PDA

View Full Version : New phone new contract

Ako Si Jamie
18th June 2016, 09:56
The 2 yr contract on my HTC Desire with 3 ends next month so I phoned them up this week regarding a new deal. I wanted to pay less this time and have a new phone, preferably a Samsung Galaxy.

I wasn't keen on the HTC, as I found it too fiddly and not as user friendly as a Samsung which I had previously. Managed to get a new Samsung Galaxy J3
for £13 per month with an allowance I'm fairly happy with. 300 mins, unlimited texts and half a GB of data. Would have preferred more minutes but I'm saving £7 p/m compared to the HTC.

Decent deal I reckon. Phone is still in the box so yet to try it.

stevewool
18th June 2016, 10:26
Sounds like a deal to me Jamie , why pay more for these fancy phones , a phone is a phone simple

Ako Si Jamie
18th June 2016, 10:45
Sounds like a deal to me Jamie , why pay more for these fancy phones , a phone is a phone simple

I'm a stickler for value. Hate paying more than I should. It's a 2016 smartphone made by a company I've had a phone with before which I liked. Actually, out of all the phones I've had, I've only really liked two. Samsung Galaxy and a Motorola one from about 10 years ago.

stevewool
18th June 2016, 10:48
I brought my Moto g 2nd generation last year for just over £100, and my contract is £7 a rolling month but with twice as much data and calls as you have with virgin , so far so good

Ako Si Jamie
18th June 2016, 11:09
I brought my Moto g 2nd generation last year for just over £100, and my contract is £7 a rolling month but with twice as much data and calls as you have with virgin , so far so good I could have got a sim only deal too with a better allowance for around £8 but I didn't want to fork out over £100 + insurance on a phone.

stevewool
18th June 2016, 11:26
Again we both have good deals, this is my second good phone, the others was just cheap ones , a few quid from friends , so i thought it was best to pay for a good one that should last me years, plus the camera on this phone is good for my photo work too