PDA

View Full Version : Unevenly Balanced Media Reportage

Arthur Little
28th July 2016, 15:05
OK ... :anerikke: ... while this website may have had to change its title - due to circumstances beyond its control - it remains essentially a forum dedicated to discussing immigration issues and other global matters of IMPORTANCE that have either a direct or indirect bearing on each of our two nations.

Having spent the past 12 months - and more - endlessly scouring through countless media headlines in order to find topics of interest appertaining to BOTH countries on as equal a footing as possible, it soon becomes evident that, while Filipino dailies like say, the Manila Times, regularly provide international coverage of current events in :Britain: and elsewhere, the same cannot be said for British media (especially television bulletins) which, I notice, rarely appear to give "a fair crack of the whip" :xxaction-smiley-047 to what's happening in the Philippines.

WHY is this, I wonder ... ?

SimonH
28th July 2016, 15:32
Surprised you have to ask the question Arthur :Erm:

Probably the same reason as me picking up a copy of The Nation in Kenya and seeing news about the worlds top 5 economies but not seeing much about what's happening in Kenya when I pick up a copy of the New York Times :smile:

raynaputi
28th July 2016, 16:03
British media is not interested in Philippines unless it's really something big or major happened. It has always been like that if I'm not mistaken, and mostly true as well from other western countries' media. You should watch Al Jazeera or CNN Philippines for news about the Philippines if you really are after such.

Michael Parnham
28th July 2016, 17:16
Al Jazeera do broadcast good documentaries quite frequently about Philippines:xxgrinning--00xx3: