclimb a few miles away....but other than that...