PDA

View Full Version : David Bowie dies.

Michael Parnham
11th January 2016, 10:16
David Bowie dies at the age of 69 after an 18 month battle with Cancer, a great loss to all of us, Loved him, RIP David.

KeithD
11th January 2016, 14:21
Very sad. A musical artist that done it for the pleasure rather than the money. A rare breed these days. Also, not long after Lemmy died from cancer as well. :mad:

imagine
11th January 2016, 22:03
RIP one of the best performers singer and songwriter, a sad loss

Arthur Little
12th January 2016, 00:57
David Bowie dies at the age of 69 after an 18 month battle with Cancer, a great loss to all of us, Loved him, RIP David.

:yikes: ... strange somehow, to think I'd just mentioned a 1969 classic hit of his a few weeks ago:

'Ground Control to Major Tom', except - to tie-in with the context of my thread at the time - I changed the name in the title from 'Tom' to 'Tim'.

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/58562-Flights-Ground-Control-To-Major-TIM!?highlight=Ground+Control

:yeahthat:

Now the composer of the original version has died ... sadly. :bigcry:

Personally, I used to get the impression he was a bit weird. :crazy:

But, :icon_rolleyes: ... after hearing the tributes to his memory on tonight's News, I've kinda changed my mind. Seems he was more of a musical genius.

RIP

grahamw48
12th January 2016, 04:39
So many memories.

One of my top five favourites. RIP David.

Michael Parnham
12th January 2016, 06:17
My all time favourite song of his, 'The man who sold the world':xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
12th January 2016, 15:57
"Back to the Stardust from which you came to us from..... A legend, an alien, an artist now on the ultimate voyage. Your talent will be missed sir, your talent will be missed!"

Arthur Little
14th January 2016, 15:55
Apparently the iconic music legend has been "secretly" cremated ... without ANY of his close relatives or friends in attendance.

www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/david-bowie-been-secretly-cremated-7174860

Hardly that much of a "secret" ... :anerikke: ... when the media got to hear of it!

Arthur Little
14th January 2016, 16:32
Slightly :icon_offtopic:, I've just read that Alan Rickman's also died aged 69 ... succumbing to "the BIG C" too!

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35313604

Starred prominently in the Harry Potter films and 'Die Hard'.

RIP

Michael Parnham
15th January 2016, 10:35
Alan Rickman, never knew his name but a very well known face over many years, yes great actor and so sad that artists that have provided so much pleasure to millions of us over many years have to pass away so young with the dreaded big C. Sad to say but John Hurt has now been diagnosed with Cancer, not good!:NoNo:

Terpe
15th January 2016, 14:19
Slightly :icon_offtopic:, I've just read that Alan Rickman's also died aged 69 ... succumbing to "the BIG C" too!

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35313604

Starred prominently in the Harry Potter films and 'Die Hard'.

Yes, a very talented man on many levels. I always liked him and knew anything that had his involvement would be classy and worth watching.
RIP Alan Rickman

Terpe
15th January 2016, 14:21
Still can't get my head around the fact that David Bowie is no more.
I had many reasons and memories to hold him and his work close.

Ako Si Jamie
19th January 2016, 22:19
R.I.P DB. Glenn Frey from The Eagles has passed away too. R.I.P GF.