PDA

View Full Version : Redundancy>Urgent Advise ..FLR(M)

songz777
27th May 2016, 17:14
Hi guys. I urgently need advise.
There is serious risk of me losing my job. I will thus have to apply for FLR(M) under Category B salaried employment for less than 6 months.

I have studied this section many times and am still confused. From what I read:
1. I must be employed when my wife applies.
2. Produce pay slips for last 12 months.
3. My BIG QUESTION is can I use my CASH savings over the last 3 years with Category B1 as in B2 you cannot use cash savings.
Basically are cash savings in B1 from what I have saved in the last 12 months or what I have saved up in the next 2-3 months?

Here is the relevant section: QUOTE"5.3. Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – person residing in the UK

5.3.1. This category can be used where the applicant’s partner (and/or the applicant if they are in the UK with permission to work) is in salaried or non-salaried employment at the date of application, but has not been with the same employer and/or not earning the income level relied upon in the application for at least 6 months prior to the date of application. It can therefore be used by those who have been with their current employer for less than 6 months, or who have been with their current employer for at least 6 months but earning a variable income and wish to be considered in this category rather than under Category A.

5.3.10. So, under Category B, the assessment of the financial requirement is based on:

(1) The gross annual salary or income from salaried or non-salaried employment at the date of application. This source can be combined with Category C: non-employment income, Category D: cash savings and Category E: pension; and
(2) The actual amount of gross income received from any salaried or non-salaried employment in the 12 months prior to the application. This can be combined with the actual gross income received from Category C: non-employment income and Category E: pension over the same 12-month period. Category D: cash savings cannot be used under (2).
"
Here is the graph about categories.

many thanks John

stevewool
27th May 2016, 19:41
Sorry John i dont have the knowledge to help you on this at all, is there any chance of a new job straight after being made redundant

Steve.r
27th May 2016, 20:29
Being made redundant sucks, been there done that. I wish you luck finding more work as soon as you can. I hope Peter can spread more light on your questions.

songz777
28th May 2016, 18:19
Thank you guys for your support:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
28th May 2016, 18:31
Probably a daft question, but can't you apply for FLR(M) now :Erm:

Arthur Little
28th May 2016, 18:53
Probably a daft question, but can't you apply for FLR(M) now :Erm:

I have ANOTHER (maybe NOT so "daft") question :cwm24: ...

... could you, perhaps offer John a job with your business, Simon? :cwm25:

SimonH
28th May 2016, 18:58
I have ANOTHER (maybe NOT so "daft") question :cwm24: ...

... could you, perhaps offer John a job with your business, Simon? :cwm25:

Yep, you're right Arthur. It is a daft question :icon_lol:

John hasn't been made redundant yet for starters, and I really don't think he'd like the commute from Devon to Reading that much :Rasp:

Arthur Little
28th May 2016, 19:11
Yep, you're right Arthur. It is a daft question :icon_lol:

John hasn't been made redundant yet for starters, and I really don't think he'd like the commute from Devon to Reading that much :Rasp:

:yeahthat:'s since occurred to me ... :anerikke: ... it'd just been a "spur of the moment" thought on my part, without first checking your respective locations.

Y'"know" me, :icon_rolleyes: ... as always, keen to help!

songz777
28th May 2016, 20:46
Hey guys now worries :) I cant apply for FLR just yet as 30 months is August 5th. Yes Reading just a little to far lol.

marksroomspain
29th May 2016, 00:11
If the worst comes to the worst John and you are made redundant then all is not lost as your wife can apply under the 10 year rule without proving minimum income levels.

That might be not what your plans are but it's the worst case scenario.

Also as you both have a child who is a British Citizen then everything is in your favour as right to a private and family life...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
29th May 2016, 00:35
If the worst comes to the worst John and you are made redundant then all is not lost as your wife can apply under the 10 year rule without proving minimum income levels.

That might be not what your plans are but it's the worst case scenario.

:cwm25: ... can she? ... never knew that. :NoNo:

Also as you both have a child who is a British Citizen then everything is in your favour as right to a private and family life...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ah right, Mark ... :gp:!

marksroomspain
29th May 2016, 23:15
Thanks for the rep Arthur was once myself in a dilemma over this immigration nonsense but learnt the rules...:biggrin: but hopefully John won't have a problem....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
30th May 2016, 00:01
Thanks for the rep Arthur was once myself in a dilemma over this immigration nonsense but learnt the rules...:biggrin: but hopefully John won't have a problem....:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Pleasure, Mark! :xxgrinning--00xx3: I used to "know the ropes" :8_1_215: ... and was delighted to advise others, based on my own personal experience.

But Myrna came here away back in March 2009 ... and, :icon_rolleyes: the procedure has, of course, steadily become ever~more complicated over the [almost] 71/4 years since.

songz777
31st May 2016, 18:11
I have looked at the 10 year option and as you say, it means several applications again & also it does not 100% guarantee your application will be successful although I am sure with a British son 1.9 years old & with a healthy bank balance she may be granted more favour.

marksroomspain
1st June 2016, 00:10
I have looked at the 10 year option and as you say, it means several applications again & also it does not 100% guarantee your application will be successful although I am sure with a British son 1.9 years old & with a healthy bank balance she may be granted more favour.

John yes you are correct regarding showing that you can maintain yourselves and a healthy bank balance goes a long way to proving that.

With regards to any worries you may have I assure you 100% that there is not a judge in this land that would separate a child from it's mother and a British citizen cannot be deported, I think you know where I am coming from eh buddy alls fine...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

songz777
1st June 2016, 18:18
John yes you are correct regarding showing that you can maintain yourselves and a healthy bank balance goes a long way to proving that.

With regards to any worries you may have I assure you 100% that there is not a judge in this land that would separate a child from it's mother and a British citizen cannot be deported, I think you know where I am coming from eh buddy alls fine...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you for your encouragement :xxgrinning--00xx3: