PDA

View Full Version : DWP Letter has arrived

stevewool
27th August 2015, 23:11
It took me some time to open this letter from the Department for Works and Pensions,

I filled in the forms in to enquire on how much i may get in my pension when i reach retirement age ,

Well it seems i have 41 qualifying years towards it so far and for that great length of time i will get between £151.25 to £167.46 per week,

I was contracted out and for this i have been deducted £29.15, i am sure before long there will be some sort of miss sold contracting out pension insurance claim i can claim for :biggrin:

Ok some of you may think thats rubbish but i am well chuffed i can start the proper plan now, and yes its not going to happen for another 9 years before i can start claiming this great figure ,

Anyway keep saving and dream those dreams :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
28th August 2015, 05:47
I'm getting £165.76 at the moment Steve, contracted out no deductions!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
29th August 2015, 10:38
I'm getting £165.76 at the moment Steve, contracted out no deductions!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

You must have missed this Steve:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
29th August 2015, 10:50
When I became 65years old I never contacted anyone about my state pension, I just received a letter of notification telling me when I would receive and how much it would be and that letter arrived a few days before my birthday also at that time had £24000 in the bank, it never affected anything and no one ever asked about savings:Erm:

stevewool
29th August 2015, 11:05
Thanks Michael,
I thought a state pension and a private pension was two different things, plus whats in your bank account has nothing to do with what you get , but i could be wrong

grahamw48
29th August 2015, 11:40
State Pension is not means tested...as far as I'm aware. :Erm:

Michael Parnham
29th August 2015, 11:42
Thanks Michael,
I thought a state pension and a private pension was two different things, plus whats in your bank account has nothing to do with what you get , but i could be wrong

Even if you have a few million in your bank you will still get your state pension.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
29th August 2015, 12:10
Even if you have a few million in your bank you will still get your state pension.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pesos you are meaning Michael

Michael Parnham
29th August 2015, 12:19
Pesos you are meaning Michael

£££££'s:xxgrinning--00xx3: