PDA

View Full Version : Meet The Man Behind The Rubik Cube

Arthur Little
16th December 2015, 18:33
Is it a toy? Is it a puzzle?

Hmm ... :anerikke: ... bit of BOTH, actually!

How many of us of "a certain vintage" recall feverishly "pitting our wits" :23_111_9[1]: ... in an all too often :cwm24: forlorn attempt to twist into proper alignment, the gaily coloured squares comprising this unique device? the brainchild of Hungarian Professor Erno Rubik - whose eponymous creation [presumably] *earned [*pun intended] the guy a fortune (though, reportedly, no~one's privvy as to the amount) - more than four decades ago.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35105169

Michael Parnham
16th December 2015, 19:12
Is it a toy? Is it a puzzle?

Hmm ... :anerikke: ... bit of BOTH, actually!

How many of us of "a certain vintage" recall feverishly "pitting our wits" :23_111_9[1]: ... in an all too often :cwm24: forlorn attempt to twist into proper alignment, the gaily coloured squares comprising this unique device, the brainchild of Hungarian Professor Erno Rubik - whose eponymous creation [presumably] *earned [*pun intended] the guy a fortune (though, reportedly, no~one's privvy as to the amount) - more than four decades ago?

www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-35105169

Always wanted to dissect it to find out what held it together, it's like radio how do you hear the radio when there is no visible means of the sound being able to travel????:Erm:

Arthur Little
17th December 2015, 13:34
:smile: C'mon, folks ... I'm sure many of you - like me - have, in your time, grappled with the Rubik cube! :wink:

mickcant
17th December 2015, 16:06
I can honestly say, I have never handled or tried to use/solve one !
They just seemed a waste of time to me :Cuckoo:
Mick. :olddude: