PDA

View Full Version : Just a few advice for new visa applicants

Tiggers0608
6th December 2007, 21:19
Hi guys,

Some advice for new visa applicant, hope this will help you somehow. Just lodge my applicantion last wednesday at UKvac.

1. Please bring 1 valid ID ... you need it for the guard at the ground floor.
2. UKvacs is at 25th floor, the guard/s at UKvacs will asked you if you have an appointment (better make an appointment first is better, although they do accept walk-in applicants too)
3. Leave ur bags/belongings at the guard and also turn-off your cellphone, the guards will asked you to bring your wallet /money with you (just dont forget your baggage number)
4. Bring all your documents with you when you enter the room, you can't bring your plastic bags, the guards won't allow it inside the UKvacs.
5. If you have an appointment wait to be called! be there as early as 20-30 mins before your appointment/call time.
6. Put your docs in an envelop no need to put it in a fancy folder or any presentation you might thought of as they will just take them and put it in there plastic envelop.
7. Just make sure all you documents are there and in order with your check list and everything you need to sign is signed.
8. Make sure you use the new application form for fiancee/spouse its VAF4 oct 2007, coz i seen 1 applicant still used the old form.
9. Just be patient with them why they asked you too much and when they go through your forms and docs. after checking your documents he/she will asked you if you want your passport to be pick-up or delivered (make sure you have money with you if you said delievered lol its PHP225/per applicant.
10. biometrics ... waiting to be called at biometrics may take a long time so bring a jacket with you coz some applicants there are shaking while having there biometrics. lol, no need to be alarmed at biometrics as its only fingerscanning and picture taking (unless your a wanted criminal lol just kidding)

Good luck on your application and hope we will have our visas soon. :Hellooo::BouncyHappy::cwm12::Rasp:

andypaul
6th December 2007, 21:27
Useful info for those going though the process just the sort of Info i used to search and search for when we were applying for my Wifes Visa.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

ervenescence
6th December 2007, 21:49
Good advice :xxgrinning--00xx3:

and another thing is, if you have a chaperone with you or a bodyguard(husband or fiance :D). Their not allowed to come in the interview room (UKvacs), but they can stay in the canteen downstairs and have a beer while waiting for their boss.

baboyako
6th December 2007, 22:32
I'm not sure about 'walk in applicants' my lady had an appointment for tuesday then got it rescheduled to friday. so be prepared for a longer hotel stay..

nigel
6th December 2007, 22:33
Hey my Vimvie was there last Wednesday aswell!! Hope it wasn't her with the old type of VAF4 form!!:omg: Ha ha:icon_lol: Errr maybe it was her!:cwm34:

andypaul
6th December 2007, 22:48

and another thing is, if you have a chaperone with you or a bodyguard(husband or fiance :D). Their not allowed to come in the interview room (UKvacs), but they can stay in the canteen downstairs and have a beer while waiting for their boss.

The wife and I have only had to vist the brit embassy once and that was to get my cni converted. I wish i had known about the canteen the wife and Tita went off to gloriaetta to get some free plastic bags sadly they had to buy items to get the bags:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Hanna
6th December 2007, 23:48
Thanks for the information:)

Hanna:)

Marwin08
7th December 2007, 00:52
:Hellooo: thanks 4 d input and good luck in your application:)

kimmi
7th December 2007, 02:52
wow that's great sis..:)

mhynne
7th December 2007, 12:49
great advice sis!
good luck on your application.. we are both currently waiting now..
hope our visa turn up soon.. god bless!

Tiggers0608
7th December 2007, 21:18
Useful info for those going though the process just the sort of Info i used to search and search for when we were applying for my Wifes Visa.

:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

thanks andy i do hope this will help new applicants somehow :)

Tiggers0608
7th December 2007, 21:27

thanks for the additional info sis, yes your right ... only the applicant can go inside UKvac.

Tiggers0608
7th December 2007, 21:31
I'm not sure about 'walk in applicants' my lady had an appointment for tuesday then got it rescheduled to friday. so be prepared for a longer hotel stay..

Hi baboyako, yes they do allow walk-in applicants now but you have to wait for a very long line lol and some are even answering the forms there on the spot.

Tiggers0608
7th December 2007, 21:39
Hey my Vimvie was there last Wednesday aswell!! Hope it wasn't her with the old type of VAF4 form!!:omg: Ha ha:icon_lol: Errr maybe it was her!:cwm34:

Hey thats cool, what time did she went there? i was scheduled at 11:15, but i was there around 10:40, i only saw 4 settlement applicants coz its color coding there, if they gave you red it means for settlement. well some fiancee and spouse they we're asked to go back bcoz of incomplete requirements and theres 1 lady who only paid PHP 26,000 for her settlement visa.

good luck to you and vimvie, and to us all waiting for our visas

andypaul
7th December 2007, 21:39
Hi baboyako, yes they do allow walk-in applicants now but you have to wait for a very long line lol and some are even answering the forms there on the spot.

jeezz answering the form on the spot:omg:
It took us days to answer the questions on most of the visa forms the wife and i had to ensure we had done it correctly.

Tiggers0608
7th December 2007, 21:40
Thanks for the information:)

Hanna:)

hi hanna your welcome

andypaul
7th December 2007, 21:42

i hope the appointment went well :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Tiggers0608
7th December 2007, 21:43
wow that's great sis..:)

hi sis kimmi have a safe trip :bigcry: huhuhu im going to miss ya. tom is your flight right sun? :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry: take care and thanks for all the help sis

andypaul
7th December 2007, 21:46
Kimmi flys the 8th right remembered the date as a family birthday?

Tiggers0608
7th December 2007, 21:47
great advice sis!
good luck on your application.. we are both currently waiting now..
hope our visa turn up soon.. god bless!

hi sis good luck to you too, and yes i hope we'll have our visa soon as our christmas gifts :Hellooo:

Tiggers0608
7th December 2007, 21:50
Kimmi flys the 8th right remembered the date as a family birthday?

hhmmm she said sun and thats dec 9 and she did mention dec 8 is her flight but thats sat, but her offline was sun lol :doh:Erm: now im confused lol :icon_lol:

Tiggers0608
7th December 2007, 21:53
:Hellooo: thanks 4 d input and good luck in your application:)

hi thanks sis, good luck on meeting your BF too, i think its better if you both meet in the phils, (well its just an opinion sis) :BouncyHappy: so he can meet your family too. :)

baboyako
7th December 2007, 21:53
i hope the appointment went well :xxgrinning--00xx3:

just handing over the documents and the fingerprints, I expect she'll be invited back :cwm3: in the not to distant future.

ginapeterb
7th December 2007, 22:34
Good Information, its good to see some applicants are coming on the forum, and updating us on the new procedures, of course some of us will remember the old days of hanging around outside the Embassy, chatting with the guards and nipping around to 7-11 to buy the marine guards a packet of fags for allowing us to stand on the pavement.

Remember that Rob ? going around to 7-11 to get a rather grush cup of coffee, and then dashing off to Glorietta to find a clean loo.

Glad to hear the new applicants are getting through quicker.

andypaul
8th December 2007, 00:48
just handing over the documents and the fingerprints, I expect she'll be invited back :cwm3: in the not to distant future.

Make sure the boss has her frequent flyers card for all those hotel points:D

But at least they were handed in no rearrangement of appointments again:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I saw that Kimmi was interviewed but most applicants on here still seem to get a postal response so fingers crossed.

andypaul
8th December 2007, 00:56
Good Information, its good to see some applicants are coming on the forum, and updating us on the new procedures, of course some of us will remember the old days of hanging around outside the Embassy, chatting with the guards and nipping around to 7-11 to buy the marine guards a packet of fags for allowing us to stand on the pavement.

Remember that Rob ? going around to 7-11 to get a rather grush cup of coffee, and then dashing off to Glorietta to find a clean loo.

Gotta say i remeber reading about Rob and your experience pete while waiting for the interviews of your wifes and was just weeks away from it myself.
Always wonder if them sliping the notes in by accident in your Wifes documents was not part of the catlyst for change at the time?

I have visted many embassies and high comissions in london of various countries and all seem far more organised than the british embassy in manila. What with the copy of the checklist sent back with the wifes paperwork on the reverse having the reaquirments for various us visas on the rear side:Erm:

kimmi
8th December 2007, 02:58
Goodluck Sis Adel, Vimvie and Baby ako's girl..I hope and pray u will receive ur visa soon..Just let me know in what ways I can help..
Good luck everyone..:)

Tiggers0608
8th December 2007, 21:04

why did they asked her to be rescheduled? if its ok to asked :D and good luck on your application too

Tiggers0608
8th December 2007, 21:08
Goodluck Sis Adel, Vimvie and Baby ako's girl..I hope and pray u will receive ur visa soon..Just let me know in what ways I can help..
Good luck everyone..:)

hi sis thanks for all your help and hopefully we can get the visa soon so we can attend your wedding hehehe :Hellooo::BouncyHappy::)

have a safetrip, take care and god bless, don't worry too much about your flight you can handle it pretty well sis, like how you handled your interview with the ECO :Hellooo:

nigel
9th December 2007, 00:40
Hey thats cool, what time did she went there? i was scheduled at 11:15, but i was there around 10:40, i only saw 4 settlement applicants coz its color coding there, if they gave you red it means for settlement. well some fiancee and spouse they we're asked to go back bcoz of incomplete requirements and theres 1 lady who only paid PHP 26,000 for her settlement visa.

good luck to you and vimvie, and to us all waiting for our visas

Vimvie's scheduled time was 09:50am, but she was still there at 13:00pm! With her poor father still waiting for her outside!! Vimvie's fairly tall, but it may be that you didn't see her at all. Vimvie didn't have any problems there, they just made her wait a long time..When she came out she found her father had made friends with some local people, his name is Nemesio, I guess you just might have seen him. heh heh! :BouncyHappy:

Tiggers0608
13th December 2007, 00:15
Vimvie's scheduled time was 09:50am, but she was still there at 13:00pm! With her poor father still waiting for her outside!! Vimvie's fairly tall, but it may be that you didn't see her at all. Vimvie didn't have any problems there, they just made her wait a long time..When she came out she found her father had made friends with some local people, his name is Nemesio, I guess you just might have seen him. heh heh! :BouncyHappy:

yeah i kinda seen your father-in-law but i didnt see vimvie :NoNo: i was there at 10:40am to 12:30pm coz i was sched at 11:15am and 11:30am. but they called me at 10:50am. good luck to both of you, i hope our visa will be approve and delivered very soon :Hellooo:

Tiggers0608
13th December 2007, 00:19

Hi sir pete thanks, its good to help others as this forum help most of us in preparing our documents and it gained us new friends too. keep up the good work and also to the other admin and sir keith. :Hellooo:

nigel
13th December 2007, 21:13
yeah i kinda seen your father-in-law but i didnt see vimvie :NoNo: i was there at 10:40am to 12:30pm coz i was sched at 11:15am and 11:30am. but they called me at 10:50am. good luck to both of you, i hope our visa will be approve and delivered very soon :Hellooo:

Cheers me old mucker!! Have a great xmas!! Be lucky!! :cwm12: