PDA

View Full Version : Why do people lie

stevewool
23rd July 2016, 08:22
Over the last few weeks we have had some bad times at work,
Professional drivers as we like to call our drivers but when something happens to a vehicle and nobody admits to the fault, yes we have trackers and we know what date a person was in a vehicle too, but when did the accident happen, now thats the problem,
We have three drivers who drive this van and someone has hit something and has caused over £1000 damaged, they have driven over a large curb/stone or speed ramp to cause all this, but who was it :Erm::Erm:,
All three are saying it was not them and to tell the truth they are all to quick in my eyes,
It amazes me that the person who has caused this damage know they have but are willing for someone else to either be sacked or to lose a lot of bonus,
The other day another driver comes back to the depot after a full days work, backs onto the bay, gets out his lorry and walks around the front then walking along the passenger side into the office, another driver then starts shouting ,Look at this side ,
There was this gash about 15 foot long 4 inches wide cut into the side of the body, and the driver had no idea how this happened , he did not even see it to report it and was just going to go home,
Now we all have accidents and incidents and sometimes we can make good the problem without others knowing about it,
But this driver just said i have no idea,
Well you can imagine how we felt and having to explain to the boss too,
Anyway the next day i came into work and asked what has happened so far, NOTHING, the driver is out with a different vehicle and the damaged one has been sent to our other depot to be repaired,
I spoke to the driver and told him in my own way to think about what happened and come back with a written statement, he was still saying he cant remember,
He came back that night and after getting him in the office he said it happened HE THINKS , yesterday morning just after his 2nd delivery just after 8am ,
So all day he knew about this and still did not mention it that night he gat back and he still refused to say what happened till he was pushed,
Now the only problem is what damaged has he cause at this place where he damaged the vehicle, you dont want to see anyone loose there job , but sometimes you just cannot help people when they wont help themselves , also i hate lairs

Michael Parnham
23rd July 2016, 09:13
Don't your drivers inspect their vehicles by walking round and checking tyres, damage ect Steve?:Erm:

stevewool
23rd July 2016, 09:18
Yes they do Michael but when the damaged is something you cannot see, like under the vehicle then you dont know when something went wrong until it becomes a bigger problem,
These days people dont seem to care unless it is there own vehicle and they have to pay for things that go wrong

Michael Parnham
23rd July 2016, 09:25
Yes they do Michael but when the damaged is something you cannot see, like under the vehicle then you dont know when something went wrong until it becomes a bigger problem,
These days people dont seem to care unless it is there own vehicle and they have to pay for things that go wrong

I understand what you say Steve, it's always best to report things when they happen plus you can trust the driver because I'm sure they don't damage vehicles intentionally.

stevewool
23rd July 2016, 09:30
I'm sure they don't damage vehicles intentionally.

Thats why they are called accidents , they happen weather its your fault, there fault or even a act of gods fault,
Thats why we pay insurance , but i hate it when someone tries to blame someone else for something

grahamw48
23rd July 2016, 20:12
I remember a double-decker bus in London slicing open a big gash in his bodywork, many years ago.

He tried to cut me up by pulling across the front of my Bedford CA van... which was fitted with a particularly strong and sharp-edged front bumper.

He then stopped and started to mouth off to me... although it was his fault.

I just pointed to the massive damage he hadn't realised had been done to his vehicle, and would take some explaining back at the depot.... whereas not a mark on mine. :biggrin: