PDA

View Full Version : advice pls

sean88
12th November 2015, 15:22
hello everyone

I just wanna clarify something my wife is already approved her first FLR last May 2015 but she's want to go home for Christmas. And my question is, Is she allowed to stay 2-3 months in Philippines? Does anyone know if how long she well be allowed to be out in Uk? any experience? pls share because we don't want to have trouble any way of her visa.

thank you!

Terpe
12th November 2015, 15:58
There's really no restrictions of residence for FLR or ILR applications but there is for naturalisation on a countback basis of 3 years.

She should not have not spent more than 270 days outside the United Kingdom during the total three-year period before naturalisation application and have not spent more than 90 days outside the United Kingdom in the last 12 months of the three year residency period.

So she'll be fine :xxgrinning--00xx3:

sean88
12th November 2015, 17:33
thank you so much Sir Terpe she well be over the moon of that as she's so excited to go home. we'll definitely take note on this.. :smile::xxgrinning--00xx3:

DAnn
23rd November 2015, 23:47
what is FLR and ILR? what is the difference?

Terpe
24th November 2015, 14:34
what is FLR and ILR? what is the difference?

FLR = Further Leave to Remain
Visa where the leave has an expiry date and immigration controls

ILR = Indefinite Leave to Remain
Visa where the leave has no expiry date and only one immigration restriction (cannot stay outside of UK for a continuous period of 2 years)
Often referred to as Settled Status.

DAnn
25th November 2015, 00:11
FLR = Further Leave to Remain
Visa where the leave has an expiry date and immigration controls

ILR = Indefinite Leave to Remain
Visa where the leave has no expiry date and only one immigration restriction (cannot stay outside of UK for a continuous period of 2 years)
Often referred to as Settled Status.

Thank you Terpe

I applied for spouse visa in Manila, I was granted one that is valid for 33 months. This must be an FLR