PDA

View Full Version : Filipinos in UK upset over 'racist' joke on BBC program

fred
10th August 2016, 05:12
Just a stupid and unnecessarily insensitive comment by an ignorant English bitch that is anti funny.:doh
I hope that Brit Filipino`s continue to protest until she get on her knees and begs for forgiveness for insulting our kids.
She deserves a huge slap IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLJGUyvvxZw

Ako Si Jamie
10th August 2016, 05:50
I think this happened a few years ago Fred. I remember seeing the clip. This so called "comedian" is from Canada by the way. :wink:

raynaputi
10th August 2016, 08:42
This was AGES ago and she already apologised for this when she found out that many got offended. I've watched this episode and Keith and I were laughing! Some Filipinas I know who live here in the UK even told me it was funny as well! Too many gets butt hurt so easy when this was a comedy show. I doubt if she said Indian kids or other nation's kids, they would just laugh it off and ignore it.

grahamw48
10th August 2016, 08:49
Amazing, considering how suffocatingly PC the pain in the butt unpatriotic BBC have been for years now. :NoNo:

fred
10th August 2016, 11:41
This was AGES ago and she already apologised for this when she found out that many got offended. I've watched this episode and Keith and I were laughing! Some Filipinas I know who live here in the UK even told me it was funny as well! Too many gets butt hurt so easy when this was a comedy show. I doubt if she said Indian kids or other nation's kids, they would just laugh it off and ignore it.

OK..saw this only today so had no idea about how old the story was..
Nothing funny about what she said about Filipino kids IMO comparing them to nothing more than lab rats...
That is nothing to do with British humour ...
Laugh all you want...I for one do not accept her apology..
The woman is a ....... disgrace IMO.

raynaputi
10th August 2016, 13:44
There are more racist statements coming from Trump & his supporters compared to this. I believe plenty of Pinoys want him banned after what he said recently.

I've watched the first season of Absolutely Fabulous and Jennifer Saunders told to her daughter there that instead of her cooking all the food and doing all the stuff to just hire a Filipina maid. I think I need to complain. Oh I'll brought up again the skit from Little Britain and the scene from Desperate Housewives. Also when the American actress called Manila a ghastly place. :bigcry:

fred
10th August 2016, 14:05
There are more racist statements coming from Trump & his supporters compared to this. I believe plenty of Pinoys want him banned after what he said recently.

I definitely do not agree..
Trump is NOT a racist at all... He just wants to protect innocent Americans.
If you look at the terrorist attacks in Europe and most of the western world in the last 15 years,how many of them have been orchestrated by people of the Muslim faith?? You dont have to know about rocket science to have a clue at the answer.
Look at it like this... If you go into a cafe that only sells bacon and pork sandwiches,what are the chances that you will be sitting next to a one day potential suicide bomber??
In reality we have to have leaders that can protect us without worrying about upsetting the Woolly Liberals that attack their every proposal thats based on pure math and common sense..
Its up to angry Muslim communities to rout out the evil amongst them and clean up their ugly act...
Not non Muslims.. WTF has their culture to do with us??
This doesnt really seem to be happening and thats why I am fast becoming a true blue and proud islamaphobe..
There!!!! I said it.

raynaputi
10th August 2016, 14:12
Mexicans and the Latin Americans are not Muslims, well most obviously. :Erm:

I pity and despise people who generalise based on religion and race. There I said it. :Wave:

fred
10th August 2016, 14:24
Mexicans and the Latin Americans are not Muslims, well most obviously. :Erm:

I pity and despise people who generalise based on religion and race. There I said it. :Wave:

Trump has NO problem with Mexicans that live and work in the U.S legally!!!!
What he has a problem with is them entering the country ILLEGALLY!!
Many Latino`s crossing the border ILLEGALLY are in fact MEXICAN criminals either dealing in smuggled drugs or fresh out of Mexican prisons and commit murders like that of innocents such as Kate Steinle..
This will STOP if DT becomes President because he proposes a big beautiful TRUMP wall !!
He also says that huge wall will have a huge and very pretty door to allow those Mexicans that wish to enter the country LEGALLY!!!
You shouldnt watch to much CNN (Clinton news network) or the BBC as it can effect one`s judgement...

raynaputi
10th August 2016, 14:33
You should stop watching Fox News :76:

stevewool
10th August 2016, 14:35
worrying about upsetting the Woolly Liberals

I have to take offence to this, am not a liberal :biggrin:

fred
10th August 2016, 14:42
Also when the American actress called Manila a ghastly place. :bigcry:

Lets face it...It really is!

I believe plenty of Pinoys want him banned after what he said recently.

What exactly did he say Rayna??

IF (and I hope so) he becomes the new POTUS, does the idiot Congress man that proposes he be banned from entering the Philippines have any idea just how many USD that the U.S hands over to the R.P every year is risking??
How dumb is that??
Now thats what I call onion skin DUMB!!

fred
10th August 2016, 14:45
You should stop watching Fox News :76:

Unfortunately I cannot receive FOX news on this poxy cable network I`m hooked up to..
Sounds good though!!

fred
10th August 2016, 14:49
worrying about upsetting the Woolly Liberals

I have to take offence to this, am not a liberal :biggrin:

So are you wool by name and woolly by nature Steve??:wink:

raynaputi
10th August 2016, 14:52
You can Google right? I'm not affected by what Trump said as I think he's just a big fat joke. At least Catherine Ryan said her line in a comedy show with mostly of a satire content. Trump spouts his gobs on his presidency campaign when his supporters think he's serious! :76::crazy:

fred
10th August 2016, 14:55
You can Google right? I'm not affected by what Trump said as I think he's just a big fat joke. At least Catherine Ryan said her line in a comedy show with mostly of a satire content. Trump spouts his gobs on his presidency campaign when his supporters think he's serious! :76::crazy:

Come on Rayna...Tell Keith to stop watching CNN and stop making you post for him!!
Its been so long since we have had a good row!!:icon_lol:

raynaputi
10th August 2016, 15:07
Keith hasn't been to the forum for ages! :crazy: Stop watching Trump then you'll notice. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
10th August 2016, 15:13
Keith hasn't been to the forum for ages! :crazy: Stop watching Trump then you'll notice. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

OK..Sorry boss man..
Gotta love Trumps new tax plan though...You have to admit..
It`s pretty damned cool.
With any luck the Britex leaders will follows his lead.

Ako Si Jamie
10th August 2016, 19:43
Rayna's comical when she's on one! :icon_lol:

Michael Parnham
10th August 2016, 22:16

Did the lady say we don't tax our animals? because I don't understand where the so called joke is:Erm:

raynaputi
11th August 2016, 00:43
Did the lady say we don't tax our animals? because I don't understand where the so called joke is:Erm:

In this segment of Mock the Week, the topic was "Unlikely lines from a cosmetics commercial". She said "We don't test any of our products on animals. We use Filipino children." I doubt people will react the way they did if she said Indian or Chinese or African children.

If you watch Mock the Week, you know the format of the show and should never take anything of it seriously. If you are someone who gets offended at the slightest comment like "you're ugly", "you're fat", etc. then don't watch this show and the likes of it because you'll definitely get worse comments than those. It's like Little Britain but with 6 stand up comedians outdoing each other with their comical statements in front of a live audience.

fred
11th August 2016, 02:07
I doubt people will react the way they did if she said Indian or Chinese or African children.

I would have reacted in exactly the same way..
Sick jokes about kids were always off range for decent Brits..
Perhaps those days are gone now?:NoNo:

fred
11th August 2016, 02:26

Me either Micheal..I guess one has to be `moderne` to get it..
If she had of made a clever quip about islam then thats when we would have seen the fatwas`s and daggers...
She knows she cant do that so she targets kids nalang..

Michael Parnham
11th August 2016, 07:27
In this segment of Mock the Week, the topic was "Unlikely lines from a cosmetics commercial". She said "We don't test any of our products on animals. We use Filipino children." I doubt people will react the way they did if she said Indian or Chinese or African children.

If you watch Mock the Week, you know the format of the show and should never take anything of it seriously. If you are someone who gets offended at the slightest comment like "you're ugly", "you're fat", etc. then don't watch this show and the likes of it because you'll definitely get worse comments than those. It's like Little Britain but with 6 stand up comedians outdoing each other with their comical statements in front of a live audience.

Thank you Rayna, I understand now yes the comment is rather racist but as you say not to be taken seriously, I must admit never watched Mock the week or Little Britain!

stevewool
11th August 2016, 09:56
So are you wool by name and woolly by nature Steve??:wink:

No just hairy all over:laugher:

stevewool
11th August 2016, 10:02
That's the problem now days, different things effect different people,
Live and let live, but don't you dare mention my family, I DO LOVE THEM ALL, really:biggrin:

grahamw48
11th August 2016, 10:04
Me either Micheal..I guess one has to be `moderne` to get it..
If she had of made a clever quip about islam then thats when we would have seen the fatwas`s and daggers...
She knows she cant do that so she targets kids nalang..

(Christian) Filipinos are an easy target.

They don't whine and whinge, or blow you up when they don't share your sense of humour. :NoNo:

raynaputi
11th August 2016, 10:31
(Christian) Filipinos are an easy target.

They don't whine and whinge, or blow you up when they don't share your sense of humour. :NoNo:

Yeah, like when Justin Bieber posted this photo and everyone got butthurt and offended and threatening to kill him! :icon_lol::crazy:

http://www.trbimg.com/img-50d49918/turbine/la-sp-sn-justin-bieber-reemed-for-posting-mann-001/600

Steve.r
11th August 2016, 11:55
People who take a thing out of context will always get butt hurt. I dare any of you lot to watch Jimmy Carr and not feel butt hurt in some form. It is comedy. It is satire. People need to grow up and see the whole picture in context. Mock the week is a great and funny show.

https://youtu.be/3y_V4rO-ZnQ

Jimmy Carr takes the pee out of anything and anyone, watch around the 8 to 12 minute time if you want to be offended.

raynaputi
11th August 2016, 12:39
People who take a thing out of context will always get butt hurt. I dare any of you lot to watch Jimmy Carr and not feel butt hurt in some form. It is comedy. It is satire. People need to grow up and see the whole picture in context. Mock the week is a great and funny show.

Jimmy Carr takes the pee out of anything and anyone, watch around the 8 to 12 minute time if you want to be offended.

I like Jimmy Carr. Keith and I watch his tv shows all the time. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Frankie Boyle is even worse (I rate him the worst honestly. Sometimes I do get cringe with him)! Ramesh Ranganathan (British) take a pee about his Sri Lankan descent, Russell Peters (American Indian) takes a pee about Indians and any other nationalities! Maybe we need to picket and rally wherever they have shows. :furious3:

Michael Parnham
12th August 2016, 07:48

Just watched a little, laughed at some of it but I also had a lot of shocks, I'm more used to Hancock and Tommy Cooper:smile:

Steve.r
12th August 2016, 09:27
Just watched a little, laughed at some of it but I also had a lot of shocks, I'm more used to Hancock and Tommy Cooper:smile:
Therein lies the issues with comedy and satire. In my mind a lot of the comedy that was around post war was always racist and the examples you give were part of that post war movement, along with the Carry On group and many many more. At the time it was ok to call immigrants all sorts of names that today you can't because you would cause offense. Today, there are many comedians who are restricted by political correctness, so when they fly close to the line everyone is so faux shocked. Shows like Mock the Week, comedians like Jimmy Carr play on the edge, but this is where modern comedy has to lay. We have heard all the old jokes before, let's enjoy a 21st century joke in the way and in the context they are meant.

As as a side to this, I have been to a few comedy clubs in Manila. At each one I have been singled out as the white man in the room and I have been on stage with Jose Manalo where he was taking the pee out of me in Tagalog so I didn't know what he was saying. Something about foreskins I believe. I think Filipinos will understand that joke. Was I upset? No.... It's all a joke.

Terpe
12th August 2016, 10:04
As as a side to this, I have been to a few comedy clubs in Manila. At each one I have been singled out as the white man in the room and I have been on stage with Jose Manalo where he was taking the pee out of me in Tagalog so I didn't know what he was saying. Something about foreskins I believe. I think Filipinos will understand that joke. Was I upset? No.... It's all a joke.

Hahaha, glad to know I'm not the only one...

I got pulled out of the crowd by Arnell Ignacio. He got me doing all kinds of crazy stuff and I had no idea what he was saying, everyone was laughing, including my wife, so I was quite happy just continuing. All just a joke for me too Steve.

I got quite quite well known and recognised fort ages afterwards too. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Any white guys of a sensitive nature should stay away from those comedy clubs.........you'll likely get plucked from the audience :icon_lol:

grahamw48
12th August 2016, 10:56
They certainly seem to get a good laugh out of my epic performances on the karaoke . :icon_lol:

fred
12th August 2016, 11:03
They certainly seem to get a good laugh out of my epic performances on the karaoke . :icon_lol:

Yeah but thats that because its pure comedy Graham!

grahamw48
12th August 2016, 11:16
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/grahamw48/Gifs/lonely8919718_zpsxukachjm.gif~original