PDA

View Full Version : Vacations

aromulus
21st December 2007, 09:12
As from today, I am officially on the annual Company Christmas break. :D
We will resume work on the 2nd of January...:NoNo:

I thought long and hard wether nipping over to Cebu with Jet for a week or so, but the expense is unaffordable at the present moment.

Besides my car needs a new clutch and the £ 700/800 quoted for the job sound a bit out of order. Checking things online I realized that the parts alone are a little over £600. :NoNo:
But it looks like that I will have to pay that, or no car......:cwm23:

Then the long list of Chrissie pressies is getting longer by the minute. And I mean "longer"....

So, home sweet home it will be, this year, with my dear Jet.
As soon as the car is fixed I will take her around the better parts of North Wales, making sure to miss Rhyl and Prestatyn.:NoNo:
The new year will start quite nicely, as I am expecting a decent end of year bonus with the December salary.:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Then it will be matter of working the proverbials off, to make sure that in February 2009 we can spend a few weeks in sunny Cebu...:xxgrinning--00xx3:

KeithD
21st December 2007, 10:21
Rhyl's safe on Xmas morning...every one is in....so you can move around without the threat of being mugged by a Manc smackhead.:)

Alan
21st December 2007, 10:44
Hi Dom,

Couldn't PM you so message here.

Maybe the four of us can meet up in Feb. sometime, somewhere.

Al.:)

KeithD
21st December 2007, 10:59
Maybe his love box is full :)

joebloggs
21st December 2007, 11:54
as long as its not in that swingers club scouser keith told me about in manchester :yikes:, what it's name.. cupids ???

:yikes: they've even got a website :NoNo::cwm24::Help1:

aromulus
21st December 2007, 16:06
I never trusted large-ish garages and I proved myself right again....

With some difficulty I drove to see a mechanic in town...
I persuaded him to have a quick look under the bonnet of my car, and the diagnosis was what I suspected all along but didn't have the guts to tell the guy that usually services my motor.
The clutch Hydraulics fluid was perished, and nearly out.... :doh
After a while we located the oil reservoir under the dashboard, of all places, and he proceeded to bleed out the bad stuff, while at the same time refilling it with a syringe...
He deserved the £40 he asked after the job was done.
Saved me a right bundle....
He also taught me some swear words I never heard before....:D