PDA

View Full Version : Ielts general training exam, is it still accepted for citizenship application?

Paully
25th September 2015, 18:54
Hi guys! I'm hoping that someone can help me. I'm due to apply my citizenship this october. I want to find out if i have to take the english test again. I toook my english test in Manila with IELTS on 2012, as we all know, it only has a validity of 2 years. I used it for my indefinite leave to remain without a problem. But now that i am applying for citizenship, i am not so sure. i took the general training exam. I understand that they have changed it to IELTS life skills. Please help! I am annoyed!:Brick:

raynaputi
25th September 2015, 19:31
If the score is equivalent to B1 and above, then YES. I applied for my ILR on January this year using my IELTS general training results that I got on 2011 and it was accepted.

Michael Parnham
25th September 2015, 21:18
Yes it is accepted for citizenship even though it's expired!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Paully
25th September 2015, 21:53
If the score is equivalent to B1 and above, then YES. I applied for my ILR on January this year using my IELTS general training results that I got on 2011 and it was accepted.
How do you know if it is at B1 level?

raynaputi
25th September 2015, 22:06

Check it here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/456540/2015-08-26_-_Approved_Secure_English_Language_Tests_and_Test_Centres.pdf

Michael Parnham
26th September 2015, 07:02

General!

Terpe
26th September 2015, 09:00

A passing grade at B1 is required for ILR and British Citizenship.

If it was accepted for ILR it'll be OK for Citizenship.

The IELTS General Training was only graded at a minimum B1 level anything less than the B1 score was deemed a failure.