PDA

View Full Version : Manager and Assistant Manager

stevewool
18th September 2016, 10:52
Well what is the difference between a manager and an assistant manager?
To me the manager get the assistant manager to do all the work and yet he gets all the glory, well this assistant manager has had enough of that and he has turned.
I am fed up with getting the work done to the best of my ability and this t---t says its his way and all is well.
Its been 2 weeks since it is down to me and him running the place and it done run smooth too ( and thats because of me )
Over the last few days i have let him try to run things and what cock ups he causes, i then have to step in and change things, he then says nothing until i have walked out of the office then he tries to tell anyone who will listen,
Each day starts like this Morning Steve , i reply morning, and then the day just goes along, he may ask my advice on something he does not know or something he has done but forgot about it, i do remind him if its his cock up and for him to sort it out,i must admit i never ask him for advice.
Its funny i seem to have a great memory at work and i try to complete any queries that comes my way, i hate when someone else gets involved and does not finish it , and that is what i say to everyone, if you take a call see it through till the end.
So how long can this last working like this , well for me, forever i get paid to do a job the best i can and i do get paid well,
For the other bloke the manager 18 months, sorry 10 months , sorry Christmas , sorry i am going to F----K them up i am leaving without telling them, yes these are all words spoken from his mouth to many others who would listen, he told me 18 months.
We shall see.

Michael Parnham
18th September 2016, 13:44
A Manager and Assistant Manager should work closely together, and both should have had practical experience of the job for quite a number of years!

Harry T
18th September 2016, 16:07
Usually the manager has all the paper qualifications, but not the on the job knowledge.... The assistant has all the on the job knowledge, but not such good paper qualifications... in other words what i usually term as product knowledge in the widest sense of the word.. :)

Michael Parnham
18th September 2016, 17:30
Usually the manager has all the paper qualifications, but not the on the job knowledge.... The assistant has all the on the job knowledge, but not such good paper qualifications... in other words what i usually term as product knowledge in the widest sense of the word.. :)

This is the problem with todays management in the road haulage industry, managers have no practical experience, Steve as assistant has plenty of practical knowledge:xxgrinning--00xx3:

Arthur Little
18th September 2016, 18:01
This is the problem with today's management in the road haulage industry, managers have no practical experience. Steve as assistant has plenty of practical knowledge :xxgrinning--00xx3:

Yep, :iagree:! Situations like the one mentioned are apt to crop~up all too frequently nowadays. Having witnessed this sort of thing myself ... I've long~believed that businesses in general would, in fact, be better~served if [potential] bosses had to [previously] spend time on the "shop floor", so to speak, in order to gain work experience
as Steve did.

stevewool
18th September 2016, 18:09
I agree with all of you about hands on and working from the ground then up sort of thing until you can get no further.
The trouble is its a family firm and thats what they want too, but some can get far by doing nothing but looking pretty and others take no crap but are fair, well with my good looks and taking no crap i seem to be unique:cwm3:.
End of the day if you think you are right well then just carry on , but if you know someone else is wrong well try to tell them if that fails let them jump in both feet first

Harry T
18th September 2016, 19:09
Its no good sitting back if you think someone is wrong then say so, what the heck if you think about it, its what you get paid for :), it was only during my last few years well 18 months to be precise where i really stepped back and just turned up and did my job so to speak, and didnt really get involved in trialling new products, suggesting new ways of working, i just turned up did my job and went home, mind you having been told by the Boss (Owner) in one instance to Fcuk off may have helped contribute to that..

stevewool
18th September 2016, 19:39
Its no good sitting back if you think someone is wrong then say so, what the heck if you think about it, its what you get paid for :), it was only during my last few years well 18 months to be precise where i really stepped back and just turned up and did my job so to speak, and didnt really get involved in trialling new products, suggesting new ways of working, i just turned up did my job and went home, mind you having been told by the Boss (Owner) in one instance to Fcuk off may have helped contribute to that..

The problem is Harry will they listen when you try to tell them.
Some people can except being told they are wrong and can i help you sort of thing , others are never wrong until the s---t hits the fan and they then try to blame someone else for it.
We will get there one way or another , one thing is for sure its not going to be his way