PDA

View Full Version : Philippines Is 5th In The World For Traffic

KeithD
5th September 2015, 17:36
According to to Numbeo’s Traffic Index, the Philippines is not the worst place for traffic in the world. The winner is Egypt. Then South Africa, Thailand and Iran.

So for those who have spent two moving 1/2 mile on EDSA (me :doh), there are worst places in the world. What a relief :cwm25:

LA is a nightmare, but like London, it is an organized nightmare!

Terpe
5th September 2015, 17:55
I've said it before and i'll say it again.
Philippines drivers are the least skilled, the least aware, the least disclipened and the least mannered in the whole world IMHO

KeithD
5th September 2015, 17:59
Philippines drivers are the least skilled, the least aware, the least disclipened and the least mannered in the whole world IMHO

That must be right ...... they let Rayna's sister drive :icon_lol:

stevewool
5th September 2015, 18:12
When traveling in the backs of cars I just close my eyes and count to 10,000 slowly, and i should be ware i want to be by that time , it works for me,

Rory
5th September 2015, 19:30
What gets me is all the horn beeping all the time. :doh

KeithD
5th September 2015, 20:07
What gets me is all the horn beeping all the time. :doh

The wife tells me to beep people in the Phil, but I tell her it is a waste of time when everyone does it.

cheekee
5th September 2015, 23:27
For some reason I enjoy riding motorbikes in cebu.

Wouldn't do it in manila though.

I must be mad lol

Iani
6th September 2015, 11:28
I don't believe this.

Phils is jammed with traffic, but the drivers aren't THAT bad, there's just too many of them for a city to manage.

I've driven in South Africa, it's fine and there's even a road law regarding junctions where people emerge through a gentlemans agreement, you let someone out if you feel generous - it actually works. Granted this wasn't in J'Burg. Oh and don't stop your car in certain places because you'll be pulled out and probably killed, there's road signs in the worst places.

Much worse was Lebanon. Every single car had bumps and scratches, every car belched out fumes, every driver would pass on the right, the left - if there was a space, they'd try to use it, and if it meant SCRAPPPEEEEEE against another driver, then no worries

SimonH
6th September 2015, 11:35
I actually quite enjoy driving there :Erm:

The one thing I notice is the lack of road rage, it's almost expected that people will drive badly and therefore it's accepted :icon_lol:

KeithD
6th September 2015, 11:53
it meant SCRAPPPEEEEEE

Your avatar is a SHEEP and you're talking about SCRAPIES :cwm24:

andy222
6th September 2015, 14:25
I've said it before and i'll say it again.
Obviously you hav'nt driven in Birmingham.:biggrin:

stevewool
6th September 2015, 15:34
I actually quite enjoy driving there :Erm:

The one thing I notice is the lack of road rage, it's almost expected that people will drive badly and therefore it's accepted :icon_lol:

I did notice that too, lots of traveling in and around Manila i did not see any road rage, but if you left a small gap you was doomed

cheekee
6th September 2015, 17:25
I did notice that too, lots of traveling in and around Manila i did not see any road rage, but if you left a small gap you was doomed

Yes. Just drive so you make sure all gaps are covered and others will just politely stay behind you. The only thing that annoyed me was the yellow Ceres coaches that would overtake you at high speed only to stop just on front of you to drop passengers off :NoNo: