PDA

View Full Version : Priest killed in France

stevewool
26th July 2016, 21:06
Shocking News, and they are saying the people who did this was filming it too, how much more can the free world take

grahamw48
26th July 2016, 23:30
It's becoming an epidemic, isn't it.

What so many of us 'racist bigots' predicted, is sadly coming to fruition.

We really can't get out of the 'open-borders' EU quickly enough.

... No idea what we're going to do about sealing our border with Scotland though, if they decide to let go of the tit and suck up to the EU instead... along with the hordes of Mosque builders and I.S. sympathisers from twenty+ countries. :NoNo:

Trefor
27th July 2016, 02:52
France has a different challenge to the UK as society is very segregated. Over there society is generally more racist and immigrants have a really hard time getting out of the 'ghetto' council tower blocks on the edge of cities where they live. In a way it is a similar issue to the US, with a 2 class society. Also France has a lot of immigrants from North Africa (the 'Dom Tom' colonies). The UK has different 'potentially troublesome' immigrants mostly - Pakistan, Iraq, Somalia (generalising a bit here).

We are on hols in the US at the moment and struck up a conversation with a 'granny' in the laundry at the condo we're staying in. Crikey/OMG etc. Apparently there is only one religion and the rest are complete fantasies, and the Koran DOES tell them to go out and kill etc. She seemed like a nice lady apart from this ... Oh and her acceptance that there is a single world order with members such as Merkel, May, Trump and others. She did think voting yes to Brexit was the right thing to do though.

For the first time in a long time I kept my gob shut. Last time I 'challenged' a white supremacist/racist/sexist from somewhere 'South' in a hotel bar in Seattle. That got interesting. I only did it because of his 'fcuk everyone else' attitude and loud manner. Of course he went away from our conversation not understanding some things I'd said, too much real data makes some people's brain hurt :-)

grahamw48
27th July 2016, 11:14
Of course there are idiots and extemists populating all belief systems. They are in the main, harmless loudmouths.

One cannot ignore the the tide of aggression and intolerance coming from one particular quarter though.

Now NONE of us are safe anywhere in this country, mainly due to the shortsightedness and naivety of previous governments throughout the past 50 years. :NoNo:

In a perfect world, yes we would all be sitting around a campfire, holding hands and singing Kumbaya.

andy222
27th July 2016, 12:09
May needs to close our borders now and sort the soon to be terrorists in this country out. People go on about trump and banning muslims entering the USA. Is he that wrong?

Terpe
27th July 2016, 12:12
For a great many years I had a plan to retire in France. Alsace.
I also had a desire to retire to Japan but that's another story

By a crazy 'string' of coincidences I met a Filipina, married her and ended up retiring here in the Philippines.

Whether France or the Philippines being a foreigner has it's moments and challenges.

Even Japan has issues. Did anyone read about the 'crazy' who decided to get rid of all the disabled folks in a care home there ?

It's a crazy world and I'm personally not sure how mass murder came about so uncontrollably and so quickly.

stevewool
27th July 2016, 12:23
I also had and still have the thoughts of moving to rural France, but now who knows where I will call home, marikina does sound better then most places

Terpe
27th July 2016, 13:02
I also had and still have the thoughts of moving to rural France, but now who knows where I will call home, marikina does sound better then most places

The house we have in Marikina is so much larger than anything we rented in Davao City.
I love the living space we have and the quite neighbourhood.
Plus the fact we don't spend P000's on rent and we can do what we want with the living space

I also like the fact I can walk to Riverbanks Mall in less than 5 mins and SM Marikina in less than 10 mins
Although I need to report that the pedestrian bridge over the Marikina River is now closed due to high water levels.
Means I need to take taxi from Riverbanks which costs me P70 :yikes:

I can take a 15 min jeepney ride to/from our Cubao condo for P7
Or P20 for air-con UV Express
Cubao is great with so many huge shopping malls and a super range of restuarants, as well as the the theatres and Araneta Collesium where so many international 'stars' perform.

We enjoyed life in Davao City for sure and have no regrets (well apart from the costs)
If the RoE improves enough we may buy a holiday home there.

We are also just now in the process of setting up another small place close to San Jose City Nueva Ecija where we have family and so many good friends.
Getting there and back can be done by bus if we want. But basically these longer trips are much better by our own car

BTW I still didn't use our Montero since end of June. :wink:

I'm looking forward to your next Marikina visit Steve. We'll make a date at Tong Yang for dinner.
I'll teach you the Jeepney or UV Express

grahamw48
27th July 2016, 20:51
I really enjoy reading about your life there Peter.

Thanks for sharing with us. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Steve.r
27th July 2016, 21:33
We'll pay you a visit too Peter next time I get to Marikina

Trefor
28th July 2016, 05:13
Of course there are idiots and extemists populating all belief systems. They are in the main, harmless loudmouths.

One cannot ignore the the tide of aggression and intolerance coming from one particular quarter though.

Now NONE of us are safe anywhere in this country, mainly due to the shortsightedness and naivety of previous governments throughout the past 50 years. :NoNo:

In a perfect world, yes we would all be sitting around a campfire, holding hands and singing Kumbaya.

I think most of the problems stem back to Bliars special relationship with Bush Jnr. Of course there are other episodes, but things happened that gave bad people the chance to fill a vacuum

stevewool
28th July 2016, 06:47
The house we have in Marikina is so much larger than anything we rented in Davao City.
Plus the fact we don't spend P000's on rent and we can do what we want with the living space

I also like the fact I can walk to Riverbanks Mall in less than 5 mins and SM Marikina in less than 10 mins
Although I need to report that the pedestrian bridge over the Marikina River is now closed due to high water levels.

Cubao is great with so many huge shopping malls and a super range of restuarants, as well as the the theatres and Araneta Collesium where so many international 'stars' perform.

We enjoyed life in Davao City for sure and have no regrets (well apart from the costs)

We are also just now in the process of setting up another small place close to San Jose City Nueva Ecija where we have family and so many good friends.
Getting there and back can be done by bus if we want. But basically these longer trips are much better by our own car

I'm looking forward to your next Marikina visit Steve. We'll make a date at Tong Yang for dinner.

That would be nice , in fact there could be a great gathering of folk from here , we are all within a few hours of each other once over there

stevewool
28th July 2016, 06:47

That would be nice , in fact there could be a great gathering of folk from here , we are all within a few hours of each other once over there

grahamw48
28th July 2016, 10:37
I'd certainly make an effort to attend any future get-togethers in Luzon. :xxgrinning--00xx3: