PDA

View Full Version : Public Urged: Avoid Salty, Fatty Foods This Christmas!

Arthur Little
26th November 2015, 15:19
www.philstar.com/headlines/2015/11/25/1525695/public-urged-avoid-salty-fatty-food-christmas :ReadIt:

Ahh ... but will they? Traditionally, - wherever on Earth "the good things of life" are readily available - the Festive Season, especially, is inevitably a time when people over~indulge in habits that are NOT so good for their health.

Come to think of it ... :anerikke: ... I'm no different!

stevewool
26th November 2015, 18:29
Indeed Arthur avoid fatty foods this Christmas thats why we are going to Florida instead of back to the Philippines:biggrin::biggrin:

grahamw48
26th November 2015, 21:16
I haven't added salt to my food for 2 or 3 years now.

There is too much already hidden in a lot of processed food.

I also keep to a low... or 'healthy' fat diet (because we do need SOME fat).

Sugar too, I eat as little as possible. Again, processed foods already have lots of the stuff.
Maybe that's why I'm still slim and fit. :biggrin:

jonnijon
26th November 2015, 22:44
Im fat and fit :icon_lol::icon_lol: Smoke, drink, :do_it: Only thing is I dont :NEW5: at night :yikes:

Arthur Little
27th November 2015, 01:07
:olddude: ... problem with me is, I'm much too fond of BOTH salt AND sugar for my own good :icon_rolleyes: ... but don't consume a lot of fatty foods, admittedly!

............................................. :yeahthat:'s what ... :anerikke: ... probably helps me stay in reasonably fit shape for my age. :biggrin:

Michael Parnham
27th November 2015, 08:39
Used to have two sugars in my tea but the past ten years cut back to half a teaspoon, never had any added salt for 3 decades but having said that as a child used to have bread and pork dripping every day with loads of salt and even on the remote occasions I was in hospital during the 40's & 50's they always used to give us loads of bread and dripping with a glass of milk for supper:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
27th November 2015, 14:39
... on the remote occasions I was in hospital during the 40's & 50's they always used to give us loads of bread and dripping with a glass of milk for supper :xxgrinning--00xx3:

:smile: Aye, Michael ... changed days. :wink:

jonnijon
27th November 2015, 22:59
Sitting in front of the fire on a winters night making dripping toast :hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

grahamw48
27th November 2015, 23:27
We also walked almost everywhere in those days, and just did more physical work to burn off those calories.... and people did die younger...especially the smokers.

mickcant
28th November 2015, 06:21
Used to have two sugars in my tea but the past ten years cut back to half a teaspoon, never had any added salt for 3 decades but having said that as a child used to have bread and pork dripping every day with loads of salt and even on the remote occasions I was in hospital during the 40's & 50's they always used to give us loads of bread and dripping with a glass of milk for supper:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ah, bread and pork dripping every day with loads of salt, I remember loving it too, and proper salt beef.
Mick.:Rasp:

Michael Parnham
28th November 2015, 12:13
We also walked almost everywhere in those days, and just did more physical work to burn off those calories.... and people did die younger...especially the smokers.

True:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
29th November 2015, 14:36
Just watched a TV programme about the latest research indicating that too skinny may be worse than obese :biggrin:

grahamw48
29th November 2015, 17:59
I'm not skinny ! :olddude:

Terpe
30th November 2015, 05:38
I'm not skinny ! :olddude:

Nor me :wink: