PDA

View Full Version : Living with in your means

stevewool
10th August 2016, 07:22
You read it in the news about people being just 1 pay cheque from losing there home, so is this true or not .
What if you are renting a council house and have kids too, well it's harder then to loose that house.
We have a mixture of people that work for us and there are a few who do live from week to week but have been like this for years,
The other day one came in and was on about he has these final demands for this and that and they was going to send around bailiffs too.
Well that was it ,the other low life jump in and told him to do this and do that and then they can't touch you, it was amazing listening to him and getting away with things too,
How the other half live but seem to have more then you in material things,
The next thing mentioned was bag out another kid and you will get more money too, and they have the nerve call the emigrants names,
The only name I have for these idiots is dosers

grahamw48
10th August 2016, 09:10
Our governments over the years have created a culture of 'dependency', while not properly punishing anti-social behaviour.

They (politicians) themselves have demonstrated dishonest and unscrupulous behaviour at every level, so what are the 'lower classes' of mere mortals supposed to make of that ?

Christian church attendance, with its sermons on morality has steadily declined to an all-time low amongst native Britons too, so no 'guiding light' there' every Sunday.

Then ... there is the gutter media. :NoNo:

Arthur Little
10th August 2016, 09:15
Our governments over the years have created a culture of 'dependency', while not properly punishing anti-social behaviour.

They (politicians) themselves have demonstrated dishonest and unscrupulous behaviour at every level, so what are the 'lower classes' of mere mortals supposed to make of that ?

Christian church attendance, with its moral sermons has steadily declined to an all-time low amongst native Britons too, so no 'guiding light there'.

Then ... there is the gutter media. :NoNo:

:iagree: media has a lot to answer for ... both here and in the Philippines.

stevewool
10th August 2016, 11:23
Can't blame everything on other people,
It's how you feel yourself and what you want to do about it

fred
10th August 2016, 11:55
Our governments over the years have created a culture of 'dependency',

Yes Graham...Dependency and DEBT!!
Do they still sell china piggy banks like the few that my mother bought me as a kid?? Not seen any of them things since the 80`s...
I`m afraid that the money culture has changed so much that I no longer recognize it...
I made my kids a money box out of a 6" diameter section of bamboo with a coin slot.. That thing is heavier now than a solid piece of lead and the kids are contantly bugging me to get the bolo to it so that I can open them a local bank account!!

Ako Si Jamie
10th August 2016, 13:21
Pay day loans, keeping up with the Jones' and herd mentality all play a part.

grahamw48
10th August 2016, 18:13
I've got next to sod all, but I haven't been a penny overdrawn for at least 12 years... and everything I own is paid for. No loans either.

Always get a good night's sleep, and still manage to support my family and make 3 or 4 trips a year to the Phils.

Harry T
10th August 2016, 21:36
I've got next to sod all, but I haven't been a penny overdrawn for at least 12 years... and everything I own is paid for. No loans either.

Always get a good night's sleep, and still manage to support my family and make 3 or 4 trips a year to the Phils.

Fair play to you mate, what i will say Money cant buy happiness. cant give you any rep mate, i have to spread it around, problem is we dont seem to have many to spread it around to these days.. :smile:

grahamw48
10th August 2016, 22:19
Cheers Harry.

I haven't always been on the breadline... and it is a lifestyle choice I've made.

Sadly, I've also seen so many of my 'rich' long-standing friends from my generation die well before their time.

The extra years I've managed to survive, I wouldn't swap for all their worldly possessions. May they rest in peace.