PDA

View Full Version : Cathay 7 Day Sale

Harry T
8th September 2016, 12:36
Just got email from Cathay they have a 7 day sale on, Manila from £429...

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_GB/offers.html??UTM_SOURCE=EDM-CX-PROMO&UTM_MEDIUM=CXPECIALS&UTM_CAMPAIGN=20160908-7DAY-SALE&UTM_CONTENT=OFFERS&UTM_TERM=BUBBLES&spMailingID=26448038&spUserID=MTI1NjI2MzAxNTM0S0&spJobID=881178234&spReportId=ODgxMTc4MjM0S0#london

Terpe
8th September 2016, 12:48
Very nice price from a quality carrier :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
8th September 2016, 22:12
Thanks Harry. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'd noticed that they were showing up as the best value on Skyscanner... which surprised me.

I may try them for my end of year trip I'm just shopping for at the moment ( having got my passport back from the Passport Office yesterday... hooray ! :Jump: ).

Terpe
9th September 2016, 13:26
Thanks Harry. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

I'd noticed that they were showing up as the best value on Skyscanner... which surprised me.

I may try them for my end of year trip I'm just shopping for at the moment ( having got my passport back from the Passport Office yesterday... hooray ! :Jump: ).

Glad to hear you got your passport back Graham :xxgrinning--00xx3:

To be honest I was begining to wonder after you mention you applied in July.

I need to renew mine next year. I'll do it as soon as my BI annual report is completed.....
Not looking forward to that :NoNo:

grahamw48
9th September 2016, 21:13
The only thing with Cathay, is that it's a very long leg to Hong Kong, whereas if I go with Etihad or Emirates, the journey is split more evenly (and price with Etihad still very good, plus I get the air miles to add on to the ones already accrued).

I do spend hours scratching my head over the options.

I have also used the Momondo search engine today, which is pretty good for sorting through various permutations.

Turkish airlines seem to be a bit of a bargain too... and journey times ok (from Manchester), but not sure what they're going to be like. :Erm: I'll have a look on google for recent reviews.

Peter, yes, I looked up what was normal protocol for return of passports in my circumstances (all available on the net), and just went with that... plus using advice given to me on their helpline, which I found to be very good. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cost a few quid for special delivery envelopes, but money well-spent.

Leo
10th September 2016, 07:22
Hello Graham I have flown Turkish airlines it was ok no problems the only thing is they tend to move the flight times I have booked to go next month out of Birmingham 3hrs connection time each way now on the return flight it is 8 hours I cant change it I have booked all the hotels will take a good book

stevewool
10th September 2016, 07:30
Like everything in life, why is it my dates are never in the sale,:doh

Ako Si Jamie
10th September 2016, 08:28
Like everything in life, why is it my dates are never in the sale,:doh Don't fly over Xmas and New Year then. :biggrin:

stevewool
10th September 2016, 08:40
If thats the only dates i can have for a longer holiday we are stuck, i have even told Emma to go with out when there are cheap prices but she will not,

SimonH
10th September 2016, 08:43
Try Christmas day, often a lot cheaper :smile:

stevewool
10th September 2016, 08:57
I have flown on that day,
It was with Etihad, and i had 2 Christmas dinners and a little present too, That was another gift to give Emma on our first ever meeting.

grahamw48
10th September 2016, 09:56
Hello Graham I have flown Turkish airlines it was ok no problems the only thing is they tend to move the flight times I have booked to go next month out of Birmingham 3hrs connection time each way now on the return flight it is 8 hours I cant change it I have booked all the hotels will take a good book

Thanks Leo...useful info. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
10th September 2016, 11:58
Try Christmas day, often a lot cheaper :smile:True. November tends to be the cheapest time to go to the Phils I find.

grahamw48
10th September 2016, 18:41
Well, I've decided to go with Emirates.

Got a bit of discount with some air miles, so £458, and that includes Xmas. 30kg baggage allowance.

Booked and paid for. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
10th September 2016, 20:30
Well, I've decided to go with Emirates.

Got a bit of discount with some air miles, so £458, and that includes Xmas. 30kg baggage allowance.

Booked and paid for. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

That's a great price Graham, happy holidays a head :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Ako Si Jamie
10th September 2016, 20:33
Singapore Airlines and Etihad are both below £500 at the moment too. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

grahamw48
10th September 2016, 20:37
That's a great price Graham, happy holidays a head :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Cheers Steve.

8 weeks too, so time to get a good tan and spend some quality time with the family. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

stevewool
10th September 2016, 20:38
Singapore Airlines and Etihad are both below £500 at the moment too. :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Wow what dates , are they both on sky scanner

Ako Si Jamie
10th September 2016, 20:45
wow what dates , are they both on sky scanner pic

Harry T
10th September 2016, 21:52
I know i posted the Cathay Link, but it was to late for me i had booked 1 week previous with Oman through pic £422 with 40Kg, my first time to be in Phills for Christmas, last year was spent here in my flat alone so whatever happens has to be better than that...have a nice young lady to meet as well we have been chatting now for 3 months so hopefully this time.. :smile: got to be a first she has never mentioned money lols..

grahamw48
10th September 2016, 21:57
Oh, you've done well there then Harry (on both counts, by the sound of it :biggrin: ) .

If you're in Manila around Xmas, stay in touch mate. :xxgrinning--00xx3: