PDA

View Full Version : At vfs manila

Raven_Mystique
20th January 2016, 14:39
I just finished with my bio-metrics and documents submission... Now, it really makes me worried... the lady who checked the original documents I've submitted said that It is her first time on that sort of visa application, she handles settlement but not on the British Army wife thing, so she said she doesn't know if the additional paper-based handwritten VAF-AF and financial requirement form is the right one. I just followed what the AFF e-mailed me to do- here it goes

IMPORTANT! You cannot enter the UK on a visit visa if you are planning to settle as you will not be able to switch onto a dependants visa once in the UK.

IMPORTANT! You must travel to the UK within 30 days of the date you indicated on the application form as the intended date of travel. If you do not your visa will be cancelled.

All applicants need to apply for settlement using the online form. Guidance on how to apply can be found here.
To apply for a visa click here, click on ‘Apply’ or go to the Visa Application Centre website for the country you are applying from.
As there is no specific drop down option for Armed Forces on the online form you must choose the following:
Visa Type: Settlement
Visa Sub Type: Husband/Wife/Child/Marriage (if coming to the UK to marry a soldier) etc
You will also have to complete 2 paper-based application forms (VAF-AF and Appendix 2 Financial Requirement Form) which can be found here

If you are applying to join your husband in the UK for the first time you should tick that you are applying under ‘Appendix Armed Forces’. You should tick the box underneath for ‘Limited leave’
Applicants from some countries will also be required to take a TB test prior as part of the application process. Further information can be found at this link.
The visa application costs can be found on the 'Forms & Prices' page (every child regardless of age also has to make an application and pay the same amount).
You will need to make an online appointment to attend your nearest Visa Application Centre; you will need to ensure you take:
- the printed out application form which you completed online
- the appendix Armed Forces and the VAF(AF) application forms
- evidence that you paid your fee online
- a colour photo
- all supporting documents*

:Axe::confused: I told my husband about this, my husband told me, i dont need to worry because the VFS lady doesn't know what the ECO understands regarding the visa application. Now I'm nervous. Am I doing the right thing? Did i submit the right form? A lot of questions now and I feel really bad today. Hopefully, the ECO surely consider, either the application for settlement or the ones with the VAF form attached on my online application. :Axe::confused::pray::Hammer: