PDA

View Full Version : Getting from A to B

stevewool
24th April 2016, 09:36
Most of us may have a good idea where we are are and where we may be going and getting there with out a sat nav too, yes they do help if you are going a little further then you usually do,
But Emma has no idea where we are going once we are out of Derby, dont getr me wrong she can jump on a bus and gets about anywhere where we live ,
There has been many times when driving somewhere she will say do we pass so and so to get where we are going, no Ems thats south and we are going North, and many times while on the phone asking how long before we get to someones house she may also say where are we, i will say just passing Blackpool on the way to Northampton, so really she has no idea where we are at all , i try to say look at a map when we are driving but the heavy eyebrows seems to take over,
Does your partner know where they are going or is it down to you to get them there safe while they just take selfies of themselves :biggrin:

On the other hand Emma in the Philippines she can get me to anywhere by any sort of transport and it could be miles and miles away too, thats something i could not do, i cannot even see the sign where the jeepney is going too

SimonH
24th April 2016, 09:59
Shey is the same, I know my way round the Philippines better than she does, if she asks how far somewhere is then she means time rather than distance as she has no concept of miles or kilometres.
The other day she said that a friend had invited us over to stay in France for a week in the summer, where in France ask as we could drive, she didn't know but she said she'll ask the next day. Following day..... where in France, did you find out? Oh yes, Venice :icon_lol:

Steve.r
24th April 2016, 10:02
From my experience you might as well burn a map rather than give it to a Filipino. Charie is the same as Ems Steve. Plus, folding the map back again.... forget it!!! :crazy::doh :icon_lol:

Terpe
24th April 2016, 11:02
:laugher::laugher::laugher:

Same here folks....

Longweekend
24th April 2016, 12:20
And another agreement....:Erm:

stevewool
24th April 2016, 16:42
Wow and here is me thinking i was alone , :biggrin:

sars_notd_virus
24th April 2016, 16:48
Hahahha are you trying to say that we WOMEN doesn't have any sense of direction??:Erm::Rasp:

stevewool
24th April 2016, 17:07
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Not all women just a few, :biggrin:

MalFogg
27th May 2016, 10:09
Has anyone noticed how many women hold maps? If you are travelling south, they will often (not always) the the map around so that south is at the top, they then complain about the writing being 'Upside down'!
It is just the same with a chart of the sea, they cannot seem to follow a map when they are going from top to bottom, they have to go up the page!
Is it just me or what?

Tawi2
27th May 2016, 13:28
From my experience you might as well burn a map rather than give it to a Filipino. Charie is the same as Ems Steve. Plus, folding the map back again.... forget it!!! :crazy::doh :icon_lol:
They all used to know where american was on the map though :biggrin: