PDA

View Full Version : desperate caregiver. Please help

Marwin08
7th December 2007, 13:11
hi to all,im a caregiver here in israel. I've been working here for almost 1year and 7 months.
I had read the love story of kimmi in her thread. And we had the same query but not all.
Here's mine,i met my bf in a mobile chat last sept 2007,from then we are chatting every night. With the help of this forum,i learned that we need to gather lots of evidences. We are exchanging letters every after two weeks.
From then,my BF plans to visit me here by feb but due to some reasons we changed plans. He wants us to meet in the Philippines by April 2008. He already proposed to me eventhough we didnt meet yet. Last night, he asked me if we can get married straight away by april 2008 please take note "it will only be our first meeting" coz he's planning to have six weeks holiday.
I told him,im going to post it to the forum and will seek advice. We do love each other. I know were going too fast. I just brought this question so we know what were going to do.
(1) is it possible that we can get married on our first meeting?
(2) will it affect my future application if eco will see that we get married straight away.
I didnt answer my bf yet coz
i want to clear it out. If our meeting turns into a positive result can we pursue this plan.
Guys,hope u can enlighten me regarding this matter so i can relay all your advices to my BF.
thanks for having this site. Browsing this site,makes my phone battery empty(needs charging):icon_lol::Cuckoo:

KeithD
7th December 2007, 13:20
(1) Yes you can, but is it wise? He could be a mass murderer.....a bit like the Jewish government :yikes:

You may not even get on, best thing to do is for him to go to Isreal for 2 weeks, and see how it goes. Then you plan your next move when that is finished.

Another point about safety:
You cannot even get a safety pin on planes to Israel.....yet you can get grenades, guns, missiles, on Philippine flights :omg:

(2) Probably not, but you both need to reserach all the paperwork etc in depth. It is MUCH easier getting a fiancee visa from Israel than it is from the Philippines, think of that.

kimmi
7th December 2007, 13:40
hi Wheng,

thanks for finding time reading my love story..:Hellooo:
oh yes we do have the same situation with regards to time frame..

and with regards to ur queeries hope these help..

(1) is it possible that we can get married on our first meeting?

- of course u can get married as long as u have all the documents needed for the wedding..CNI's, Birth certificates, marriage license and the likes..but u are saying it will only be ur very first meeting by then, it is ur DECISION..it's really up to u, we cannot say dont get married but if ur heart desires for him we cannot do anything about it..i guess it would be best if u ask urself first before u ask us coz it seems to me that ure not yet prepared with the situation,for me, MARRIAGE is a major decision in one's life..

the only problem i see about getting married on the first meeting is..

are u sure he's the one meant for u?as what my mom always told me, Marriage is sacred, its not like a cooked rice that if u put in ur mouth and when u get burn u will just throw it away..Marriage is a commitment, when u have misunderstandings u cannot just say let's part ways..are u prepared for that?

(2) will it affect my future application if eco will see that we get married straight away.

with regards with ur future application, I dont think it will affect if u get married straight away..they cannot control u with that, its ur choice, ur decision..as long as u prove to them that the relationship is genuine and provided all the documents they need I dont see any problem with ur application..

Marwin08
7th December 2007, 14:06
(2) Probably not, but you both need to reserach all the paperwork etc in depth. It is MUCH easier getting a fiancee visa from Israel than it is from the Philippines, think of that.

boss keith,he's afraid now to come over. And he really insisted me to go home. One more thing boss,im not a resident citizen of israel im only a contract worker. Thanks boss 4 d advce:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
7th December 2007, 14:33
Doesn't matter if you are a contract worker, you have the same rights.

As for him 'insisting' is he your boss? He is the one to visit you where you are NOW. If he can't do that, he hasn't got much bottle for the rest of your life has he? :Erm:

There isn't even a problem in Israel at the moment, yet in the Philippines, armed coup in Manilla, terrorists blowing things up in Manilla, Mindanao, and other places, armed police/army everywhere, high chance of a mugging, earthquakes, volcanoes, mud slides, official UK government warnings.......I don't remember seeing any of them mention in Israel!!!! :doh

Marwin08
7th December 2007, 14:33
sis kimmi thanks 4 d light. You're really a guidance counselor. Im really prepared to get married,im only waiting for the Right Man.:):cwm38: i just brought this query coz im afraid that ECO will thinks that im a "MAIL ORDER BRIDE" if we do that move. Since u and boss keith have the same adviced i will take it. I just hope and pray our meeting will turns into a positive results.
Im very grateful being here. Its nice my phone can browse this. Thank u thank u thank u very much:Hellooo::Hellooo:

Pepe n Pilar
7th December 2007, 15:23
Hi Jaywin have replied to your offline message already.
As to getting married during the first meeting, well it is your decision. We can't say "don't" if your heart speaks for it. If you think he is the right guy for you, if you think communicating for a short period of time is ample enough to have a lasting and stable relationship, and if you think he possessess the qualities of the man you're dreaming of then go for it. Wish you the best of luck!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
7th December 2007, 15:24
boss keith,he's afraid now to come over. And he really insisted me to go home by april. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Keep calm.

"insisting".... No good....

Afraid to come to meet you in Israel...??? :Erm:

Sorry, but to me it doesan't sound too "kosher"....

Marwin08
7th December 2007, 15:46
thanks guys for advicing me. Well, we still have four months to think of it. No one knows what will happen next.

joebloggs
7th December 2007, 17:00
mail order bride :icon_lol:..

i work with 2 libyans, and one is married, he meet his wife for 2 hours, and then they got married, his brother has known his future wife a bit longer than 2 hours, as its his bother wife's sister, this is twice in a couple of days.. , ill shut up about it :D

oh did anyone what the program on ch4 ? the other night about 4,000 moonies getting married :icon_lol::D:icon_lol:, oh dear... you know people can be so :censored:... they were picked at random who they were going to wed and then told to live apart for 3 yrs before they could comsumate the marriage. a marriage made in heaven, no korea :icon_lol:

andypaul
7th December 2007, 19:12
to get married in six weeks in phill you would either need to go to the brit embassy and apply which takes about a month then officially once you apply for a cvill marriage in phill you have to wait ten days. so you would get married on your last day if you really worked hard to sort it all out.

But you would have to work to apply for the wedding from the moment he landed.

You need sometime together in the flesh, you may as two indivuals get on in conversation but one or the others prescence may just not apeal to the other.

I would seriously suggest at least a weekend together before you try to take on the six week (or thereabouts) wedding holiday.

The time and effort involved plus the stress in the run up and during the six months will be amazing, as you know with any normal wedding its complicated let alone one that needs precise planning such as this.

We want to help but our collective alarm bells are ringing if someone who loves you that much can't meet you for a weekend before marrying you it just doesn't sound right but thats not to say anyones bad.

This forum people prefer to tell it like it is its not meant to offend but to help you as many need the independent advice only realtive strangers on the net can give as they have no hidden agenda like friends and family often do.

andypaul
7th December 2007, 19:26
heres some suggestions of places you could meet other than israel

http://www.expedia.co.uk/destinations/Africa/Morocco/PassportAndVisa.aspx

http://www.expedia.co.uk/destinations/South%20America%20and%20Mexico/Brazil/PassportAndVisa.aspx

not done an exhaustive search but when i last did in 04, before the eu expanded, countries like poland i think allowed phills on tourist visas if i recall correct but no more.

melmart
7th December 2007, 21:20
hi there i think its ok to get married when he meets u but its just not right to get married and u havent even met each other and im not sure what would the immigration think about the situation but just try if that would be possible and one thing is he has propsed already but u havent seen each other yet which is very unusual and shocking so i think when he meets u u have to see if u would really get along with each other and see how it goes and always make sure that he is really serious about being with u for lifetime! good luck!

KeithD
7th December 2007, 22:04
Full Stop....New Paragraph.......and brrrrrreeeeaaattthhhhhh :Hellooo:

ginapeterb
7th December 2007, 22:30
Hey did I miss something, I have not read Kimmi's love story ? why was I not told about it / hmmmm I have to say, I should have been able to read Kimmi's love story, but that just goes to show by not being on this forum and absent doing other things, I missed out on Kimmi's love story, hmmmmm I will have to make do with Kris Aquino and James Yap then.....

Eternal Love....

Marwin08
7th December 2007, 23:25
thank u guys for all the adviced. For sharing with me your precious time in reading this.