PDA

View Full Version : BT Broadband Users Are Hit By Fault

Arthur Little
20th July 2016, 12:19
www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36844712

:doh ... THEY AREN'T the ONLY ones!!! :cwm23:

:nono-1-1: ... originally with *Tiscali, our service - *with which we'd been perfectly content - was taken over by TalkTalk several years ago. ................................... :yeahthat:'s when the problem began!

Indeed, it's happening yet AGAIN - right now - even as I type!

What is the problem? you're wondering :cwm25:. Well, every so often - all too often - throughout each day, our internet connection cuts out. :angry: And restoring it, entails disconnecting the MAIN lead at the back of the black control box marked ADSL X6 ... waiting for a few seconds ... then plugging it back in (a trick my nephew taught us ... :anerikke: ... otherwise we'd have been stumped!)

stevewool
20th July 2016, 12:31
Tell me about Arthur,
My work today is just so crazy, its all internet this day and age, hay ho, this morning has gone by very very quick

Arthur Little
20th July 2016, 13:13
Tell me about it Arthur,
My work today is just so crazy, its all internet this day and age, hay ho, this morning has gone by very very quick

Oh it drives me :crazy: at times, Steve. Don't get me wrong, technology enables us to communicate much more easily with people in virtually ALL parts of the world. And a whole lot faster :Bolt: than doing so by hand. But when things go awry ... grrr! :23_111_9[1]:

Terpe
20th July 2016, 13:38
To really understand 'internet frustration' try it here in the Philippines :biggrin:

Arthur Little
20th July 2016, 13:54
To really understand 'internet frustration' try it here in the Philippines :biggrin:

:laughitupsmilie: ... NO THANKS, :NoNo: ... I'd more than enough of it :icon_rolleyes: in 2009 - when preparing for Myrna's Spousal Visa during my second visit to the Philippines.

:icon_sorry:, Peter ... you do have my sympathy. :wink:

stevewool
20th July 2016, 14:11

Don't need internet when you are on the beach or relaxing :biggrin:

Terpe
20th July 2016, 14:31
Don't need internet when you are on the beach or relaxing :biggrin:

How about booking the travel ticket and hotel ?????

:biggrin:

Even more expensive with a foreign issued debit/credit card :biggrin:

Just saying Hehehe

Many things to consider

stevewool
20th July 2016, 14:40
Next door to the house in marikina, the neighbours have a internet shop, nothing big but it's free Wi-Fi when we are there, and all he wants is some chocolate sent to him in the boxes we send over

Terpe
20th July 2016, 14:45
Next door to the house in marikina, the neighbours have a internet shop, nothing big but it's free Wi-Fi when we are there, and all he wants is some chocolate sent to him in the boxes we send over

How's the security :yikes: