PDA

View Full Version : Unread post

stevewool
27th July 2016, 07:42
Now i do know there must be lots out there who has lots of unread post, ok there might be the odd one who reads everything and replies to everything too,
The other day i had around the 360+ unread post and yesterday evening they had all disappeared , did i press something or am i having a senior moment.
I am sure there use to be something that you could press to delete lots of threads but i cannot find it,and yes i know if there is none to delete then there is nothing to press either,
Well here is awaking up to a new world of 3 unread posts:Erm:

Longweekend
27th July 2016, 09:07
I currently have 1,179....:Erm:

Steve.r
27th July 2016, 09:48
Steve, you can't read everyone's posts. There is a way to reset to zero, I would have to have a play with it.

SimonH
27th July 2016, 09:55
Only 918 for me, I presume they're from years ago or maybe the restricted posts for those with a moderator or trusted status :Erm:

Michael Parnham
27th July 2016, 10:17
1,047 for me, never bother looking however many posts or not, it's not an important part of my life:Erm:

Longweekend
27th July 2016, 10:19
I'm winning....:Jump:

stevewool
27th July 2016, 10:48
1,047 for me, never bother looking however many posts or not, it's not an important part of my life:Erm:

You read this, so it must have been a important part of your life

stevewool
27th July 2016, 10:51
Steve, you can't read everyone's posts. There is a way to reset to zero, I would have to have a play with it.

I don't read everyone's Steve, there are lots that don't interest me but they must interest others, but it just seems funny, it was there one minute then gone the next, just like cash in my wallet,:biggrin:

Terpe
27th July 2016, 12:18
It's very rare that I mark unread posts to read. There have been times when I had just so many I did mark as read. But not too many times.

I'm online as often as I can. I do try to read every post. I take my moderator responsibilities too seriously.
It's not such a task especially these days with a pretty low daily post count.
Besides which I'm just too nosey to give up

For those regular members with a mountain of posts it's better to 'mark as read' and then make a new start.
IMHO