PDA

View Full Version : Employing a Filipino family member as Nanny/domestic help?

Trefor
31st December 2015, 20:54
Hi.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to employ a family member from back in the Philippines as a nanny or domestic help here in the UK? If yes, what type of visa would this be?

I suspect it will involve ensuring the 'employer' is paying NI/a fair wage etc. Maybe even creating a registered limited company specifically for this purpose?

Any experiences or knowledge welcome.

Thank you.

SimonH
1st January 2016, 00:56
I doubt very much you'll be able to do this. If memory serves me correctly you'd have to prove that the job was only capable of being done by your relative and that a British citizen wasn't qualified to fulfil the role.
I'm sure someone who knows the rules will post soon.

cheekee
1st January 2016, 04:13
Maybe get them here on a visit visa and give them "gifts" ?

Terpe
1st January 2016, 07:26
Hi.

Does anyone know whether it is possible to employ a family member from back in the Philippines as a nanny or domestic help here in the UK? If yes, what type of visa would this be?

I suspect it will involve ensuring the 'employer' is paying NI/a fair wage etc. Maybe even creating a registered limited company specifically for this purpose?

Any experiences or knowledge welcome.

Thank you.

Sadly it can't be done.
Not only for the reasons outlined by Simon, but also since you are not a licensed and UKVI approved employer

Trefor
1st January 2016, 13:04
Thanks for the replies, I guessed it might not be possible. Wishful thinking... :smile:

Janedan0913
10th January 2016, 10:39
I don't think you can employ the family member of your mrs who are from the Philippines. I have a work colleague who brought his sister-in-law her to look after their 2y/o son(2009). She was on a student visa at that time so she just had to study 2days a week. But now,he can't afford to pay the £9k/yr for her to study so she went home last 2014.
I hope this will help.