PDA

View Full Version : Sub Titles useless tip 46464646

andypaul
14th December 2007, 01:56
The wife is just watching a film, fantatsic four and as normal she puts up the Sub titles on the DVD.

Useful for Phills wishing to learn/improve their English and for those already in England as most TV even the BBC news has Subtitles (on digtal tvs just press the button on the remote and analogue tv's its 888 i think)
The wife finds it useful as it stops her asking what did he/she say then we both miss the next part of the programe. This is great when people with strong accents are interviewed on news tv for example.

Nothing groundbreaking but i know the Wife finds it dead handy and as I say many DVDS seem to have the function which maybe helpful for those waiting to come over if you get some Brit DVDs to help understand the differences between Yankie and Brit English

Useless plain as your nose tip over and out

KeithD
14th December 2007, 10:31
I have to put subtitles on when watching Geordie's :)

LadyJ
14th December 2007, 10:34
I agree with your Andy!

When me and my hubby are watching films, we sometimes use the subtitle on. It's useful and can really improve the English language and spellings.
But sometimes my hubby doesn't want to use subtitle If we watch really good films like Pirates of the Caribean etc.

But I hate pirated dvds that came from asia specially from China, their english subtitles are really worst:NoNo:

KeithD
14th December 2007, 10:57
.... If we watch really good films like Pirates of the Caribean etc.

I could have sworn you said 'good' then for that movie...you spell it C R A P :D

LadyJ
14th December 2007, 11:16
I could have sworn you said 'good' then for that movie...you spell it C R A P :D

and only people think crap for those whos got dirty mind:D

andypaul
14th December 2007, 13:24
I have to put subtitles on when watching Geordie's :)

Do you have welsh or english subtitles:Erm:

Manilana
14th December 2007, 14:01
I love watching British DVD`s with subtitles, such as The Pride and the Prejudice, The Keeping Up Appearance, The little Britain, The Bridget Jones Diary, Notting Hill, The Darling Buds of May and a lot more. I think it is a big help.

andypaul
14th December 2007, 14:06
Phills love little Britain in my experience maybe we should suggest they do a little britan pinoy version after they done their us version for hbo:Erm:

This is what my wife did and watched other british films/programes good and bad it doesn't matter but helps with the different sayings, accents it is also worth watching the BBC news and one channel i think star has sky news on from the Uk for a short period, although the day I watched it every story was a murder or something bad:NoNo:

Manilana
14th December 2007, 14:10
Phills love little Britain in my experience maybe we should suggest they do a little britan pinoy version after they done their us version for hbo:Erm:

Yes, I want that one.. yes that one . Yeah but no but NO. Or if you ask me on Monday , I`d say yes. If you ask me on Tuesday I`d say yes. If you ask me on Wednesday I`d say yes.:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

andypaul
14th December 2007, 14:12
Yes, I want that one.. yes that one . Yeah but no but NO. Or if you ask me on Monday , I`d say yes. If you ask me on Tuesday I`d say yes. If you ask me on Wednesday I`d say yes.:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

fred
14th December 2007, 17:04
My Mrs always gets piswed off when I keep asking "what did he say"?
And thats just when watching WowWowWee!!
The Tagalog CD`s here dont have subtitles..and they reckon I spoil the film??
What she say?Who`s that? Her lover or husband?? Who`s the mistress again??
She gets English/American films now..
Works a treat.

andypaul
14th December 2007, 18:48
My Mrs always gets piswed off when I keep asking "what did he say"?
And thats just when watching WowWowWee!!
The Tagalog CD`s here dont have subtitles..and they reckon I spoil the film??
What she say?Who`s that? Her lover or husband?? Who`s the mistress again??
She gets English/American films now..
Works a treat.

Just hope the wife doesn't try this in reverse:omg: