PDA

View Full Version : Spouse Visa - needed to extend for few months - relocating to another country.

Julie-Tom
1st June 2016, 22:35
Dear Everyone-

We are planning to relocate to another country by September. My spouse visa expires on first week of July. Is applying for FLR(M) the only way to extend my visa? but we only need 2 more months and then we will relocate.

I have been searching for the right form and I cannot seem to find any answers.

Please does anyone know any way?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Julie

Terpe
2nd June 2016, 16:47
It's a tricky issue.
FLR is a visa for a continued residence in UK based on your current circumstances.
If you are eligible for the period applied for then there are no residence restrictions until application for ILR

i guess you are on a 5 year route to ILR and at at the mid point ?

Julie-Tom
3rd June 2016, 16:57
Hi Terpe, Yes I am on a 5 year route and we have done 2.5 already. I was wondering if we can just extend our visa to two months as we are leaving September (my visa expires July) but it seems there is no way of doing it?

Arthur Little
3rd June 2016, 17:27
Hi Terpe, Yes I am on a 5 year route and we have done 2.5 already. I was wondering if we can just extend our visa to two months as we are leaving September (my visa expires July) but it seems there is no way of doing it?

D'you mean make a pro~rata payment for the short period you'll be staying here beyond the expiry of your current visa, Julie?

Hmm ... :anerikke: ... I could be mistaken ... but :sorry-2: to say, I shouldn't think UKVI would be agreeable to that.

marksroomspain
3rd June 2016, 22:28
Dear Everyone-

We are planning to relocate to another country by September. My spouse visa expires on first week of July. Is applying for FLR(M) the only way to extend my visa? but we only need 2 more months and then we will relocate.

I have been searching for the right form and I cannot seem to find any answers.

Please does anyone know any way?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Julie

May I ask which country are you relocating to?