PDA

View Full Version : Annulment finally received....

Rosflor79
4th October 2015, 14:45
Finally,I received my annulment papers last Friday. Me and my Fiancee are planning to get married here in Philippines in the near future...and now we're looking some advice where to start planning for it.Any advice would be highly appreciated.....Thank you so very much...GOD bless us all....:thankyou:

Terpe
4th October 2015, 16:11
Finally,I received my annulment papers last Friday. Me and my Fiancee are planning to get married here in Philippines in the near future...and now we're looking some advice where to start planning for it.Any advice would be highly appreciated.....Thank you so very much...GOD bless us all....:thankyou:

Glad to learn you got those annulment papers :xxgrinning--00xx3:
Well done for completing that key step

About getting married in Philippines as British Citizen, here's some important information from the British Embassy about Marriage in The Philippines (https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/192485/Marriage_or_CNI_requirements_in_the_Philippines.pdf)

And here is some general information about Getting married abroad (https://www.gov.uk/marriage-abroad)

Generally, with good organisation, and when things go fairly smooth along the way, you should be OK in getting married within a 3-week time frame.

Always check locally for the latest information on the paperwork needed for issue of the Marriage License.

Ideally you should consider having the following:-

Your birth certificate
Your passport
Your British Embassy issued affidavit
Your NSO CENOMAR (if needed)
Your Divorce decree asbsolute (if applicable)

Certificate of 'Pre-Marriage Seminar' (if needed, please check well beforehand)

Her N.S.O. birth certificate (This should be fresh from NSO on latest type of security paper. Check)
Her Passport (or other appropriate ID)
Her Barangay clearance (if needed, please check well beforehand)
Her community tax certificate (often called Cedula)
Her postal I.D. Address
Her cenomar
Her Parents signed advice form (if under 25 years age)
Her Parents I.D.

Apply for the Marriage License in your fiancée's home town at the registry office. (or locality of where marriage will take place)

You just might also be requested to attend the "Pre-Marriage Seminar" counselling sessions prior to being allowed to be married. Check and ask when you apply for the marriage license

After you apply for the license there is a mandatory 10 day waiting period while the marriage bans are published

Just be sure that you have authorised copies of the Marriage Certificate after the wedding or that you request fast-tracking /Expediting for NSO copies. Quite a few folks get into a long waiting time for the marriage certificate needed for a visa application so worth thinking about

Take a look at this thread for information on fastracking the marriage certificate - Advance Endorsement Birth ,Marriage and Death Certificate (http://www.filipinouk.co.uk/forum/shwthread.php/44671-Advance-Endorsement-Birth-Marriage-and-Death-Certificate)

grahamw48
4th October 2015, 16:20
Congratulations on receiving your annulment. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

My young lady and myself found gathering and submitting the documents (as listed above by Terpe) very straightforward...and the (civil) wedding was upon us within a couple of weeks of setting things in motion. :cwm24:

Rosflor79
4th October 2015, 16:31
Thank you so very much Sir for the information you shared...God bless

Rosflor79
4th October 2015, 16:37
Thank you Sir...God bless...

Michael Parnham
4th October 2015, 19:47

Congratulations on your Annulment success, you can now move forward, good luck!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
4th October 2015, 19:47
Congratulations on receiving your annulment. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

My young lady and myself found gathering and submitting the documents (as listed above by Terpe) very straightforward...and the (civil) wedding was upon us within a couple of weeks of setting things in motion. :cwm24:

How nice!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
5th October 2015, 12:45
Congratulations and all the best for the future :smile: