PDA

View Full Version : Rubbish Bin Collection

raynaputi
1st September 2016, 19:06
How often does your wheelie bin get collected? We just got a notice that we will start to replace the fortnightly collection by 3 weekly collection on October. Now we recycle a lot in this house and in our village, but even with fortnightly, we are already struggling with the rubbish bin because we have animal wastes (we have guinea pigs). We usually go to the tip (10 miles from us) to dump the ones that won't fit in the bin, and now that it'll be collected every 3 weeks, we surely know it will stink the garden and probably in the village! :Brick::Brick::Brick:

SimonH
1st September 2016, 19:46
Once a week, on a Wednesday :smile:

Ako Si Jamie
1st September 2016, 19:50
Every Monday for me.

Three weeks seems a long period to wait. Has Keith paid the Council Tax? :icon_lol:

raynaputi
1st September 2016, 20:37
It's the whole Conwy Council. If the collection is on a Monday, they are collected every 4 weeks! Ours are collected on a Tuesday so it'll be every 3 weeks! Flipping council! :smileybigangry:

Trefor
1st September 2016, 21:40
Vote them out, completely unacceptable. We get weekly collections for recycling and normal waste. Garden waste every 2 weeks.

raynaputi
1st September 2016, 21:47
Vote them out, completely unacceptable. We get weekly collections for recycling and normal waste. Garden waste every 2 weeks.

Loads have complained and I believe even had a petition before they implemented it, but all still gone to deaf ears. When they asked for a survey about this last year, I've put loads of complaints in it, yet it seems it's gone straight to the bin as well! :smileybigangry::BlacklistThumbdown0

stevewool
2nd September 2016, 07:17
Take your extra black bags to the council steps, that may sort them out, surely this could turn out to be a health hazard

stevewool
2nd September 2016, 07:18
Our bins are collected every other week, blue bin one week black bin the next week and so on

Michael Parnham
2nd September 2016, 07:20
How often does your wheelie bin get collected? We just got a notice that we will start to replace the fortnightly collection by 3 weekly collection on October. Now we recycle a lot in this house and in our village, but even with fortnightly, we are already struggling with the rubbish bin because we have animal wastes (we have guinea pigs). We usually go to the tip (10 miles from us) to dump the ones that won't fit in the bin, and now that it'll be collected every 3 weeks, we surely know it will stink the garden and probably in the village! :Brick::Brick::Brick:

Surely your animal excluding doc and cat waste should go in your garden compost bin Rayna:Erm:

Michael Parnham
2nd September 2016, 07:30
We put our bin out once every two months and they are still hardly half full, been recycling for over 25 years now, if we get a big box like a large TV box I always stand next to the bin and tear it up into approx. 2inch pieces and they hardly take up any space also hedge and tree cuttings cut them up and put them in garden compost bin, neighbors have always said I'm crazy but the satisfaction from doing these things is everything is nice and tidy and never had problems with the bin men, also every time I clean and polish my car I do the wheelie bins also:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
2nd September 2016, 07:34
Our bins are collected every other week, blue bin one week black bin the next week and so on

We have the same system but I only put mine out every 4th time which works out two months:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
2nd September 2016, 07:35
We put our bin out once every two months and they are still hardly half full, been recycling for over 25 years now, if we get a big box like a large TV box I always stand next to the bin and tear it up into approx. 2inch pieces and they hardly take up any space also hedge and tree cuttings cut them up and put them in garden compost bin, neighbors have always said I'm crazy but the satisfaction from doing these things is everything is nice and tidy and never had problems with the bin men, also every time I clean and polish my car I do the wheelie bins also:xxgrinning--00xx3:

I think I'm beginning to appreciate your neighbours point of view :icon_lol:

You polish your wheelie bin :crazy:

stevewool
2nd September 2016, 07:49

It takes time but we all get there in the end

Michael Parnham
2nd September 2016, 07:50

Yes I do also when emptied I just pour half a bucket of bleached water in the bin and brush with my soft sweeping brush to make it nice and shiny, and my brush is nice and clean too. When we lived in our apartment in Dumaguete we were in a first floor apartment and the steps plus a long veranda which ran along sixteen apartments was also mopped every morning at 4.30 am by me and it looked amazing and after about three months the owner got the security guard to do it at 4.30 am, he worked 15 hours a day for p200 so I used to give him p100 every day and he was a lovely young man:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
2nd September 2016, 07:52
Can you remember the good old days when all you had was a small metal tub as a bin, in those day the bin men would come to your house empty that bin into there bin and swing it on there shoulder and off they went down to the lorry, if you had any other rubbish he would come back and do the same.
When we was kids we use to chuck the extra bags into the back of the truck while they watch over us, and at Xmas there was always a few bob in a envelope for the bin men for all there good work,

Michael Parnham
2nd September 2016, 07:55
Can you remember the good old days when all you had was a small metal tub as a bin, in those day the bin men would come to your house empty that bin into there bin and swing it on there shoulder and off they went down to the lorry, if you had any other rubbish he would come back and do the same.
When we was kids we use to chuck the extra bags into the back of the truck while they watch over us, and at Xmas there was always a few bob in a envelope for the bin men for all there good work,

Yes Steve it was a galvanized steel dustbin and in those days we were not made aware of recycling and all the fireplace ashes went in it:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
2nd September 2016, 07:57
Yes I do also when emptied I just pour half a bucket of bleached water in the bin and brush with my soft sweeping brush to make it nice and shiny, and my brush is nice and clean too. When we lived in our apartment in Dumaguete we were in a first floor apartment and the steps plus a long veranda which ran along sixteen apartments was also mopped every morning at 4.30 am by me and it looked amazing and after about three months the owner got the security guard to do it at 4.30 am, he worked 15 hours a day for p200 so I used to give him p100 every day and he was a lovely young man:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Have you painted your house number on your bin Michael , if you have not i may be round and exchange it for my dirty fly infested , shared napkins and maybe the odd body fluid drips on tissues , but there is a big 55 painted on the bin , would this matter

Michael Parnham
2nd September 2016, 07:58
How many of you clean your rain gutters every year? because I do and have done it for over 30 years, look what happens over the years when they are not cleaned, plus these jobs help keep you fit and save you lots of problems long term:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
2nd September 2016, 08:11
How many of you clean your rain gutters every year? because I do and have done it for over 30 years, look what happens over the years when they are not cleaned, plus these jobs help keep you fit and save you lots of problems long term:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael, is the house yours or are you renting, now at your age going up ladders to the roof line i think is a little silly when there is no need, you have to sometimes think " what i am doing is it worth it",
When its your own home there are jobs that you can do yourself and it only takes a few hours, but every year cleaning your gutters is a little to much , well thats unless you live in a forest.
I have just had my chimney re-pointed and 12 frost effected worn bricks replaced and these was on the first floor so a ladder was needed, all this was done in 1 day , a fantastic job was done and all for £260,
I am sorry to say at your age yes keep fit by doing certain but climbing ladders i would say is not one.
When you say you are cleaning out your gutters is there someone holding the ladder while you are up there.

raynaputi
2nd September 2016, 09:04
Surely your animal excluding doc and cat waste should go in your garden compost bin Rayna:Erm:

We have 2 big compost bin but it's already overflowing and we just empied it a couple of months ago. We change the guinea pigs beddings every 2/3 days or the house will stink. We have to go to the tip every 2 weeks to throw 5/6 bags of their wastes coz it doesn't fit to our bin after a week.

Slip
2nd September 2016, 09:10
They alternate it here. Thursdays is recycling one week, black bags the next.

Terpe
2nd September 2016, 11:53
When we lived in Davao City rubbish was collected every day.

Here in Marikina we have collections on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
Unlike in Davao, the rubbish must be sorted into biodegradable and non-biodegradable. They're very strict on it too.

What is classed as non-household waste needs to handled by the local office who collect it upon a phone call.
Stuff like wood, metal, solvents, concrete, hollow blocks and the like

SimonH
2nd September 2016, 12:31
When we lived in Davao City rubbish was collected every day.

Here in Marikina we have collections on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
Unlike in Davao, the rubbish must be sorted into biodegradable and non-biodegradable. They're very strict on it too.

What is classed as non-household waste needs to handled by the local office who collect it upon a phone call.
Stuff like wood, metal, solvents, concrete, hollow blocks and the like

Sounds similar to our place in Angeles. 3 x a week and must be separated all for less than £100 a year and that includes CCTV coverage and 24/7 security :smile:

fred
2nd September 2016, 12:39
Tins and plastic bottles get collected and go down the junk shop for cash once every 2/3 months,Bottles get smashed up and mixed with concrete as required..
The rest is incinerated in a good ole fashioned bonfire once a week. Job done.

Trefor
2nd September 2016, 13:11

No, they explicitly tell people not to do this. Something to do with hygene, I'm not sure why either (our council sent a communication about dog poop - dog poop bags too).

Michael Parnham
2nd September 2016, 20:49
Have you painted your house number on your bin Michael , if you have not i may be round and exchange it for my dirty fly infested , shared napkins and maybe the odd body fluid drips on tissues , but there is a big 55 painted on the bin , would this matter
Have very neat number stickers on my bins and when I applied them on the three bins I used a spirit level to mark the bins so that every sticker was perfectly level and when the bins are lined up they look cool, also when we first moved here I bought two 3x2 paving slabs and painted them black setting them on some nice gravel perfectly level of coarse for the bins to sit on and they fit very neatly, ref the ladder Steve I run up it:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
3rd September 2016, 07:11
Have very neat number stickers on my bins and when I applied them on the three bins I used a spirit level to mark the bins so that every sticker was perfectly level and when the bins are lined up they look cool, also when we first moved here I bought two 3x2 paving slabs and painted them black setting them on some nice gravel perfectly level of coarse for the bins to sit on and they fit very neatly, ref the ladder Steve I run up it:xxgrinning--00xx3:

The only ladders I run up Michael on the ones on stockings, and then I run up them with my wet tongue

fred
3rd September 2016, 10:25

Micheal..Post a picture of your bins please..I want to see if your bin stickers are really as level as you say and all line up plum and accurately..
I`ll tell you if I think they are level or not etc..
Cheers,
Fred.

grahamw48
3rd September 2016, 11:13
Now now boys. :icon_lol:

I think my bin would take about 6 weeks to fill... and the bin man would laugh at my paltry contributions to the re-cycling boxes, even if put out fortnightly.

Some of my neighbours down the road make up for it by putting out about 500 Fosters cans, :Cuckoo: from what I saw the other day.

Michael Parnham
3rd September 2016, 11:26
Micheal..Post a picture of your bins please..I want to see if your bin stickers are really as level as you say and all line up plum and accurately..
I`ll tell you if I think they are level or not etc..
Cheers,
Fred.

Would love to Fred, but I don't know how to put photo's from a camera to a computer I'd have to ask someone to do it for me, wait until I move in a few weeks because the new neighbour is a single young Vet, so when I've introduced myself I will ask her to do it for me:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
3rd September 2016, 11:45
Still moving then Michael,
The house you are in at the moment have you finished the lease you had with them then

grahamw48
3rd September 2016, 11:51
If the phone has a USB connecter Michael, just stick that into the computer USB slot, with camera attached the other end.

Press the 'on' button on the camera... go to 'my computer', and hopefully the camera should show up on there, as a storage device. Click on that . Start opening files and downloading pics therein (normally a file called DCIM will contain the photos). Save to your 'my pictures' file on the desktop, initially.

Give it a try. You can't break anything. :smile:

grahamw48
3rd September 2016, 12:04
http://i1375.photobucket.com/albums/ag455/grahamw58/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160903_115749_zpsrd4qgtgr.jpg

Doc Alan
3rd September 2016, 12:37
After Graham's helpful instructions, the next step is to upload photos to the Forum. Left click on this link (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/52033-Uploading-photos) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
3rd September 2016, 12:40
I am so excited :Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump::Jump:

stevewool
3rd September 2016, 12:48
I thought i had a old picture ,
Here is a picture of a young Michael's first attempt of cleaning the inside of his wheelie

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo208/woolleybooby23/2CE5A54A00000578-3253202-image-a-110_1443531785220_zpscfk7pawf.jpg (http://s376.photobucket.com/user/woolleybooby23/media/2CE5A54A00000578-3253202-image-a-110_1443531785220_zpscfk7pawf.jpg.html)

stevewool
3rd September 2016, 13:02
... the new neighbour is a single young Vet, so when I've introduced myself I will ask her to do it for me :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Single and next door to the new house, so whos the lucky one then

Michael Parnham
3rd September 2016, 14:36
Still moving then Michael,
The house you are in at the moment have you finished the lease you had with them then

Only have to give a weeks notice, it is the exception because of the money I've spent on improvements to suit my requirements:xxgrinning--00xx3:

fred
3rd September 2016, 14:44
I say burn it all and then make something useful!

http://up.picr.de/13228832cx.jpg

grahamw48
3rd September 2016, 14:46
Haha.... you can get away with that in the Phils Fred. :wink:

cheekee
3rd September 2016, 21:27
It's wheelie bin a long time since ours were collected as we have to take our rubbish to these containers placed on the main road.

grahamw48
3rd September 2016, 22:22
I refuse to laugh at such an old throwaway joke. :biggrin:

cheekee
3rd September 2016, 22:38
I refuse to laugh at such an old throwaway joke. :biggrin:

Bet you did anyway :)

grahamw48
4th September 2016, 00:01
Yes, only because it reminded me of an old girlfriend of mine... Lydia Dustbin. :biggrin:

cheekee
4th September 2016, 03:00
Yes, only because it reminded me of an old girlfriend of mine... Lydia Dustbin. :biggrin:

haha :)

Michael Parnham
4th September 2016, 06:03
After Graham's helpful instructions, the next step is to upload photos to the Forum. Left click on this link (http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php/52033-Uploading-photos) :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Thank you Alan:xxgrinning--00xx3:

SimonH
4th September 2016, 08:13
Had a chat with my Chinese neighbour the other day..

Me... where's your bin?
Her... Hong Kong
Me... No, where's your wheelie bin
Her... Yes I've really been to Hong Kong

:anerikke:

Michael Parnham
4th September 2016, 10:17
Had a chat with my Chinese neighbour the other day..

Me... where's your bin?
Her... Hong Kong
Me... No, where's your wheelie bin
Her... Yes I've really been to Hong Kong

:anerikke:

Like it:icon_lol:

fred
4th September 2016, 10:53
He said.."Where`s yer bin luv"?
And she said ..."I bin Hung kung".
"Naaa,wheres yer Wheely bin Luv"? He said.
So she said..."I wheelie bin hung kung" !!
:icon_lol:

grahamw48
4th September 2016, 11:19
Did he give her a tip ? :biggrin:

SimonH
4th September 2016, 11:24
Did he give her a tip ? :biggrin:

Yep, a rubbish one though :Erm:

Michael Parnham
17th February 2017, 06:55

Same here, but I only need to put ours out once a month, blue one month green the next month so each bin gets emptied six times a year:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
17th February 2017, 08:24
Same here, but I only need to put ours out once a month, blue one month green the next month so each bin gets emptied six times a year:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Not to sure how you pay your council tax bill Michael but our bins are emptied and we dont have to pay extra for this service , so they are emptied every other week, this helps to keep the smell from any rotten food or waste .
Yes i do try to make sure if i have to put items like this in the bin its wrapped in paper and maybe i may put some bleach on it to help keep any flies or any animal trying to get to the odd bone.
So a month of not emptying our bin is a big no no for me.
But again i must stress what is good for one maybe not is good for another, and i do hope i have not caused any stress to anyone making this comment .

Michael Parnham
17th February 2017, 11:58
Not to sure how you pay your council tax bill Michael but our bins are emptied and we dont have to pay extra for this service , so they are emptied every other week, this helps to keep the smell from any rotten food or waste .
Yes i do try to make sure if i have to put items like this in the bin its wrapped in paper and maybe i may put some bleach on it to help keep any flies or any animal trying to get to the odd bone.
So a month of not emptying our bin is a big no no for me.
But again i must stress what is good for one maybe not is good for another, and i do hope i have not caused any stress to anyone making this comment .
Don't put food in the bin because I don't have any waste food Also it would take a year to fill my bins, I can't believe how some people like just a couple can fill the wheelie bin what do they put in them?:Erm:

stevewool
17th February 2017, 12:09
Don't put food in the bin because I don't have any waste food Also it would take a year to fill my bins, I can't believe how some people like just a couple can fill the wheelie bin what do they put in them?:Erm:

You are in for a shock soon.
In my household there are 4 of us and the amount of rubbish from shopping and the kitchen bin being emptied every day, with teabags and any other items that get thrown into it.
So it's cleaner for us to get the bins emptied every other week, remember when it was emptied ever week.

Michael Parnham
17th February 2017, 12:16
You are in for a shock soon.
In my household there are 4 of us and the amount of rubbish from shopping and the kitchen bin being emptied every day, with teabags and any other items that get thrown into it.
So it's cleaner for us to get the bins emptied every other week, remember when it was emptied ever week.

My teabags peelings fruit skins ect all go in my garden compost bin with the leaves and grass cuttings ect:smile:

stevewool
17th February 2017, 12:30
My teabags peelings fruit skins ect all go in my garden compost bin with the leaves and grass cuttings ect:smile:

Ok it just shows we are all different in what we do, can I ask will you be throwing any nappies in the bins or are they going on the compost heap, because if they go into the bin they will stink to high heaven, no matter how much you bleach your bins,

Michael Parnham
17th February 2017, 12:37
No nappies in this house:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
17th February 2017, 12:58

What ever Michael, again we all different to one another and again what suits one does not suit another,and I must stress too that this is just my own view,

SimonH
17th February 2017, 13:07

I like it, get em trained early Tito Mick :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
17th February 2017, 14:39
I wouldn't say my cooking was bad... but I've the only bin in the street with ulcers.

grahamw48
17th February 2017, 14:40

Same for me Michael. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Michael Parnham
17th February 2017, 15:43
Same for me Michael. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Nice to have you back Graham, lovely Avatar again:xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
17th February 2017, 21:43

Why are they in the compost bin too.