PDA

View Full Version : Giving birth in UK

myptrcalln
16th October 2015, 21:30
Hi Goodevening!

This is my firs time post in this forum and I am posting in behalf of my cousin. We are both married to british citizens, but unlike her, I am currently in the UK, she and her husband stays in UAE. Her husband still have UK passport but has been living outside UK for years, and I mean years, we are talking like 30yrs or so. They are trying for a baby at the moment, and If ever they will be bless with one, her husband wanted her to give birth here in UK so the child will be automatically a UK citizen.

What visa can she apply? Am I correct in saying she can't give birth here with Visitors Visa?

Thank you in advance and I hope to hear from you x

marksroomspain
16th October 2015, 23:31
Hi Goodevening!

This is my firs time post in this forum and I am posting in behalf of my cousin. We are both married to british citizens, but unlike her, I am currently in the UK, she and her husband stays in UAE. Her husband still have UK passport but has been living outside UK for years, and I mean years, we are talking like 30yrs or so. They are trying for a baby at the moment, and If ever they will be bless with one, her husband wanted her to give birth here in UK so the child will be automatically a UK citizen.

What visa can she apply? Am I correct in saying she can't give birth here with Visitors Visa?

Thank you in advance and I hope to hear from you x

Hi there and welcome,

Basically the child will be a British Citizen by descent if born in the UAE as the father is a British national the only problem is that if the father was born by descent also then he cannot pass on British citizenship, meaning if the father was in the same situation as the above then it's not allowed.

Regarding visitors visa then yes she can apply to visit the UK but giving birth here would be highly scrutinised by UKVI and likely to failure due to the fact that her reason for visiting was just to give birth also full costs of the birth would be payable as she would not be here on a settled status.

Hope that helps...:smile: