PDA

View Full Version : Ebay

stevewool
13th September 2015, 19:28
Been looking at some things on Ebay and i have even put a bid on one too,
I fixed the price that i was happy to pay and it sold for another £85 above my price, there was a mad flurry of bids all in the last minute , silly T---ts , and you know what you can buy it brand new for cheaper then the person brought it for ,
Buy the way i am selling a brand new pair of doc martin boots on there two, if anyone is intrested :biggrin:

cheekee
13th September 2015, 19:47
I was looking at a pair of kef speakers on eBay to make up my surround system.

Found some and they went for £160. £10 over my max bid.

Happy really because I took a look on Gumtree and found the same ones in better condition on Gumtree for £60. The guy even had the matching centre speaker for £30. So I went home with 3 speakers for less than the two in eBay.

Worth having a look a Gumtree sometimes.

Got some good eBay sniping software in my android phone called mybidder auction pro. It logs into your eBay account and snipes your bid 5 or 3 seconds before the end of an auction.

raynaputi
13th September 2015, 20:41
A few months ago, our hoover broke and Keith started looking for a new one (a refurbished at least) in ebay. He managed to find a few and started bidding on some of it. The one he was after cost around £200+ for a new one. He won it in the bidding for around £25 I think, it's a manufacturer refurbished so not bad at all. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
13th September 2015, 21:35
Had a galaxy s5 for sale mint condition, phone shops offered me between £110 to £128 for it they said thats what the going rate was so put it on Ebay and put a reserve price of £160 so would still be better off after usual cost if it reached its reserve so looked in with 10 mins to go and reserve had been hit so was a happy chappie bit with just a minute to go more bids flew in and ended up selling for £215.....:biggrin:

fred
14th September 2015, 01:02
i was happy to pay and it sold for another £85 above my price, there was a mad flurry of bids all in the last minute , silly T---ts

Steve..Ive not used Ebay for years but from memory the mad bidding at the end is automatic.. Just put in your maximum bid (which is hidden from view) and the software bids for you at the end.. (something like that)

cheekee
14th September 2015, 01:16
Steve..Ive not used Ebay for years but from memory the mad bidding at the end is automatic.. Just put in your maximum bid (which is hidden from view) and the software bids for you at the end.. (something like that)

I like to snipe my bid at the end as it stops people putting higher bids in that time with only seconds to go

If someone had put a higher bid in anyway then fair enough and I wouldn't want to pay higher anyway.

But the sniper software I use has got me some great bargains.

KeithD
14th September 2015, 08:49
You can grab bargains at bricks and mortar auctions. We got a cross trainer for £17, supposed to be £130. It was a customer return, probably Argos initially, one footplate was missing. Easy to make a spare with some wood. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

We got a £100 top spec Tassimo for £10 last year. :biggrin: Plus about 50 years of printer paper for £4 :omg:

bigmarco
14th September 2015, 14:20
Ebay dilemma.

A pair of trainers I had up ended last week and didn't reach the reserve of £85. Once the sale ended I was contacted by someone with an African name from South Africa who offered me £130 for the trainers plus postage.I duly sent him a paypal invoice for £149.70 which he has now paid. So at the moment I have the trainers and £149.70 in my possession.
What do I do ?
He's clearly trying to scam me because he could of had the trainers for £85 plus postage.
I would like to teach him a lesson but not sure I can ?

Steve.r
14th September 2015, 16:13
Marco, say you sent them, does he want proof of postage?

Steve.r
14th September 2015, 16:15
BTW, I used eBay.ph last week for some fishing stuff. The closest items were in Thailand so I hope they turn up. I'll keep you all posted

raynaputi
14th September 2015, 16:48
BTW, I used eBay.ph last week for some fishing stuff. The closest items were in Thailand so I hope they turn up. I'll keep you all posted

You will have to get that from the post office Steve, and you will have to pay PHP100 to them (in addition to any customs duty they might impose).

stevewool
14th September 2015, 18:46

I always do put the max in, then walk away:xxgrinning--00xx3:

bigmarco
15th September 2015, 18:07
Marco, say you sent them, does he want proof of postage?

No that won't work Steve. PayPal will take his side unless I can provide proof of postage and even then he'll say he didn't get them.
I think I'll return the money and of course let him know that I know what he's up to.

London_Manila
16th September 2015, 01:41
I recently sold a laptop on Ebay for £900 and duly sent it off
After 26 days he claimed he never received it = Ebay a request is open
I sent him a terse e mail stating i had proof of delivery and i had the laptops serial number which i would report to the police in his local area as stolen, i also pointed out that i had stated a 2 day delivery but it had taken him 26 days to complain. I also mentioned that i would inform Apple that the laptop had been stolen
I gave him a limit of 5 days for the laptop to surface.......
3 hours after sending that e mail he backed down and the request was closed
These chancers will try it on if they think they can get way with it
Aways get proof of posting and i only deal with UK bidders with Paypal payments

fred
16th September 2015, 05:13
No that won't work Steve. PayPal will take his side unless I can provide proof of postage and even then he'll say he didn't get them.
I think I'll return the money and of course let him know that I know what he's up to.

So if you send him the trainers via courier that can track where the package is and you have the courier tracking number as proof it was sent whats the problem?
How can paypal take his side?
I wonder what his angle is in regards a scam??
Best place to ask for advice is www.419eater.com/
They will tell you EXACTLY what to do.

KeithD
16th September 2015, 08:12
When I used to sell on eBay, you would get the odd scammer. I won every case though as I had proof of delivery. With that, the customer has to claim off the courier. I would never sell to none western countries though.