PDA

View Full Version : Pagsanjan Falls, Majestic!!!

Raven_Mystique
13th January 2016, 05:28
If by any chance you're going to visit the Philippines, It would be nice to have a glimpse and experience the majestic Pagsanjan Falls, its the number 1 tourist spot in Laguna :)

:Hellooo:

please see this link (not my video ) it was shown on a local tv in the philippines kmjs :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_9Zj818FoY&list=PLIZRjPbo_v4NyBF_fxH1MGb02GMX1BPvd

:Jump::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
13th January 2016, 10:29
I was going to go there on my last visit to the Phils but Zambales was given the nod.

Raven_Mystique
13th January 2016, 10:34
I was going to go there on my last visit to the Phils but Zambales was given the nod.

I've never been to Zambales, but heard it's nice there as well. I suggest you visit next time you're in Phili :)

Ako Si Jamie
13th January 2016, 10:49
I've never been to Zambales, but heard it's nice there as well. I suggest you visit next time you're in Phili :)

I might do - on the way to Bicol which is one place of many still on my bucket list. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Raven_Mystique
13th January 2016, 10:55
I might do - on the way to Bicol which is one place of many still on my bucket list. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wow, my grandma is from Bicol, I think she is from Albay, i think it's where you can actually see the Cagsawa Ruins (the top of the Church, Church which was buried down from the volcanoes lava and ashes dried ) and the the Mayon Volcano (perfect cone shaped volcano, as they said) There are a lot of nice places in the Philippines, even me a local haven't seen yet. lol

fred
13th January 2016, 15:03
Went there a couple of times in 82... Boatmen were scaring the tourists away with their huge rip off scams back then...Hope things have improved.
Very impressive falls though and a nice boat trip to them..Great scenery.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
13th January 2016, 15:06
As I've mentioned before, Just my personal opinion, but I'd suggest that Aliwagwag Falls in Davao Oriental are the most spectacular and most beautiful in all of Philippines.

I've never really felt at ease in Laguna. Maybe just me

Ako Si Jamie
13th January 2016, 23:41
Aside from Pagsanjan the best waterfalls seem to be in Mindanao. Iligan is known as the City of Waterfalls and these two are amongst the best in land from what I've seen in video's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkkpUkeeqec

There's also Asik Asik in North Cotabato and falls near Bislig on the east coast that are worth a mention too.

Ako Si Jamie
13th January 2016, 23:44

I don't think I would knowing there's a Scotsman living there :biggrin::Kilt:

Ako Si Jamie
13th January 2016, 23:47
Wow, my grandma is from Bicol, I think she is from Albay, i think it's where you can actually see the Cagsawa Ruins (the top of the Church, Church which was buried down from the volcanoes lava and ashes dried ) and the the Mayon Volcano (perfect cone shaped volcano, as they said) There are a lot of nice places in the Philippines, even me a local haven't seen yet. lol

The three 'C's too. Caramoan Islands, Calaguas Island and Catanduanes. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
13th January 2016, 23:51
Went there a couple of times in 82... Boatmen were scaring the tourists away with their huge rip off scams back then...Hope things have improved.
Very impressive falls though and a nice boat trip to them..Great scenery.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Apparently, it's still happening. Read on Trip Advisor not so long ago that a tourist was bribed. Either he paid what they wanted or they'd leave him on the bank of the river in the middle of nowhere.

Raven_Mystique
14th January 2016, 00:20

Hi Sir Fred, there are still some boatmen who follows down cars whenever they see one thinking they are tourists loaded vans or cars, and ask if they want to go inside the falls. But the boatride now is centralized, they will only go on a municipality approved hotel to have the boatride and boatmen are not picked, they have numbers now. You can still do the tipping but its illegal now if the boatmen ask for more. You can report them to the municipal hall, but I dont think they will scam you now for they will loose their number and they will loose their job. :)

Raven_Mystique
14th January 2016, 00:22
The three 'C's too. Caramoan Islands, Calaguas Island and Catanduanes. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I would love to go there, Me and my husband we been to Boracay, my husband doesn't like crowded people that much. haha

Raven_Mystique
14th January 2016, 00:24
Apparently, it's still happening. Read on Trip Advisor not so long ago that a tourist was bribed. Either he paid what they wanted or they'd leave him on the bank of the river in the middle of nowhere.

Sad to hear that, we been flagged down couple of times whilst my husband was here, he's been here like 11x on that 3 years of our relationship. And whenever they saw us they will see him and they will say :doh ''oh sorry Sir, it's you. Have a great day!'' Because we live next town, and they know me and him :) and we go Pagsanjan to just eat out on some restaurants. :)

Raven_Mystique
14th January 2016, 00:27

There are few foreigners living here, I saw an old guy named Jack he is on his 60's and sounds so posh whenever he talks, he said he is from london now he living in Pagsanjan, some other foreign guys like Germans, Americans, Japanese and Belgians. They've invited my husband to come and join them on their gatherings, unfortunately my husband is not really into it. lol :laugher:

Ako Si Jamie
14th January 2016, 00:29
I would love to go there, Me and my husband we been to Boracay, my husband doesn't like crowded people that much. haha I've listened to dozens of opinions on Boracay and about half like it and half don't. Personally I like it, although I'm not too keen on Station 2 because I'm not a fan of crowds either.

Ako Si Jamie
14th January 2016, 00:30
There are few foreigners living here, I saw an old guy named Jack he is on his 60's and sounds so posh whenever he talks, he said he is from london now he living in Pagsanjan, some other foreign guys like Germans, Americans, Japanese and Belgians. They've invited my husband to come and join them on their gatherings, unfortunately my husband is not really into it. lol :laugher:

He doesn't like Red Horse huh? :biggrin:

Raven_Mystique
14th January 2016, 00:32
As I've mentioned before, Just my personal opinion, but I'd suggest that Aliwagwag Falls in Davao Oriental are the most spectacular and most beautiful in all of Philippines.

Hi Sir Terpe, Im sorry to hear that you don't feel as ease in the area, well sometimes i do feel the same way as well. In reality, the bad people are becoming more and more, It scares me thinking that tricycle drivers around the area like maybe 90% of them uses illegal drugs, robbers, snatchers, its like for me it's not safe even if you're in your own land. But i still think that, there are other places who suffers more violence and for me it's still ok to live in these small towns in the province than in the city :) I would love to go to Davao :Jump:

Raven_Mystique
14th January 2016, 00:34
He doesn't like Red Horse huh? :biggrin:

Lol, my husband he doesn't drink or smoke. He is a health-conscious person. Even me, I don't :biggrin:

Arthur Little
14th January 2016, 02:21

............................................ :Kilt: ... 'oi! :biggrin:

fred
14th January 2016, 02:36
Hi Sir Fred, there are still some boatmen who follows down cars whenever they see one thinking they are tourists loaded vans or cars, and ask if they want to go inside the falls. But the boatride now is centralized, they will only go on a municipality approved hotel to have the boatride and boatmen are not picked, they have numbers now. You can still do the tipping but its illegal now if the boatmen ask for more. You can report them to the municipal hall, but I dont think they will scam you now for they will loose their number and they will loose their job. :)

Good news..Thank you.

fred
14th January 2016, 02:39

A friend of mine went there whilst visiting me in Manila back then... He got hassled real bad and they wanted 3k..He told them that his money was back in his Manila hotel..One of the boatmen went with him to Manila in his Taxi.. My friend abandoned him on the street outside the hotel!! LoL.

Arthur Little
14th January 2016, 02:44

Hey, Raven, :poke: ... not so much of "the old guy in his 60s",
:olddude: ... I'm 71, y'know! :laugher:

Raven_Mystique
14th January 2016, 07:09
Hey, Raven, :poke: ... not so much of "the old guy in his 60s",
:olddude: ... I'm 71, y'know! :laugher:

lol btw, you look younger than him sir :Jump:

Raven_Mystique
14th January 2016, 07:11
A friend of mine went there whilst visiting me in Manila back then... He got hassled real bad and they wanted 3k..He told them that his money was back in his Manila hotel..One of the boatmen went with him to Manila in his Taxi.. My friend abandoned him on the street outside the hotel!! LoL.

haha, looks like he gets what he deserve then.. to be left out abandoned on the street outside the hotel. :Cuckoo:

Arthur Little
14th January 2016, 17:48
lol btw, you look younger than him sir :Jump:

A~hh :wink: ... that's ^ great, :thankyou:

jake
16th January 2016, 07:40

Speak o the devil!
I'll gie ye a skelpit lug :biggrin:

jake
16th January 2016, 08:08

I had a similar experience in the late 80's and we didn't even make it onto the boat, as they wouldn't give us a set price. Very nearly ended up in fisticuffs and you know what comes next in the Philippines!

A few years later i met the wife and we ended up living 30mins from the Falls. I always swore that i'd never do the boat trip. Anyway, my niece and her boyfriend were over staying with us last November and it was on their bucket list of things to do in the Philippines. Being the best uncle in the whole world, i agreed to go with them and it turned out to be a great day. The boat trip is now organized much better (1,250 per person) and you no longer have to deal with every Tom, Dick and Harry.
The views going up to the Falls are spectacular and the boatmen work hard for their money to get you to the final destination. When you get to the Falls, there is a bamboo raft that takes you underneath. You will get soaked but well worth it :smile:

jake
16th January 2016, 08:09
But the boatride now is centralized, they will only go on a municipality approved hotel to have the boatride and boatmen are not picked, they have numbers now. You can still do the tipping but its illegal now if the boatmen ask for more. You can report them to the municipal hall, but I dont think they will scam you now for they will loose their number and they will loose their job. :)

I agree :xxgrinning--00xx3:

jake
16th January 2016, 08:20

Which cities or towns?
Personally, i regard certain towns in Laguna to be part of the Manila overspill. Santa Rosa, Binan, Cabuyao. A large percentage of the population tends to be from the Visayas or Bicol. I go to Binan at least once a week to buy materials and i cant wait to get home to the fresh air in the mountains of Laguna :smile:

fred
16th January 2016, 08:33
I had a similar experience in the late 80's and we didn't even make it onto the boat, as they wouldn't give us a set price. Very nearly ended up in fisticuffs and you know what comes next in the Philippines!

A few years later i met the wife and we ended up living 30mins from the Falls. I always swore that i'd never do the boat trip. Anyway, my niece and her boyfriend were over staying with us last November and it was on their bucket list of things to do in the Philippines. Being the best uncle in the whole world, i agreed to go with them and it turned out to be a great day. The boat trip is now organized much better (1,250 per person) and you no longer have to deal with every Tom, Dick and Harry.
The views going up to the Falls are spectacular and the boatmen work hard for their money to get you to the final destination. When you get to the Falls, there is a bamboo raft that takes you underneath. You will get soaked but well worth it :smile:

Yes..I went under the falls on my very first trip with my Father.. Damn...That water was fast and heavy!
Agree..The trip there on the boat was amazing.

jake
16th January 2016, 08:33
Because we live next town, and they know me and him :) and we go Pagsanjan to just eat out on some restaurants. :)

Are you from Lumban, Cavinti , Magdalena or Santa Cruz?
I go to the gym :xxsport-smiley-002: (AX Fitness) 3 times a week in Pagsanjan. Problem is all the exercise make me hungry and thirsty, so i have to stop at my mates on the way home for a :Beer: and with any luck some of his wife's pancit :hubbahubba:

Raven_Mystique
16th January 2016, 09:59
Are you from Lumban, Cavinti , Magdalena or Santa Cruz?
I go to the gym :xxsport-smiley-002: (AX Fitness) 3 times a week in Pagsanjan. Problem is all the exercise make me hungry and thirsty, so i have to stop at my mates on the way home for a :Beer: and with any luck some of his wife's pancit :hubbahubba:

Hi Jake, yeah i live in sta cruz laguna. when my husband is here we also go to the AX Fitness :) try Calle Arco Restaurant , superb! try their sinigang na baka with langka ( beef with young jackfruit on tamarind soup)

Raven_Mystique
16th January 2016, 10:05

been there 3x! majestic and spectacular views on the way to the falls, right! :iagree:
yes, it's better now because its centralized, means you don't have to talk to all the boatmen to get the real and right price. lol. :smile: i love the body massage under the water falls, where we lay on the bamboo raft. it hurts a bit but soothes afterwards :) thumbs up! :yeahthat:

Raven_Mystique
16th January 2016, 10:15
Yes..I went under the falls on my very first trip with my Father.. Damn...That water was fast and heavy!
Agree..The trip there on the boat was amazing.

:xxgrinning--00xx3: