PDA

View Full Version : ESOL or IELTS? Help needed please

aug06_2006
21st April 2016, 19:40
hi guys, how are you doing this time?:smile:. i'll be applying for my british citizenship soon. a few days ago my hubby phoned the manchester trinity college to book my esol b1 test, and the guy asked him if i could speak english because they wanted me to speak to them too for partial assestment but unfortunately i was at work that time. how strict they are eh! anyway, i got confused now cause one of my work colleague told me to take ielts test not esol...which of these test is right? help is needed please! thanks.

Michael Parnham
21st April 2016, 22:27
Ielts is the more appropriate one I believe:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Terpe
22nd April 2016, 07:39
hi guys, how are you doing this time?:smile:. i'll be applying for my british citizenship soon. a few days ago my hubby phoned the manchester trinity college to book my esol b1 test, and the guy asked him if i could speak english because they wanted me to speak to them too for partial assestment but unfortunately i was at work that time. how strict they are eh! anyway, i got confused now cause one of my work colleague told me to take ielts test not esol...which of these test is right? help is needed please! thanks.

Do you already have a B1 level test pass ?

For citizenship you can use an expired B1 level qualification provided it was accepted at ILR stage.

Look here at 'Prove your knowledge of English for citizenship and settling' :-
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/approved-english-language-qualifications

If you don't have B1 level pass certificate you'll need to take one of those on the UKVI approved list here:-
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/513561/Approved_Secure_English_Language_Tests_and_Test_Centres_-_1_April_2016.pdf

Good luck you've almost completed your immigration journey

aug06_2006
22nd April 2016, 11:44
thank you michael @ sir terpe, i haven't take any b1 test yet but i already got life in uk certificate back 2009. thanks for help!

Michael Parnham
22nd April 2016, 13:42
thank you michael @ sir terpe, i haven't take any b1 test yet but i already got life in uk certificate back 2009. thanks for help!

Please keep us posted on your progress, good luck!:xxgrinning--00xx3:

melovesengland
27th April 2016, 09:26

if your ielts certificate proves that u have obtained a b1 classification then u dont have to take a new test. link provided by sir terpe will help you more. life in the uk there is no expiration on that but they will keep your life in the uk certificate once they have approved your citizenship application.

melovesengland
27th April 2016, 09:27

if your ielts certificate proves that u have obtained a b1 classification then u dont have to take a new test. link provided by sir terpe will help you more. life in the uk there is no expiration on that but they will keep your life in the uk certificate once they have approved your citizenship application.

aug06_2006
7th May 2016, 16:41

thank you.

aug06_2006
10th June 2016, 18:54
i took my gese grade5 exam at trinity college manshester and now i got my certificate:veryhappy:. well done to me lol