PDA

View Full Version : Crazy drivers

stevewool
23rd August 2015, 11:50
You see the signs on the motorway, Roadworks ahead, 3 miles then 2 mile then 1 mile then in meters ,
Last night just getting back towards Derby and the was setting out the road works, this idiot in Volvo either must have been day dreaming or just had no idea,
To quick and the cones was flying everywhere , it was very lucky there was no accident , i was off that junction so i did not know what happened after that,

KeithD
23rd August 2015, 13:50
Volvo driver? Enough said :icon_lol:

les_taxi
23rd August 2015, 14:22
You have to be 80+ to drive a volvo:biggrin:

grahamw48
23rd August 2015, 14:48
Damn shame it wasn't a non-indicating Beemer. :mad:

grahamw48
23rd August 2015, 14:55
...Having said that, I can be a bit aggressive in our 550bhp 'family van'. :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acrp1q2euBI

Michael Parnham
23rd August 2015, 15:02
Wow, was that you driving your van Graham, looked to be great fun.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
23rd August 2015, 15:45
Wow, was that you driving your van Graham, looked to be great fun.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yes Michael, it's a (partial) replay of the race...from 'spectating' points of view. You can actually switch between different views while replaying...but I don't have enough hands while holding my camera making the vid. :Cuckoo:

When you are driving, your view is through the windscreen of course. :smile:

Michael Parnham
23rd August 2015, 16:31
Yes Michael, it's a (partial) replay of the race...from 'spectating' points of view. You can actually switch between different views while replaying...but I don't have enough hands while holding my camera making the vid. :Cuckoo:

When you are driving, your view is through the windscreen of course. :smile:

Very nice, btw how's mum and baby getting on?

grahamw48
23rd August 2015, 16:48
Mum and baby are doing brilliantly thanks Michael. I'll be there with them in 10 days. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

You might find this interesting:

This is the view I get from the driver's seat when playing these racing games. The graphics are actually perfect on my 42" TV, but youtube makes it look much poorer quality.

I am using a motorised 'forcefeedback' steering wheel (that means you've got proper 'feel' and resistance from it), plus manual gear-change and separate foot pedals...so all in all, quite realistic. :smile:

The track is the old Nurburgring in Germany, which is about 12 miles per lap ! I'm using my very tuned up Toyota MR2, but I'm still struggling, because I forgot to alter the gearing to suit the very long high speed straights. I managed to get to the front, but was then passed by the faster cars just before the finish line. :Brick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf37uhB6KQ8

I can tune every last detail of the cars...from engine to suspension, (with accurate effect) and also paint and customise with my own colour schemes, etc.

It may not be everyone's idea of fun, but the modern technology involved is just staggering...compared to the meccano set or whatever we had as kids.

Michael Parnham
23rd August 2015, 19:46
Yes, great stuff Graham, so I don't forget, hope you have a great flight and I'm sure you'll be right chuffed when you meet your growing family, give our congrats to Mercedes and have a great time, I'm sure you'll have lots to show us when you return.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
23rd August 2015, 19:59
Will do. Thanks Michael. :xxgrinning--00xx3: