PDA

View Full Version : 'Auld Perth Bairns'

Arthur Little
11th November 2015, 15:13
........ :yeahthat:s another site I've recently been logging into (the only other site I've joined, I hasten to add!) recently created as an adjunct to facebook (of which I'm already a member) by, I should imagine, someone who's more than likely a "Perthite" born and bred, for those with a similar pedigree, in order to provide them with ample scope for sharing their various reminiscences. :icon_rolleyes:

Whilst actually a Glaswegian by birth, I [latterly] attended school in the Fair City and have lived here all my ADULT life ... therefore I've been accepted by the group :grouphug: with open arms.

stevewool
11th November 2015, 19:18
Is it another site where you just chat away Arthur or will you have the chance of meeting up with others ,
Any site that has you as a member Arthur will be truly blessed ,

Arthur Little
11th November 2015, 22:23
Is it another site where you just chat away Arthur or will you have the chance of meeting up with others

Mmm, a bit of BOTH, Steve ... I (think) the site's participants will ALL be facebook members, with online chat following exactly the same format ... the esssential difference being, each of them has - at least at some point - had Perth connections. :biggrin:

Having lived in this vicinity for over 60 years, I can claim to be on more than a nodding acquaintance with lots of the locals ... though there are still a considerable number whose names and faces I've
yet to recognise. Y'know what it's like! :anerikke:

Any site that has you as a member Arthur will be truly blessed

Aww, Steve ... really nice of you to say so, mate ... :68711_thanx:

Arthur Little
23rd June 2016, 12:30
Gonna try this and see whether it works :pray: ... or not!

Last night, while browsing the above site, I noticed a fellow member had kindly posted a photo of me at a Perth & District Battalion of the [then] Annual Boys' Brigade Summer Camp at Elie ... which is one of the East Neuk of Fife's many delightful seaside resorts.

Dates back to 1966 ... exactly half a century ago.

So, here goes - fingers crossed!! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1090460151010179&set=gm.1068261069925354&type=3&theater

Could be, of course ... :anerikke: ... that you need to have a facebook account to be able to view.

Arthur Little
15th September 2017, 18:57
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1090460151010179&set=gm.1068261069925354&type=3&theater

Could be, of course ... :anerikke: ... that you need to have a facebook account to be able to view.

Likewise ^! Interestingly, as I type, there's an ongoing thread on the merits and/or demerits of the former use of corporal punishment in Scottish schools.

Needless to say, I've been "giving it laldy" :icon_lol: ... with my own thoughts and opinions on this matter. :wink: