PDA

View Full Version : 59 Day Visa

Rory
4th September 2015, 21:08
Anyone recently paid for a 59 day visa when arriving at the airport in the Philippines? Just wondering what the cost is now.

Last time i got one was in 2012 and i have forgotten what i paid for it. I know it was not a great amount and they had no change at the airport so i had to pay to the nearest round figure in notes that i had in my pocket.

stevewool
4th September 2015, 21:14
Same here Rory, i forgot what i paid too, so cant help you

Rory
4th September 2015, 21:36
Booked to fly out on the 28th September and not back until early November so i will be needing one.

Still waiting for my the wife's FLR back with passport and visa or we will not be going. Not panicing to much at the moment. :cwm25:

Michael Parnham
5th September 2015, 03:00
I got mine from the Philippine Embassy London, only took a couple of days, Call 02074511800.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
5th September 2015, 06:43
Anyone recently paid for a 59 day visa when arriving at the airport in the Philippines? Just wondering what the cost is now.

Last time i got one was in 2012 and i have forgotten what i paid for it. I know it was not a great amount and they had no change at the airport so i had to pay to the nearest round figure in notes that i had in my pocket.

If you're travelling together then you don't need any 29 day visa extension at the airport or a 59 day advance visa from the Embassy.

As you're married to a Filipino citizen your wife just need to ask for a BalikBayan Stamp in your passport when presenting yourself at the Immigration Arrivals point. The BalikBayan stamp is good for 1 year and is free of charge.
Just have your marriage certificate readily available.
Best practice is to approach the desk togather and ask the Immigration Officer for it before handing over the passports.

If you're not arriving together better to secure the visa from the Philippine Embassy beforehand.
It's not uncommon to have the terminals switched in these days or reconstruction. Some terminals are not equipped to issue 29 day extension visa

Rory
5th September 2015, 19:21
Thanks for that Pete. I was thinking it was £65 for the BalikBayan 1 year stamp in the passport, i will try this route first then.

anne090909
23rd September 2015, 12:08
When we went home last year with my husband the immigration officer asked me if he is my husband and I said yes then they stamped his passport for 1 yr balikbayan visa and it's free :smile::biggrin:

SimonH
23rd September 2015, 13:42
When we went home last year with my husband the immigration officer asked me if he is my husband and I said yes then they stamped his passport for 1 yr balikbayan visa and it's free :smile::biggrin:

Same here, even this time when I arrived on my own they saw my balibayan stamp and asked if I wanted another one :smile:

Terpe
23rd September 2015, 13:48
Same here, even this time when I arrived on my own they saw my balibayan stamp and asked if I wanted another one :smile:

You can consider yourself very lucky.
It's not in line with the rules.