PDA

View Full Version : Gravitational Waves From Black Holes Identified

Arthur Little
12th February 2016, 02:26
Amazingly, scientists have detected tiny, rhythmic distortions in space and time ... based on Albert Einstein's 'Th[B]eory of Relativity' 100 years' ago! :cwm24:

www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21692851-gravitational-waves-at-LIGO-century-after-Einstein-predicted-them - 'fraid you'll need to :ReadIt: for yourselves. Way too scientific for me to expand on anything I've typed already!

Michael Parnham
12th February 2016, 08:37
Amazingly, scientists have detected tiny, rhythmic distortions in space and time ... based on Albert Einstein's 'Th[B]eory of Relativity' 100 years' ago! :cwm24
www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21692851-gravitational-waves-at-LIGO-century-after-Einstein-predicted-them - 'fraid you'll need to :ReadIt: for yourselves. Way too scientific for me to expand on anything I've typed already!

I think it will enable the possibility of Warp Speed in the event of future Space Travel:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
12th February 2016, 08:46
This is one of the biggest discoveries man has ever made (apart from how to race horses and the invention of the football!).

However, as usual with these things, it will now lead to more questions than it has answered.

The LHC seems to have discovered another particle, but how it fits into the grand scheme of things, we do not know.

Michael Parnham
12th February 2016, 09:06
This is one of the biggest discoveries man has ever made (apart from how to race horses and the invention of the football!).

However, as usual with these things, it will now lead to more questions than it has answered.

The LHC seems to have discovered another particle, but how it fits into the grand scheme of things, we do not know.

Gripping stuff Keith:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
12th February 2016, 21:26
Gripping stuff Keith :xxgrinning--00xx3:

.............. :iagree: ... certainly brings you back down to Earth ... :anerikke: ... even if it is out of this world! :icon_lol:

jonnijon
12th February 2016, 22:49
The power of the human brain.:xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
12th February 2016, 23:25
.............. :iagree: ... certainly brings you back down to Earth ... :anerikke: ... even if *it is out of this world! :icon_lol:

The power of the human brain. :xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3::xxgrinning--00xx3:

:smile: Whose? :cwm25: ... *mine or Einstein's brain? .......................................... :yeahthat: