PDA

View Full Version : Abusayaf

Michael Parnham
15th September 2015, 07:55
News is going around on Facebook that a large number of the terrorist group Abusayaf from Mindanao are planning to move onto Siquijor Island, reason? Not known what their plan is yet :Erm: Has anyone else on the Forum received news of this?

KeithD
15th September 2015, 09:04
Let them all move to an island, then bomb it flat. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
16th September 2015, 05:37
If you read it on FB...It must be true!!

Michael Parnham
16th September 2015, 07:07
If you read it on FB...It must be true!!

Really? because I'm worried about Maritess family!

KeithD
16th September 2015, 08:04

Unless information comes from an official source, it is usually crap.

raynaputi
16th September 2015, 14:11

DO NOT believe everything posted in Facebook. Plenty of hoax, spam and crap stuff there. Do your own research first before believing & sharing most of them.

Michael Parnham
16th September 2015, 17:54
Thank you Rayna & Keith, I don't go on Facebook but is was Maritess told me and I asked her who put that on Facebook but she doesn't know!:Erm:

Ako Si Jamie
14th January 2016, 23:25
Five years ago Abu Sayyaf were preparing to target Siquijor and Bohol. Maybe what you read Michael was taken from that. :Erm:

marksroomspain
14th January 2016, 23:32
Let them all move to an island, then bomb it flat. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Exactly...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tawi2
19th January 2016, 18:47
Abusayaf have never decided to target siquijor,i know no muslims on the island,its got no strategic significance,its the sort of place where everyone knows everyone elses business,and its a rumour mill,i lived there for quite a while and am still in contact with a few cops from larena.

Ako Si Jamie
19th January 2016, 21:35
Abusayaf have never decided to target siquijor,i know no muslims on the island,its got no strategic significance,its the sort of place where everyone knows everyone elses business,and its a rumour mill,i lived there for quite a while and am still in contact with a few cops from larena.

I got my info from the press. Make of that as you will. :smile:

Tawi2
20th January 2016, 11:23
Yup,abusayaf always put a full page advert in the pinoy press when they are thinking of "invading" islands :icon_lol: pinas is the most deadly place for a journalist,never believe anything you read in the papers.

Ako Si Jamie
20th January 2016, 22:50
Valid point. Anyway here's the article.

http://www.visayandailystar.com/2011/January/11/negor1.htm