PDA

View Full Version : English Plug to Philippine Plug

MaEzKe
16th December 2007, 22:56
I bought this MP3 micro system for my dad in Philippines but I found out today as soon as I came from Argos that the lead is permanent. It can't be used in philippines bec of it's 3 pin plug. Apparently couldn't return it unless faulty. Is there any converter/ adapter from this three pin plug to Philippine plug? Where can I buy it? I know other european plugs can be used in Philippines.

Thanks,
milou

aromulus
17th December 2007, 00:02
I bought this MP3 micro system for my dad in Philippines but I found out today as soon as I came from Argos that the lead is permanent. It can't be used in philippines bec of it's 3 pin plug. Apparently couldn't return it unless faulty. Is there any converter/ adapter from this three pin plug to Philippine plug? Where can I buy it? I know other european plugs can be used in Philippines.

Thanks,
milou

Try travel adapters, from any electrical stores, or even argos.
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500000701&langId=-1&searchTerms=travel+adapter

joebloggs
17th December 2007, 00:04
oh you can buy the adaptor in the phils in most malls, or buy one off ebay, be cheaper if he bought one in the phils thou, around 100php or cheaper :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Alan
17th December 2007, 00:07
I buy mine at Ace Hardware - 45 pesos.

Al.:)

Manilana
17th December 2007, 00:14
Converter/ adapters are available in any local hardware here, cost less than a hundred pesos depending on the quality and brands. I have MP3 as well from UK and I can use it here, so do not worry.

fred
18th December 2007, 01:56
You can buy heavy duty extension leads anywhere here that a Brit standard plug as well as a Filipino plug fits into..
You can also buy these extension leads with surge protectors.
Just bring spare plug fuses.

KeithD
18th December 2007, 10:23
Do they have electric in the Phil?

fred
18th December 2007, 11:35

Yes and its bloody expensive.:cwm34:

joebloggs
18th December 2007, 11:45

do they have electric in Wales :Erm:, or you using wind power :action-smiley-081:

:D

fred
18th December 2007, 11:54
do they have electric in Wales :Erm:, or you using wind power :action-smiley-081:

They have these huge wheels filled with sheep..:18::18::18::18:
The wheel is attached to a massive dynamo..
Enter the honorary Welshman scouser.
Watch the sparks fly.

KeithD
18th December 2007, 13:05

Wind power matey......it all comes from the direction of Mancland :xxgrinning--00xx3: ....and plenty of it is HOT!!!

andypaul
18th December 2007, 20:10
You can buy heavy duty extension leads anywhere here that a Brit standard plug as well as a Filipino plug fits into..
You can also buy these extension leads with surge protectors.
Just bring spare plug fuses.

Good post very true about british type fuses and we have used those multi plug extension leads real handy as the Wife and her family have a whole load of different plugs on various devices.

Surge protection is vital out in phill and always important to if there is a power cut to ensure the device is disconnected incase the power when it returns damages the device.

More electrical/electronic equipment in the uk is buggered up by dodgy power, than anything apart from dumb users:CompBuster: from my limited experience the problem is even worse in Phill from family and friends experiences with leccy equipment.

MaEzKe
1st January 2008, 18:23
Thanks for answers guys. I finally found one here. Just never seen one in Philippines. I have look around when I get to philppines and bring all my electricals back home hehe.

Happy New Year!

22pilgrim
3rd May 2008, 21:53
B&Q special offer - are selling UK to foreign adaptors for 25 pence each. Has anyone any idea whether the Philippine plugs are two pin round or two flat pins? Thanks Nigel

Piamed
3rd May 2008, 21:58
Two flat ones mainly although I have seen some that will also accept the 2 round pins.

Toks

22pilgrim
3rd May 2008, 21:59
Many Thanks ! Chers, Nigel

Ann07
3rd May 2008, 22:12
two flat ones ...

nethlewy
4th May 2008, 08:57

Thanks,
milou

I am no electrician but what is the electrical current that is used in the Philippines? If the music system will operate on the electrical current in RP then just cut off the plug and attach two pin plug. You will have to check the documentation to see what voltage it will work with.

I myself would take it back to Argos say it is faulty and get a refund. They will not check.

Then send the money to your dad plus the extra you save on delivery and he can buy there.

Also if they buy there they have warranty/guarantee.

Alan
4th May 2008, 11:25
My plug fits into a Filipina socket. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

aromulus
4th May 2008, 12:00

I am so happy for you that you can still find it............:xxgrinning--00xx3:

kimmi
4th May 2008, 18:30

:omg::omg::omg::omg::doh:doh:Erm::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Piamed
4th May 2008, 18:41

Hahahahaha!!!!

andypaul
4th May 2008, 19:34
I am no electrician but what is the electrical current that is used in the Philippines? If the music system will operate on the electrical current in RP then just cut off the plug and attach two pin plug. You will have to check the documentation to see what voltage it will work with.

I myself would take it back to Argos say it is faulty and get a refund. They will not check.

Then send the money to your dad plus the extra you save on delivery and he can buy there.

Also if they buy there they have warranty/guarantee.

Yes Phill leccy supply will work with nearly every item you can buy in the UK. but the mains frequency is diffent which could cause in some devices but most people everyday would never notice, particulary for a small device like a mp3 player.

Heres a link which may be of use to people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_mains_power_plugs,_voltages_and_frequencies

A bit about mains frequency for if you cant sleep at night

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utility_frequency

Mrs.JMajor
5th May 2008, 01:51
I buy mine at Ace Hardware - 45 pesos.

:omg: u buy yours at ace hardware :NoNo: just only 45pesos so cheap and still can fit to filipina socket...thats great :rolleyes:

Eljohno
5th May 2008, 08:26
When i moved before to the Philippines i bought some plugs in the over there and the only prob i had was for whatever reason my dvd player stopped working which i got fixed but it stopped again the next day and stil not sure if it was because of being connected in the Philippines.

kimmi
5th May 2008, 12:36
:omg: u buy yours at ace hardware :NoNo: just only 45pesos so cheap and still can fit to filipina socket...thats great :rolleyes:

:omg::omg::omg::Erm::Erm::NoNo::doh:icon_lol::icon_lol:

chino
7th May 2008, 21:28
about 40php but on an island i had to pay 100 :(