PDA

View Full Version : Borneo Bistro Sunderland.

Tawi2
10th November 2015, 21:51
In sunderland at the moment visiting a mate,he says i know just the place you would like to eat,he takes me to Borneo Bistro on Hylton Road,absolutely fantastic food,south east asian theme,thai,malay,pinoy,the lady owner is from Zamboanga as is the chef,her husband took me into the kitchens to meet them,they get 4.5 out of 5 on tripadvisor and are ranked number 7 out of several hundred restos in sunderland,the pinoy restos in earls court honestly are second rate and arent a patch on Borneo bistro,food was excellent,lots of it,the place was packed,anyone in sunderland or newcastle do yourselves a favour and pop in :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
10th November 2015, 22:30
Passed through Sunderland by rail recently, en route to Newcastle from Hartlepool - where we'd spent a week with my wife's Filipino relatives. It isn't a city I know :nono-1-1: ... even though I've a cousin who lives there.

Interesting, however, to learn of the *bistro that serves south east Asian fare ... since my wife's niece has a daughter who's in her final year as a student at Sunderland's College of Art. Hmm, :icon_rolleyes: ... makes me wonder if she's aware of *it?

grahamw48
11th November 2015, 00:43
I used to work all over Sunderland very regularly once upon a time, but a bit far away from me now.

If I can use my bus pass though... maybe pop in there, or get my sister to take me. She lives in Durham... not far off. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
11th November 2015, 09:03
Sounds nice , next time we are tup north may try to find it :xxgrinning--00xx3: