PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a Driving Instructor

marksroomspain
27th August 2016, 18:32
Well here goes at starting my new career as a driving instructor.

After holding my driving licence for 2 and a half years on November 1st I can finally start my training to become an ADI.

With a job offer already on the cards and a minimum 2 year contract with a good friend of mine who owns a highly established driving school things are looking even better.

Best thing is I dont have to worry about showing a years worth of accounts for my wifes ILR as she earns over the threshold herself...:biggrin:

grahamw48
27th August 2016, 19:44
Well, good luck with it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

(Personally, I don't have the temperament. :NoNo: The first pupil would probably be dropped off back at their front door after 10 minutes. :icon_lol: )

stevewool
27th August 2016, 21:22
Great news Mark, are you going to learn your wife or does she drive already

Arthur Little
27th August 2016, 23:03
Well here goes at starting my new career as a driving instructor.

After holding my driving licence for 2 and a half years on November 1st I can finally start my training to become an ADI.

With a job offer already on the cards and a minimum 2 year contract with a good friend of mine who owns a highly established driving school things are looking even better.

Best thing is I dont have to worry about showing a years worth of accounts for my wifes ILR as she earns over the threshold herself...:biggrin:

Well, Mark ... if you're as good at that as you are at helping new members with their visa enquiries, then I'm sure you will make an excellent driving instructor. Therefore, it gives me much pleasure
in wishing you all the very BEST in your new career. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
27th August 2016, 23:07
Great news Mark, are you going to learn your wife or does she drive already

No Steve she's a newbie, and she was gonna start her lessons with my previous instructor next year but told her to hang fire so can teach her myself,well one thing the saving I will have doing that pays for my instructors course...:biggrin:

But I just hope I can be tough with her when she makes those mistakes...:doh...:laugher:

marksroomspain
27th August 2016, 23:08
Well, Mark ... if you're as good at that as you are at helping new members with their visa enquiries, then I'm sure you will make an excellent driving instructor. Therefore, I have much pleasure in wishing you all the very BEST in your new career. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

My hat off to a true gentleman and a good friend, Thanks Arthur...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

marksroomspain
27th August 2016, 23:10
Well, good luck with it. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

(Personally, I don't have the temperament. :NoNo: The first pupil would probably be dropped off back at their front door after 10 minutes. :icon_lol: )

Thanks Bud...:laugher:

Arthur Little
27th August 2016, 23:51
My hat off to a true gentleman and a good friend, Thanks Arthur...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you, Mark ... BOTH for your kind compliment and the *rep; have *one from me for your splendid achievement! :smile:

mickcant
28th August 2016, 05:38
I well remember when I was teaching my 1st wife to drive in the 1970s, She was an English woman with a bit of a temper, it was hell, she did not like me telling her when she was going wrong! :Brick:

I hope things go better for you.:Erm:
Mick. :smile:

Michael Parnham
28th August 2016, 06:23
Good luck Mark, It takes a very brave person to change career later in life and I sincerely hope you make a big success of your new venture, I'm sure you deserve It:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
28th August 2016, 08:59
No Steve she's a newbie, and she was gonna start her lessons with my previous instructor next year but told her to hang fire so can teach her myself,well one thing the saving I will have doing that pays for my instructors course...:biggrin:

But I just hope I can be tough with her when she makes those mistakes...:doh...:laugher:

Well good luck with that one, you will need it, or i can see yourself cooking your own tea at lease once a week:biggrin: