A costly effect:Erm:

stevewool
24th June 2016, 11:40

Who knows , but it's a start of our own destiny

Ako Si Jamie
24th June 2016, 13:14

It's not all about money though is it Michael. Standing up to those pontificating control freaks in Brussels has to be a good thing. At least we'll be able to fart in our own bathrooms.

stevewool
24th June 2016, 14:07
It's not all about money though is it Michael. Standing up to those pontificating control freaks in Brussels has to be a good thing. At least we'll be able to fart in our own bathrooms.

Don't mention FART , that's worse then leaving Europe

Terpe
24th June 2016, 15:09
Personally, I doubt anyone knows what the future holds.

SimonH
24th June 2016, 15:30
Best comment I've heard today was from a mate who said.... Great you can stick your kilos and bent bananas up your :action-smiley-081:

stevewool
24th June 2016, 16:45
Lots of sad people about saying silly things,
Someone said , I am not proud to say I am British.
It amazes me most of the people complaining are very very rich, what's there problem, maybe stocks and shares springs to mind

mickcant
24th June 2016, 16:52
Osborn has not said any more about his emergency budget?
perhaps he will be carrying Cameron's suitcase for him?
Mick. :olddude:

Ako Si Jamie
24th June 2016, 19:07
Lots of sad people about saying silly things,
Someone said , I am not proud to say I am British.
It amazes me most of the people complaining are very very rich, what's there problem, maybe stocks and shares springs to mind

These self-serving creeps really grind my gears. Despite being extremely wealthy they want more and more and are never content. Can't these entitled spoilt brats appreciate anything? :mad:

Ako Si Jamie
24th June 2016, 19:22
Personally, I doubt anyone knows what the future holds.

With the country going to the dogs anyhow being a bitch to Brussels would have meant game over bar the shouting I reckon. By leaving it might mean weathering the storm for awhile but its the best decision in the long term.

As Delboy used to say, He Who Dares Wins! :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
24th June 2016, 20:04
It's not all about money though is it Michael. Standing up to those pontificating control freaks in Brussels has to be a good thing. At least we'll be able to *fart in our own bathrooms.

:iagree: ... because, *:yeahthat: - until yesterday - was deemed far(t)oo much! to be "aired"! :readingpapers:

Jamesey
24th June 2016, 21:29
A sad day. :NoNo:

I went to bed in Great Britain and woke up in Little England. :doh

But the best thing we can do now is just try and make this work.

stevewool
24th June 2016, 21:33

Well its down to us now to get behind our leader and work together , yes maybe hard for some , but i am afraid it has to be done,
Could always move to the Phils if its not right

grahamw48
24th June 2016, 22:26
There's been enough sour grapes today to make a hell of a lot of wine. :NoNo:

jonnijon
24th June 2016, 22:32
We managed very well indeed before the EU, it was only the union's that screwed the country up 40 years ago.

grahamw48
24th June 2016, 22:49
Exactly.

'Ye of little faith'.

I have worked for some top sales organisations in my time.

People with negative attitudes were fired... or starved.

Michael Parnham
25th June 2016, 07:50

My thoughts also!

stevewool
25th June 2016, 09:34
My thoughts also!

I am afraid to say Michael and you have mentioned it too, as long as i am alright i am not bothered,
Well we live in a democracy where we can vote but we must go with the majority, i was prepared to go with who ever won the vote and i would have worked hard to make the good times too,
If its going to be that bad here , well you can always move to the Philippines or anywhere else you may fancy ,
We all have a right to say what we want and i too have said before i dont feel this is a Great Britain, but i am still very proud to be called English

SimonH
25th June 2016, 09:45
Ok End of Day 1, in Brexit world the facts:

1)The stock market finished the day only 1.9% down from trading began and ironically was a week high.
2) the £ against the $ fell 7% and against the Euro 5%. To be expected.
3) Germany Confirm that our trade agreements will remain and it would be mad to lose our special arrangement
4) France has confirmed they plan to keep the bilateral immigration treaty in place.
5) USA confirm we will still have a special relationship
6) Canada agree the same, saying UK and Europe are strong trade allies.
7) Martin Schulz an EU Chief admits the EU needs to reform
8) Holland, Italy, France and Denmark call for a referendum.
9) Eu citizens where ever they reside in the EU at the time of the referendum are protected under The 1969 Vienna Convention Section 70.

So the world hasn't fallen apart, the apocalypse didn't happen and once again Britain are leading in Europe.
Reform, Democracy and Freedom of Speech.

Longweekend
25th June 2016, 09:52
Simon, that's all very well to give us meaningless facts, but what will happen to our participation in the Eurovision Song contest?...:yikes:

SimonH
25th June 2016, 09:58
Simon, that's all very well to give us meaningless facts, but what will happen to our participation in the Eurovision Song contest?...:yikes:

Same as happens in the Ryder Cup :icon_lol:

stevewool
25th June 2016, 10:01

Wow , :omg:

stevewool
25th June 2016, 10:04
Ok End of Day 1, in Brexit world the facts:

1)The stock market finished the day only 1.9% down from trading began and ironically was a week high.
2) the £ against the $ fell 7% and against the Euro 5%. To be expected.
3) Germany Confirm that our trade agreements will remain and it would be mad to lose our special arrangement
4) France has confirmed they plan to keep the bilateral immigration treaty in place.
5) USA confirm we will still have a special relationship
6) Canada agree the same, saying UK and Europe are strong trade allies.
7) Martin Schulz an EU Chief admits the EU needs to reform
8) Holland, Italy, France and Denmark call for a referendum.
9) Eu citizens where ever they reside in the EU at the time of the referendum are protected under The 1969 Vienna Convention Section 70.

So the world hasn't fallen apart, the apocalypse didn't happen and once again Britain are leading in Europe.
Reform, Democracy and Freedom of Speech.

Thank you Simon, interesting reading, and what concerns many of us is the peso rate compared to the pound and its around the 64-65 rate , which i think we are all pleased about

Michael Parnham
25th June 2016, 10:50
I am afraid to say Michael and you have mentioned it too, as long as i am alright i am not bothered,
Well we live in a democracy where we can vote but we must go with the majority, i was prepared to go with who ever won the vote and i would have worked hard to make the good times too,
If its going to be that bad here , well you can always move to the Philippines or anywhere else you may fancy ,
We all have a right to say what we want and i too have said before i dont feel this is a Great Britain, but i am still very proud to be called English

I'm also proud to be English and in my eyes Britain is great, especially after living in Philippines:xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
25th June 2016, 10:52

OHHH DAMN!!!! I forgot about that..They didnt even mention it in the campaign..:mad:
Is it too late to change our minds??

Steve.r
25th June 2016, 13:01
Good post Simon.

raynaputi
25th June 2016, 13:43
There's a petition circulating in social media at the moment..

https://www.change.org/p/sadiq-khan-declare-london-independent-from-the-uk-and-apply-to-join-the-eu

Keith said they can go away if they want..hahaha :icon_lol:

Terpe
25th June 2016, 13:55
The 'elephant-in-room ' remains the issue of the 'Common Market' and UK membership (or not) of the European Economic Area.
Membership and access to the EU single market demands funding contribution to EU and free movement of labour.
Seems to be more than a bit crazy of to leave the EU then negotiate terms by agreeing to apply those EU rules people voted against. :doh

We need some pretty slick and committed negotiators.
But where/ who are they ?

Arthur Little
25th June 2016, 17:42
Having myself voted for :Britain: to LEAVE - and despite my initial elation :Jump: at the outcome - I'm now left feeling a bit like "piggy in the middle" ... owing to Myrna, my immediate family and (not least) practically the whole of the Scottish electorate choosing the status quo!

grahamw48
25th June 2016, 17:44
:smile:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/grahamw48/post-13067-0-90160600-1466856312_zpstdsh8mjf.jpg~original

grahame 1
25th June 2016, 19:10
Could be the end of the United Kingdom though. Scotland will push for another referendum now

Longweekend
25th June 2016, 19:49
Don't think they could survive if oil prices stay low....

lloydegbrick
25th June 2016, 20:48
Hello all
I'm glad someone brought this exit from the EU business
without being to personal to others here I think it is a very bad thing

Anyway
My worry here is this...My wife is very concern and believe me I am also concern for us because she afraid and I feels that the Uk has now shown it true face as being a racist country to the outside world

This feeling is not good for any of us with partners from overses because often times when we have been out walking together we both see these strange looks from a few people on the streets
I'm not sure if these looks are nice or not as we would rather not have this.,Maybe they are looking at us with good will, for that is the best way to look at this

another point I'm thinking of giving up my UK passport and getting my old Irish one back because i want to stay in the EU

Now would my wife have to be sent back to the phils if i change my pasport to Eire?
My wife does have a full UK viisa on her phils passport and if i do change my passport? how will this effect her with the imimgration office?

I hope someone can help us to lay these fears to rest?

thank you all
Regards
LG

stevewool
25th June 2016, 21:12
I hope you find what you are looking for LG,
I have no idea why you and your wife feel that a few people are giving you bad looks and has this just started as of yesterday too, maybe it's because your wife is beautiful just like mine.
I must take offence when you call this country racist.
Maybe there are a few people out there that are racist but that can be any creed from any country that has made his or her home here in this country.
I am sure there are many with partners from other parts of the world as seeing this country as there home ,i know my wife does and see works here and travels everywhere too, and yet she has never expressed these thoughts to me, I must admit I was scared for her at first, but that was just me thinking she could not managed being here,
Please don't think we people are all the same, I am not a racist, but I will speak my mind and that is what I can do by living here in a free country .
What will happen by changing your passport do, or is it a British passport is not you are wanting anymore

grahamw48
25th June 2016, 21:12
Hi LG.

I think you are reading far too much into other people's attitudes to you and your partner.

I have been going steady with or married to 'brown' people here in the UK since 1979. People are naturally curious. It doesn't mean they are being intentionally rude... or racist.

Try not to overreact to the current (hyped -up) situation. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
25th June 2016, 22:23
Hello all
I'm glad someone brought this exit from the EU business
without being to personal to others here I think it is a very bad thing

Anyway
My worry here is this...My wife is very concern and believe me I am also concern for us because she afraid and I feels that the Uk has now shown it true face as being a racist country to the outside world

This feeling is not good for any of us with partners from overses because often times when we have been out walking together we both see these strange looks from a few people on the streets
I'm not sure if these looks are nice or not as we would rather not have this.,Maybe they are looking at us with good will, for that is the best way to look at this

another point I'm thinking of giving up my UK passport and getting my old Irish one back because i want to stay in the EU

Now would my wife have to be sent back to the phils if i change my pasport to Eire?
My wife does have a full UK viisa on her phils passport and if i do change my passport? how will this effect her with the imimgration office?

I hope someone can help us to lay these fears to rest?

thank you all
Regards
LG

I think the UK is one of the least racist countries in the world nowadays. If the stares are from women it's normally out of jealously because they don't like us guys going abroad to find a partner.

grahamw48
25th June 2016, 23:04
Yes, many of the Western ladies seem to resent the fact that some of us men are not attracted to their Hippo-like physiques, construction site language, and appetite for gallons of booze. :NoNo:

Michael Parnham
25th June 2016, 23:09
Yes, many of the Western ladies seem to resent the fact that some of us men are not attracted to their Hippo-like physiques, construction site language, and appetite for gallons of booze. :NoNo:

Love it, love it, love it.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
25th June 2016, 23:18
Not to mention the body "art". :doh

Terpe
26th June 2016, 08:47
...another point I'm thinking of giving up my UK passport and getting my old Irish one back because i want to stay in the EU

I'm guessing you mean you want to renounce your British Citizenship ?

For what reason(s) you don't detail other than you want to stay in the EU.
Are you thinking to relocate to Ireland ?

Currently your wife is under UK immigration controls and that hasn't changed. It will change though if you renounce your British Citizensip.
Your wife is not in any danger of being asked to return to the Philippines. Nor is she ever likely to be.

LG, you should really should think through very carefully how you and your wife want to manage your lives.

stevewool
26th June 2016, 08:53
Steady on boys, there are some nice English ladies around, not every one of them have body art and are oversize, we all cannot help who we fall in love with and i know we all dont like the same thing , but what suits one maybe does not suit another,

mickcant
26th June 2016, 09:19
Having myself voted for :Britain: to LEAVE - and despite my initial elation :Jump: at the outcome - I'm now left feeling a bit like "piggy in the middle" ... owing to Myrna, my immediate family and (not least) practically the whole of the Scottish electorate choosing the status quo!

We can only do what we think is best Arthur, I think visa and conditions were going to get worse which ever way it went.
politicians now have something else to blame :cwm23:
Mick.:olddude:

Terpe
26th June 2016, 09:58
This made me chuckle, but the stats stand up:-

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-24/was-deciding-factor-brits-vote-leave

Longweekend
26th June 2016, 10:52
I also don't agree that we are racist in the UK, in fact IMO we are too easy going I have just watched a clip from the gay parade where a London policeman in uniform kisses another guy on the lips, what's it coming to?.... :omg:

Harry T
26th June 2016, 11:16

Well said mate i fully agree, cant give you any rep, i have to spread it around... :biggrin:

grahamw48
26th June 2016, 12:51
Cheers Harry... I also have to spread some rep around first... sorry mate. 'It's the thought that counts'. :biggrin:

lloydegbrick
26th June 2016, 20:06
Currently your wife is under UK immigration controls and that hasn't changed. It will change though if you renounce your British Citizensip.
Your wife is not in any danger of being asked to return to the Philippines. Nor is she ever likely to be.

LG, you should really should think through very carefully how you and your wife want to manage your lives.

Hello Mr Terpe
Thank you
I'm sorry if i did not make myself clearer before to you?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by your reply?
No I did not say to renounce my UK status
This time I'm asking you some two questions

1. If i do choose to change my passport back to Ireland?
2. .Will my wife lose her UK visa status under my sponsership?

Anyway

I'm sorry if what i said offends you As you can see from my qoute that i never accutly said that the UK is racist

I am also concern for us because she afraid and I feels that the Uk has now shown it true face as being a racist country to the outside world

So I am afraid for her as I hear that some people here in the UK have been attacked for having a anoter colour on their skins
Why only the other day i was out walking on my own and i over heard some white people say, 'lets go to the pub and have a few drinks to celerbrate the fact the these ffing foriengers can't come here anymore'

May I sorry to all that are not racist in here that i had no intentions to be rude to those that they may think that i think that they are racist?

Because i am only just stating facts from many newspaper that has now reported these views of outside world that is looking at the situation here in the Uk now.
And this is too close to home for us....

Thank you once again

We live in interesting times as the an old chinese curse goes
"Better to be a dog in a peaceful time, than to be a human in a chaotic (warring) period

LG

tiger31
26th June 2016, 20:59
Well I,m a foreigner in Ireland and I heard some locals talking about potatoes so I don,t feel too comfortable here lol

lloydegbrick
26th June 2016, 22:13
Not everyone who voted Leave is a racist by any stretch of the imagination. However, there is no doubt that the Leave vote has emboldened the far right – here and across Europe. These views have not originated overnight – the people who felt this way did so before the vote. But it is undeniable that the vote has given them the courage and the feeling of legitimacy to vocalise these opinions.

Furthermore, it is important to look at the role that the politicians and mainstream press have played in fomenting this atmosphere. Whether it be Nigel Farage with his much-criticised poster, Cameron with his “hordes of migrants” language, or the hundreds of headlines which have shouted abuse and lies about immigration – it is undeniable these elements have played a massive part in what we are now seeing enacted on our streets.

There have also been lots of social media posts extolling us all to come together, that we’re all still friends. Unfortunately, friends who are not white British may not be feeling this. And it is both impossible, and undesirable, to remain calm when fascism is flourishing before our eyes.

Yet there is a need to come together. Whichever way people voted, the vast majority are not racist and do not want to see this country descend into fascism. It is essential all these people unify, get out on the streets, in our communities, among our neighbours and spread a message of diversity.

Furthermore, there is a need to ensure people know it isn’t people from different countries and ethnicities who are to blame for the state of this country. It is the fault of successive politicians, and corporations – the elite who have profited massively while everyone else has been punished by austerity. They are the people we should blame and the people we should be angry at.

It is essential that people stand up to the racists, the fascists and the bullies. Now, more than ever, this has to be a priority in all our work, both on a humanitarian and political level. These people are not the majority, and the rest of us need to make sure our voices are heard loud and clear.

And to those of you have voted to take us out?
You need to admit to yourself. by saying to your friends and family "Oh my God, what the fack have I done?"

grahamw48
26th June 2016, 22:17
How many people are posting using your profile, lloydelbrick ?

This is getting confusing.

stevewool
26th June 2016, 22:24
I voted OUT, and the main reason was when you heard from both labour and conservatives from the stay IN party say there is nothing we can do about mass migration coming into this country while we are in the EU,
All i wanted was a fair way of stemming the flow, its ok saying they come here for work and so on, then the next minute they are saying more NONE EU migrants come here then EU migrants and we have to do something about that,
Well most of us know about NONE EU migrants , and after a time we marry one and after a time we pay for a visa and another visa and insurance too and the list goes on ,
So why could they not bring something like what we have paid for ,
I feel that there is still a deal to be had , but i also feel that the good citizens who has concerns and try to say so are being told we are racist,

lloydegbrick
26th June 2016, 22:27
It is all my own work ha ha ha

May I say sorry to all those that are not racist in here that I had no intentions to be rude to aill those that they may think that I think that they are racist?
We need to be tough to stand up for our truths
And if I have offended anyone?
Then I know that I have found a true target to show them my own truths
And if you have a little bit of Irish in your blood, you may know what I mean?

grahamw48
26th June 2016, 22:30
Totally understand how you (and a lot of others) feel Steve.

Things were starting to get out of control. People felt ignored by the government, helpless and under threat (perceived and real) in their own street, town, and country.

It had to be brought to a halt.

Michael Parnham
27th June 2016, 00:48
Well, there's no 350million per week going to NHS as Brexit stated and I imagine the reason is because that amount we paid to the EU every week we received more in return:Erm:

Terpe
27th June 2016, 03:17
Hello Mr Terpe
Thank you
I'm sorry if i did not make myself clearer before to you?
I'm not quite sure what you mean by your reply?
No I did not say to renounce my UK status
This time I'm asking you some two questions

1. If i do choose to change my passport back to Ireland?
2. .Will my wife lose her UK visa status under my sponsorship
LG

If you are eligible for an Irish passport there's nothing stopping you from getting one.
You don't need to change the UK passport. You can hold them both as a dual citizen.

Your wife will not lose her visa status

lloydegbrick
27th June 2016, 19:27
Hello Mr Terpe
I believe that i can keep both passport because of the year i was born in Ireland
Thank you
LG

lloydegbrick
27th June 2016, 19:31
I can see clearly now I’m the one that has been living in a fool’s paradise

My first instincts was not to take part in this vote, because I thought it was a big windup to excite and roused the masses to fury by this nasty government, but I got sucked in like most of people in the UK did.
So I can forgive myself for such foolishness

Well, I’m never too old to learn, and this was and is the last time I will ever vote again here in England and I mean just that England or anywhere else that is ruled by this Weste-minster

The whole system is rigged by the ever hidden ruling classes, and it needs to be torn down to the ground to expose the rottenness that is hidden from the general public for once and all

I am tearing up my party membership card and cancelling my subscription too

I will from this day just be a critic looking on all the sides be it on the left, or right wings of all the political parties
Thank you all for showing me the way

lloydegbrick
27th June 2016, 19:35
Well I,m a foreigner in Ireland and I heard some locals talking about potatoes so I don,t feel too comfortable here lol

I like spuds

lloydegbrick
27th June 2016, 19:40
Hello Mr Terpe
That is the best new i have heard since my wife got her visa..:Jump::Jump: for joy I'm off to get my passpor form, completed and hand delivered to the Irish embassy section where they will isssue me with a replacement as i have appointment
Thank you ever so much..
This a load off my mind and BTW my wife is now fully registed with me in our home..
Regards
LG

Steve.r
27th June 2016, 20:19
I can see clearly now I’m the one that has been living in a fool’s paradise

My first instincts was not to take part in this vote, because I thought it was a big windup to excite and roused the masses to fury by this nasty government, but I got sucked in like most of people in the UK did.
So I can forgive myself for such foolishness

Well, I’m never too old to learn, and this was and is the last time I will ever vote again here in England and I mean just that England or anywhere else that is ruled by this Weste-minster

The whole system is rigged by the ever hidden ruling classes, and it needs to be torn down to the ground to expose the rottenness that is hidden from the general public for once and all

I am tearing up my party membership card and cancelling my subscription too

I will from this day just be a critic looking on all the sides be it on the left, or right wings of all the political parties
Thank you all for showing me the way

I really don't understand this mentality... oh well, do what you have to if you think being a non-voter is the best way forward. Just don't have the gall to moan about anything anymore. Your opinion as a non voter just doesn't count.

grahamw48
27th June 2016, 22:56
More sour grapes for the new wine lake ?

Some people are just sore losers I guess. :anerikke:

lloydegbrick
4th July 2016, 11:34
I really don't understand this mentality... oh well, do what you have to if you think being a non-voter is the best way forward. Just don't have the gall to moan about anything anymore. Your opinion as a non voter just doesn't count.

Hello steve
your comments above is exactly the right reason for me not to vote in England
To the all political points of views, I am wrong
I don't have to liisten or hear anyone including my fine self complain anymore either on the left or right and even in the middle oF road

This rat is leaving the rat race
Good luck
Give my regards to broadway :Wave:
LG
I've got a better way of living for what llfe i may have left?....

grahamw48
4th July 2016, 11:50
That used to be a nice thought back in the flower power era, until even they realised that other people's taxes were funding their lives... and they'd eventually have to start putting something back into society too. :smile:

lloydegbrick
4th July 2016, 13:24
That used to be a nice thought back in the flower power era, until even they realised that other people's taxes were funding their lives... and they'd eventually have to start putting something back into society too.

I'm an old hippie and flower power supporter
All i'm doing is going back to my old roots now..
I've paid all my unions dues and and taxes now it quality time
If you like this system the way it is?
it;s all yours now