PDA

View Full Version : Renewal Passport to Married Name

tinzky19
16th April 2016, 13:42
Hello all,

I understand we already have a sticky note for passport renewals but I just want to pick your brains please. :)

I would like to renew my passport with my married name on it; therefore as per Filipino way, it will be my FIRST NAME, MY MAIDEN LAST NAME (FATHER'S LAST NAME), HUSBAND' LAST NAME.

Since I got here 1 1/2 years ago, I have been using my married name on Mortgage Deed, driving license, etc. And as per British way, they have my name as FIRST NAME, MAIDEN MIDDLE NAME (MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME), HUSBAND'S LAST NAME. My questions are:

1. Can I not renew passport as how I have my married name here in the UK?
2. If I can't renew with my MAIDEN LAST NAME as my MIDDLE NAME, how do I go about changing my names on mortgage deed etc. Do I need to do a Change of Name by Deed Poll here in the UK?

I look forward to hearing from you all. Many thanks!

Terpe
20th April 2016, 14:36
Regardless of any personal preferences, at the end of the day your Filipina passport must be in exactly the same name as that which will appeas on you British Naturalisation Certificate and subsequent British Passport application.

melovesengland
20th April 2016, 15:44
your renewed paspsort should always match your brp so bear that in mind. it would be a big great help for your future applications if your name in every document are identical to eachother.

fred
21st April 2016, 04:37
Like others have said,make sure they (R.P passport and Brit PP) match exactly in your application..
If they dont match there will definitely be issues..
We got refused renewals by HMPO earlier this year because their names in Fil passports were different than the old UK PP`s.

At the end of this thread I mention how our situation was eventually resolved during that worrying time..

http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/58776-Passport-renewal-hassles/page2?highlight=

malchard888
21st April 2016, 12:51
Hello all,

I understand we already have a sticky note for passport renewals but I just want to pick your brains please. :)

I would like to renew my passport with my married name on it; therefore as per Filipino way, it will be my FIRST NAME, MY MAIDEN LAST NAME (FATHER'S LAST NAME), HUSBAND' LAST NAME.

Since I got here 1 1/2 years ago, I have been using my married name on Mortgage Deed, driving license, etc. And as per British way, they have my name as FIRST NAME, MAIDEN MIDDLE NAME (MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME), HUSBAND'S LAST NAME. My questions are:

1. Can I not renew passport as how I have my married name here in the UK?
2. If I can't renew with my MAIDEN LAST NAME as my MIDDLE NAME, how do I go about changing my names on mortgage deed etc. Do I need to do a Change of Name by Deed Poll here in the UK?

I look forward to hearing from you all. Many thanks!

Despite what others have stated here and of course they are correct, my wife was in the same situation as you in as much as her Filipina passport did not match her naturalisation certificate regarding her middle name, however after explaining the situation and reason to the UK passport office, they have issued her with a passport as per her naturalisation certificate, so yes it can be done.