PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon at the flicks

stevewool
7th August 2016, 17:09
Well part of our weekend together it was time for the pictures.
Jason Bourne was to the picture to see, in we went tickets brought , popcorn brought and this stupid coloured slush thing.
I was really looking forward to this film.
After all the pearl and dean adverts the film was about to bring in and it started.
The noises coming from the seat next to us, the constant slurping of the drinks and the noise of shufling popcorn.
In the end I had to say something, IT WORKED , Emma didn't talk to me through the rest of the film plus she stopped slurping too,:biggrin:

grahamw48
7th August 2016, 18:10
Haha... good one. :icon_lol:

I haven't been to the cinema for over 25 years.

The prices now would probably give me a heart attack (as with beer), so no chance of ever entering one again, in this country at any rate.

Michael Parnham
7th August 2016, 18:28
Haha... good one. :icon_lol:

I haven't been to the cinema for over 25 years.

The prices now would probably give a heart attack (as with beer), so no chance of ever entering one again, in this country at any rate.

Same here:wink:

stevewool
7th August 2016, 20:24
You know what there was only 12 people in the cinema makes you wonder if its worth having so many shows in one day

mickcant
8th August 2016, 06:25
I could not sit through it and enjoy a film with the distractions, sooner rent a film and watch on my own TV.:cwm25:
I have upgraded to a 49inch Samsung curved screen one, and I can even hear the sound ok with the sets own speakers, perhaps as the set is bigger they are too.
I did set it to 'clear voice'.
Mick.:cwm24:

grahamw48
8th August 2016, 09:12
Yes Mick, I think it's also down to the fact that for years now you could rent videos and dvds to watch in the comfort of your own home. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm not a person who likes to sit in the middle of a crowd (like being a football fan, I suppose) doing this group enjoyment thing. :NoNo:

Maybe the exception was when I went to see the original Jaws film, back in the mid-70s.
At certain points the audience reaction was great. lol .... and did help with the enjoyment. :smile:

Michael Parnham
8th August 2016, 09:58
Yes Mick, I think it's also down to the fact that for years now you could rent videos and dvds to watch in the comfort of your own home. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'm not a person who like to sit in the middle of a crowd (like being a football fan, I suppose) doing this group enjoyment thing. :NoNo:

Maybe the exception was when I went to see the original Jaws film, back in the mid-70s.
At certain points the audience reaction was great. lol .... and did help with the enjoyment. :smile:

Those were the days when we used to watch the films with the smoke effects:biggrin:

stevewool
8th August 2016, 11:00
Those were the days when we used to watch the films with the smoke effects:biggrin:

Smoke effects, that was either Woodbine's, park drive or no6

fred
8th August 2016, 13:13

I'm not a person who like to sit in the middle of a crowd (like being a football fan, I suppose) doing this group enjoyment thing. :NoNo:

The kids have taught me how to join my pc with the TV with HDML cable and watch whatever I want via "putlocker"
I`m having a great time in my living room and its all free!!!
On the very odd occasion,if they have a film on at the mall that Im interested in,I`ll succumb.
P100.00 though!!!:yikes:

Michael Parnham
8th August 2016, 13:31
Smoke effects, that was either Woodbine's, park drive or no6

So true:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
8th August 2016, 13:34
Here it's 540 peso or there about

grahamw48
8th August 2016, 18:33
The kids have taught me how to join my pc with the TV with HDML cable and watch whatever I want via "putlocker"
I`m having a great time in my living room and its all free!!!
On the very odd occasion,if they have a film on at the mall that Im interested in,I`ll succumb.
P100.00 though!!!:yikes:

Haha... don't worry, they'll show you how to keep up with the 21st century. :icon_lol: