PDA

View Full Version : maiden name used on ielts test

edd
16th October 2015, 06:47
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is well.

I took ielts using my maiden name, and now I am planning to change my status and use my husband's surname, I am just wondering if this would affect my spouse visa application ..

thanks!

Regards,

Pam

cheekee
16th October 2015, 10:15
I would keep your maiden name till after the spouse visa is sorted so everything is in the same name.

Don't introduce confusion.

We are going to sort this out once Sheina is in the UK

Anne2014
16th October 2015, 13:19
Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is well.

I took ielts using my maiden name, and now I am planning to change my status and use my husband's surname, I am just wondering if this would affect my spouse visa application ..

thanks!

Regards,

Pam

Hello edd. You don't have to worry using your maiden name. If you changed your status, you would be presenting your marriage certificate, anyway. :smile:

edd
16th October 2015, 15:49
I would keep your maiden name till after the spouse visa is sorted so everything is in the same name.

Don't introduce confusion.

We are going to sort this out once Sheina is in the UK

thanks phil,heard the good news,congrats...happy for both of you!

robbie bobby
17th October 2015, 22:06
Maiden name-married name it doesn't really matter.
As long as u have a marriage certificate everything will be ok.if u got married in Phils be sure you get about 6 copies of the certificate though as different departments want them and most don't want photo copies

mendoza82
24th November 2015, 01:31
hi guys,im asking this in behalf of my friend,she took eilts before she came here in the uk for her spouse visa,and i believe her band score was 6 but her score for reading was 3.5 is she need to retake the test over here for upcoming flr application?thanks a lot

Arjie
24th November 2015, 07:18
hi guys,im asking this in behalf of my friend,she took eilts before she came here in the uk for her spouse visa,and i believe her band score was 6 but her score for reading was 3.5 is she need to retake the test over here for upcoming flr application?thanks a lot

She don't have to retake the test again because the English Language requirements for FLR(M) are Speaking and Listening only.