PDA

View Full Version : Older Than Ireland!

Arthur Little
28th March 2016, 20:01
Today ... marks the centenary of the infamous 'Easter Risings' ... the notorious events that began on Easter Monday, 1916 and led [ultimately] to the creation
of Eire/the Irish Free State/Republic of Ireland.

Here is the official trailer for a documentary film (released last Autumn) telling
the story of life on the "Emerald Isle", as seen through the venerable eyes of 30 :irish: centenarians ... men :olddude: and women, :oldlady: alike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjSBDE2dKm8

Michael Parnham
29th March 2016, 07:32
To be honest Arthur, until this past week I have never heard of 'Easter Risings' I was always aware of trouble between Protestants and Catholics in Ireland during my lifetime and the name 'Jerry Adams' was always at the forefront on the news but never did understand what it was all about. My experience of Ireland was when I used to deliver bricks from Peterborough to building sites all over the UK and the guys who used to help me stack 11000 bricks on site were always Irish, great guys and really good workers and they almost always made me a huge steak sandwich piping hot washed down with a giant mug of tea during winter months. Nice memories:xxgrinning--00xx3: