PDA

View Full Version : moving to the Phils

stevewool
11th February 2016, 08:02
As a tourist i can go to the Phils on a visa for so long and thats fine but what happens when you are thinking its the place for me to stay forever,
I have been told i can stay for 1 year because i am married and i think 1 year there will make your mind up weather its the right place or not,
So what happens after that first year, can you keep applying for the 1 year thing, or is there more to it,

fred
11th February 2016, 09:31
When you arrive you will get the Balikbayan 1 year visa free stamp as usual..After that year you can start your tourist visa`s for up to a total of 3 years without leaving..Then go to HK or wherever you fancy with the Mrs and start the same process all over again..

Michael Parnham
11th February 2016, 10:15
When you arrive you will get the Balikbayan 1 year visa free stamp as usual..After that year you can start your tourist visa`s for up to a total of 3 years without leaving..Then go to HK or wherever you fancy with the Mrs and start the same process all over again..

Also the cheapest way:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
11th February 2016, 15:06
Also the cheapest way:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Not :NoNo:

Michael Parnham
11th February 2016, 19:05
Not :NoNo:

I would have thought it was the cheapest if you holiday out the country every year, am I right? Because that's what I planned to do if I return:Erm:

jonnijon
11th February 2016, 23:02
Apply for your 13a visa, cost 310 peso per year.

fred
12th February 2016, 04:48
I agree that the 13a visa works out by far the cheapest option long term but if Steve wants to just road test his new life here then perhaps the BB route would be best at first..

jake
12th February 2016, 05:51
Another option is the SRRV visa. Wouldn't apply to Steve but its handy for those who are not married.

http://www.pra.gov.ph/main/srrv_program?page=1

jake
12th February 2016, 05:53
I would have thought it was the cheapest if you holiday out the country every year, am I right? Because that's what I planned to do if I return:Erm:

What would you then do, if at some point in your life you can no longer travel? Bit like the guys who think they will just jump on a plane and head home to there native country when sick.

Terpe
12th February 2016, 08:14
I agree that the 13a visa works out by far the cheapest option long term but if Steve wants to just road test his new life here then perhaps the BB route would be best at first..

To be honest I'm not up-to-date on the 13a documents, but when I applied I needed to be careful that my documentations were less than 6 months old. Especially the Police Clearance.
I guess, if as in Steve's case, he has family still living at his UK address then all those needed docs could be secured at any time and then just DHL'd over to Phils.
I didn't need to make personal appearance for any of them.

Us Brits are still lucky in that we can still do all this 'remotely'.
I seemed to remember some folks (maybe Australian or Canadian) need to return home to get their docs.

Michael Parnham
12th February 2016, 08:32
What would you then do, if at some point in your life you can no longer travel? Bit like the guys who think they will just jump on a plane and head home to there native country when sick.

I'm sure if I was too sick to travel I wouldn't last another year also in my case no point in coming back to UK, no address!:anerikke:

fred
12th February 2016, 14:00
To be honest I'm not up-to-date on the 13a documents, but when I applied I needed to be careful that my documentations were less than 6 months old. Especially the Police Clearance.
I guess, if as in Steve's case, he has family still living at his UK address then all those needed docs could be secured at any time and then just DHL'd over to Phils.

I seemed to remember some folks (maybe Australian or Canadian) need to return home to get their docs.

Perhaps..I did the whole application thing in the UK and its a once only deal..Permanent visa.
13.B is another option although it is a quota visa...I believe Quota refers to nationality.

stevewool
12th February 2016, 14:45
Thanks all ,it makes sense the free year one first then wait and see,
Maybe in that year Jake ,Fred and Peter will be fed up of me and begging me to go back to England by then

grahamw48
12th February 2016, 16:38

What's with the 'police clearance' Peter ?

Would a standard CRB check certificate satisfy the Phils people ?

Terpe
13th February 2016, 14:20
What's with the 'police clearance' Peter ?

Would a standard CRB check certificate satisfy the Phils people ?

When I made my application the Philippines BI would only accept the ACRO Police Certificate.

There's no CRB now it's replaced with DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) which is specifically organised for employment purposes.

grahamw48
13th February 2016, 15:00
Aah... ok, thanks for that. :xxgrinning--00xx3: